Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    If Pace made a move for a QB before the deadline and admitted Trubisky was a mistake I would have a hell of a lot more respect for him. When you look at his draft history in the first 3 rounds it is terrible. He is riding the Khalil Mack trade but in the end do we know yet if that deal was really lopsided in our favor? Jacobs is looking damn good and if we stink the rest of the year and the Raiders nail a top ten pick the Mack trade would not look so lopsided anymore.

Admit the Trubisky blunder, move on now, and show the rest of the team and fans you are not sticking with your draft pick because of ego.
    Jacobs is a running back so no the trade is still lopsided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    That simply wonít happen at this point of season. Thereís just not enough games by trubisky that the GM would bail. Heís played 4 games this year. 4 games...4 games...4 games
    If only we had some opportunity to play him earlier before the season so we could see this stuff unfurl. I dunno like a "preseason" or something

I wonder what Nagy thinks about that...
    Broncos be like:

That simply wonít happen at this point of season. Thereís just not enough games by trubisky that the GM would bail. Heís played 4 games this year. 4 games...4 games...4 games
    It isnt about these 4 games. Its about the 30 or more starts of his career.

The only reason these 4 games ever come up is because an improvement is expected.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Jacobs is a running back so no the trade is still lopsided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess you missed the if we stink the rest of the year and they nail a top ten pick comment.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It isnt about these 4 games. Its about the 30 or more starts of his career.

The only reason these 4 games ever come up is because an improvement is expected.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    He was perfectly fine last year. This was going to be a huge season for Mitch, and so far he is proving that he wonít be in the teams plans if he continues playing this way, but the GM will not make that announcement after 4 games...he wonít. Thereís no current solution available for immediate or long term success. Pace should have had a better backup QB available to plug in, but like it or not, this season is going to rest on Mitchís shoulders.

He was perfectly fine last year. This was going to be a huge season for Mitch, and so far he is proving that he wonít be in the teams plans if he continues playing this way, but the GM will not make that announcement after 4 games...he wonít. Thereís no current solution available for immediate or long term success. Pace should have had a better backup QB available to plug in, but like it or not, this season is going to rest on Mitchís shoulders.
    In January of 2018 Blake Bortles and Jacksonville almost made the Super Bowl, barely losing to New England. In the summer of 2018 they signed Bortles to a $54 million dollar extension. In November of that year Bortles was benched in favor of Cody Kessler. If an organization comes into a season with real Super Bowl aspirations and the QB is a complete disaster there are examples of teams moving on, even in situations where they just signed the QB to a big money extension coming off an improved year. If there really is no hope, if the writing is on the wall and you determine the guy is not going to make it, then what exactly is the benefit of sticking with him? I donít care if Daniel is taking us nowhere, do you believe that the players on this Bears team want to stay with Trubisky or would they rather see Daniel? On a lie detector my guess is a large majority if not all would want Daniel right now. Trubisky is a bust, period. Daniel canít move but at least if a guy is open he can throw it to them. I also doubt Daniel throws a ball away intentionally on 4th down or throws it away with 40 seconds left in a half with no timeouts for either team, stopping the clock and making you punt instead of running the time out. Trubisky is not smart enough, scared, shell shocked, has no confidence, whatever you want to call it. Send a message to your team you give a **** about the season, even if Daniel is not going to make you much better.

No way do we give Trubisky another contract. Let him walk ala Kevin White and basically dare another team to take a chance on him.

Sorry. Nagy gets blame for a **** game plan, but Mitch just can't do it. I don't care if we go on a heater and by some miracle crack a wild card berth.

A new Mitch contact is a grenade with the pin loosely set in it. Not a matter of if, but when.
    Broncos be like:

I'm just stunned We didn't learn from the risks of the past

NEVER TRADE UP FOR A QB

It just kills me that Pace sat in a room with him and Watson for 6 hours and then became hellbent on nabbing Mitch, basically telling Watson he wasn't good enough to be taken at 3 overall (bad take).

I don't get it man
    Broncos be like:

The more I think about it, I just don't see how anybody makes more sense than Foles.

He's already played in the system Nagy employs. He's had Nagy as his coach. A rapport is already established. He has ushered a team through a victorious Super Bowl run not a decade ago, not five years ago - but two seasons ago, and won another playoff game against a vaunted defense literally just last year. On the road. You guys remember that one.

The Jags will absolutely move him for the right price because they lucked into what is at least a viable starting NFL QB late in the draft and they can pay him pennies for the next several years while shedding themselves of Foles' contract to spend elsewhere and reload a team around him.

Foles is practicing as of this week, comes in and because he isn't eligible to play for a few more weeks he uses those to catch up on the playbook *and* Mitch then, for better or worse, is forced to realize he's playing for his job (that's not to say I think he's lazy, I think very much the opposite, it just hasn't worked out). If Mitch suddenly starts playing well then great, we're winning, and you leave him in there for as long as that continues. But when he falters - again - or gets injured, - again - , in slides Foles. And then you decide in the off-season what you want to do with both guys for 2020 while you maybe spend a 2nd rounder on whomever you want to groom for a year behind them or whichever one you keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    In January of 2018 Blake Bortles and Jacksonville almost made the Super Bowl, barely losing to New England. In the summer of 2018 they signed Bortles to a $54 million dollar extension. In November of that year Bortles was benched in favor of Cody Kessler. If an organization comes into a season with real Super Bowl aspirations and the QB is a complete disaster there are examples of teams moving on, even in situations where they just signed the QB to a big money extension coming off an improved year. If there really is no hope, if the writing is on the wall and you determine the guy is not going to make it, then what exactly is the benefit of sticking with him? I donít care if Daniel is taking us nowhere, do you believe that the players on this Bears team want to stay with Trubisky or would they rather see Daniel? On a lie detector my guess is a large majority if not all would want Daniel right now. Trubisky is a bust, period. Daniel canít move but at least if a guy is open he can throw it to them. I also doubt Daniel throws a ball away intentionally on 4th down or throws it away with 40 seconds left in a half with no timeouts for either team, stopping the clock and making you punt instead of running the time out. Trubisky is not smart enough, scared, shell shocked, has no confidence, whatever you want to call it. Send a message to your team you give a **** about the season, even if Daniel is not going to make you much better.
    They benched Bortles after 12 games. Pace just isnít going to do this after 4 games. Trubisky isnít turning the ball over the way that Daniels does. You keep bringing up those two plays and how stupid Trubisky is, Daniels probably would have just thrown the ball up for grabs instead and been picked off..how dumb of a play did Daniels make in the Oakland game throwing the ball up to Miller, who was triple covered, and heís on 5í10Ē on second down when all we needed was 15 more yards for a tying field goal?

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    The more I think about it, I just don't see how anybody makes more sense than Foles.

He's already played in the system Nagy employs. He's had Nagy as his coach. A rapport is already established. He has ushered a team through a victorious Super Bowl run not a decade ago, not five years ago - but two seasons ago, and won another playoff game against a vaunted defense literally just last year. On the road. You guys remember that one.

The Jags will absolutely move him for the right price because they lucked into what is at least a viable starting NFL QB late in the draft and they can pay him pennies for the next several years while shedding themselves of Foles' contract to spend elsewhere and reload a team around him.

Foles is practicing as of this week, comes in and because he isn't eligible to play for a few more weeks he uses those to catch up on the playbook *and* Mitch then, for better or worse, is forced to realize he's playing for his job (that's not to say I think he's lazy, I think very much the opposite, it just hasn't worked out). If Mitch suddenly starts playing well then great, we're winning, and you leave him in there for as long as that continues. But when he falters - again - or gets injured, - again - , in slides Foles. And then you decide in the off-season what you want to do with both guys for 2020 while you maybe spend a 2nd rounder on whomever you want to groom for a year behind them or whichever one you keep.

This makes a lot of sense to me too. I just donít see the Jags taking anything less than one of our 2nd picks for him. And at this point, Iím just tired of Pace constantly trading away draft capital with little returns. Outside of Mack of course.

I don't know how some are still defending Mitchell.

We're in year 3 and the game is still too fast for him. He'll occasionally make a big time throw, but the speed of the game makes him poop himself multiple times a game, leading to drive killing mistakes. His confidence looks shot, his coaches don't seem to believe in him, and his teammates look defeated.

There's nothing to be hopeful about there. If Pace doesn't see that then he's not the man for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post

Foles has always been one of the top options for me, but I feel like they'll wait until the offseason to trade him. Probably want to know for sure what they have in Minshew.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Foles has always been one of the top options for me, but I feel like they'll wait until the offseason to trade him. Probably want to know for sure what they have in Minshew.
    I mean I don't think the Jags ever signed Nick Foles thinking "here's our franchise guy, we're competing for Super Bowls for years to come" but probably more with the mindset of "here's a guy who should be able to keep us relatively competitive with an outstanding defense for a few years while we search for the franchise QB."

So now, Minshew seems to, I think, have shown enough to fit the bill of a guy who can do that same thing, for much, much cheaper while they build up a team that is not quite the elite defensive unit they probably thought they had, even before having traded their best player.

It just makes a ton of sense on so many levels, to me.

That's all without mentioning that Pace has to be aware, *because* Mitch has busted, that it's basically fix that historic swing and miss trade-up of yours (because of Mahomes, Watson, etc) and do it immediately, get to a Super Bowl, or you're gone. Because right now 12-4 last year doesn't matter, all the good faith from the Mack acquisition doesn't matter, at the moment his entire legacy here is "you wasted consecutive Super Bowl defenses on Mitch Trubisky, and not only that but you could've had Mahomes/Watson." That's how every Bear fan thinks of him. I promise you that's what the McCaskeys think of him. And Ginny really, really wants to be buried with that ring on her finger.

Look at the leeway that Elway earned himself just in snagging a game-managing Peyton for one championship. It goes a long, long way.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't know how some are still defending Mitchell.

We're in year 3 and the game is still too fast for him. He'll occasionally make a big time throw, but the speed of the game makes him poop himself multiple times a game, leading to drive killing mistakes. His confidence looks shot, his coaches don't seem to believe in him, and his teammates look defeated.

There's nothing to be hopeful about there. If Pace doesn't see that then he's not the man for the job.
    Itís because he still gives us the best chance to win right now, and this year. No one is saying to extend him right now to a contract extension, or that he doesnít have to play better, because he does. You just canít judge him after 4 games against pretty solid defenses in which he didnít play preseason and missed a game because of injury.

Thereís no excuse to come out and run the ball 7 times in a game that Mitch is coming off of an injury. Allowing Mitch to throw 30-50 times in this game was a mistake. The game was never out of hand until the 4th quarter. Nagy was outcoached, hands down. We had a bye, against an injured team and Nagy thought that running the ball wasnít needed again.

Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast