Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 942
  1. #736
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,870
    Also, cut Mike Davis yesterday to recoup the 4th they lost. Look to trade away the dead weight and add to the depleted draft capital.

    This team needs it, badly. Problem is, I'm not sure I trust Pace anymore to make the picks.

  2. #737
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,636
    Whatever it was that happened with Roquan Smith and his personal issues he has been absolutely awful the last two weeks. Focused on him for a while and his motor looks half speed at times, he has been terrible. I was touting him as a potential all pro soon, now he appears to be going backwards like several of of players. Eddie Jackson has not been anywhere near what we seen last season. And donít get me started on Floyd....

    Look back now at Ryan Paceís drafts. People like to pat him on the back because he drafted Jackson and Cohen in the later rounds (and now Cohen is looking like nothing special). Just look at his draft picks rounds 1-3, its pretty much a disaster. He will always have the trading up to get Trubisky over Mahomes/Watson on his resume, a dark spot so bad I would think he will never get another GM job again. But look at the rest of his picks rounds 1-3. Hitting in the later rounds with useful players is nice but you canít keep missing on rounds 1-3. He should be on the hot seat, though we are talking about the McCaskeys with Ted Phillips. Nothing will happen for a long time.

  3. #738
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    River Forest, Illinois
    Posts
    3,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Whatever it was that happened with Roquan Smith and his personal issues he has been absolutely awful the last two weeks. Focused on him for a while and his motor looks half speed at times, he has been terrible. I was touting him as a potential all pro soon, now he appears to be going backwards like several of of players. Eddie Jackson has not been anywhere near what we seen last season. And donít get me started on Floyd....

    Look back now at Ryan Paceís drafts. People like to pat him on the back because he drafted Jackson and Cohen in the later rounds (and now Cohen is looking like nothing special). Just look at his draft picks rounds 1-3, its pretty much a disaster. He will always have the trading up to get Trubisky over Mahomes/Watson on his resume, a dark spot so bad I would think he will never get another GM job again. But look at the rest of his picks rounds 1-3. Hitting in the later rounds with useful players is nice but you canít keep missing on rounds 1-3. He should be on the hot seat, though we are talking about the McCaskeys with Ted Phillips. Nothing will happen for a long time.
    Also don't forget his suspect signings. Giving 20 mill to Mike Glennon? Ouch.

    It be one thing if he was like Jerry Angelo: God Awful at hit on first round picks but finding Gems in the later rounds, but another to trade away draft capital to get mediocre talent.
    Broncos be like:


  4. #739
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,083
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I'm worried Nagy is sabotaging Mitch on purpose because the team won't let him move on from him. He just decided to run plays that highlight his weaknesses (hopefully in hope that will fix them). Never run. Never rollout.
    I really think this is a part of it. I dont think it is new either. He did weird passive aggressive stuff with the kickers during camp too. The missed field goal broke his brain and he hasnt fixed it yet.

  5. #740
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    18,836
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I'm worried Nagy is sabotaging Mitch on purpose because the team won't let him move on from him. He just decided to run plays that highlight his weaknesses (hopefully in hope that will fix them). Never run. Never rollout.

    That's a huge indivyment on everyone
    1) those in charge should not tell Nagy who to start ... even if Daniel is the backup.

    2) that's incredibly immature of Nagy and I hope its false.

    Just let Helfrich call the plays.


    I'm just speculating here because I can't comprehend how there would only be 7 rushing attempts.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Heís probably pissed just like the rest of Chicago that we passed on Mahomes/Watson and gave him this bust to develop into a franchise QB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #741
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,116
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Heís probably pissed just like the rest of Chicago that we passed on Mahomes/Watson and gave him this bust to develop into a franchise QB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He still needs to be professional and deal with what he has.

    Although, on the other hand, no matter who the backup is, i truly believe the quicker they permanently move on from mitch, the closer they'll be to winning a super bowl.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  7. #742
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,116
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntledbull View Post
    I really think this is a part of it. I dont think it is new either. He did weird passive aggressive stuff with the kickers during camp too. The missed field goal broke his brain and he hasnt fixed it yet.
    The way he dealed with the kickers was reaaaaaalllly ****ed up.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    57,499
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    The way he dealed with the kickers was reaaaaaalllly ****ed up.
    Well seems like it worked so far as Eddy has been pretty ****ing decent lol.

  9. #744
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    River Forest, Illinois
    Posts
    3,124
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    The way he dealed with the kickers was reaaaaaalllly ****ed up.
    It was like that movie Whiplash, but with cleats
    Broncos be like:


  10. #745
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,116
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Well seems like it worked so far as Eddy has been pretty ****ing decent lol.
    He did choose the right kicker. I'm happy about that.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  11. #746
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Heís probably pissed just like the rest of Chicago that we passed on Mahomes/Watson and gave him this bust to develop into a franchise QB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If thatís the case, he shouldnít have taken the job. He was a highly sought coordinator. He could have waited to land a job he wanted then. Heís shown he has no ability to develop a game plan that takes advantage of the opponents weaknesses. Itís the same offense every week, and it hasnít been working now for close to a full season.

    Case in point...Sean Payton called a completely different game plan with Bridgewater yesterday than he would with Brees at QB. Belichick does it every week...and then even at half time adjusts again. Nagy calls the same bull**** offense every week with 80% of calls coming out of shotgun and we simply donít have the weapons for that offense. We have below average skill players besides Robinson. People need to stop talking about Miller, Cohen and Montgomery until they actually do something which simply might never happen.

    We had a RB in Howard that proved he was effective in the right scheme, and we traded him for a 5th round pick. Payton or Belichick would have found a way to utilize Howard...similar to how Philly is right now, not trade him away for nothing. Yet our mastermind coach thought he wasnít a fit, similar to when we signed Martz and traded away Olsen.

  12. #747
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,234
    Is the O-line really that much worse this year that they canít attempt to run the ball?? Jordan Howard wasnít great last year but he managed a couple 100 yd games and some other 80-70 yd games. I just canít imagine that on back to back series where they were in 2nd and 2 situation they could find one run play to get a couple yds.

  13. #748
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    Is the O-line really that much worse this year that they canít attempt to run the ball?? Jordan Howard wasnít great last year but he managed a couple 100 yd games and some other 80-70 yd games. I just canít imagine that on back to back series where they were in 2nd and 2 situation they could find one run play to get a couple yds.
    His good games weren't until later in the year when they chanced from zbs to pbs, or vice a versa.

    But yeah...not attempting to run the ball is idiotic.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  14. #749
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    83,073
    Well guys, there's a silver lining... at least you aren't us.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team

  15. #750
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,116
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Well guys, there's a silver lining... at least you aren't us.
    At least you have a franchise quarterback

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •