Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    He cant complete a pass down the field and you think he is good. Shows who you are. After the TD when Allen threw the ball out of the Stadium, he was aiming for the first row.

Whatever you think, means very little. Because I can tell you that there are 3 former players who hope when he runs, when he goes down he stays down. He cant hit the long ball in practice or in the game. Even Beasley was heard calling Allen PATHETIC. You know nothing.

Against the worse team and worse defense in the league. At home, congratulations. 200 yards and needed the defense to make two huge crucial stops. and as i said, if Tre doesnt intercept that pass, Allen lost the game.
    lol You are so obviously butt hurt that this team is 5-1 and you can't post one of your nonsensical "as I said" rants about how everything went wrong and McDermott sucks. The defense did make a crucial stop, but also gave up nearly 400 yards of offense, had no measurable pass rush, and the secondary had a very mediocre game outside of Tre's big interception. This game was closer because of the defense, despite the big (should have been a) sack by Phillips and the interception at the goal line by Tre. But, a win is a win. The Dolphins beat the Super Bowl champions last year. How, where, and against who you get wins doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 10-21-2019 at 02:47 PM.

It's a win, but disappointing from a team standpoint.

Sabres has a point regarding Allen and hitting deep passes. If I'm not mistaken, he's 3/34 on passes 30 yards or more since the start of his career, and he has not hit a single one this season.

It doesn't matter now, but definitely something to improve and worth bringing up when we're talking about him being the guy long term.

No need to bash him now though, as I've been satisfied with his improvement overall.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...r8r60fv1TQhBMw

Heres a good read.

And remember what I said in the thread of predictions to start the year, Allen is our Trent Dilfer and that our DEFENSE, will win us 12 games.

A few years ago, Smoot and I debated on Tyrod a lot, with him saying, he might be good enough to get us to the playoffs, but wont be able to do anything when we get there. My debate was, give him the WR's the line, and then lets see. Well Smoodt, Allen has the WR's and Line. He is absolutely not winning these games for us. 4th qtr yards, that he is being praised for, is because his Turnovers are giving other teams the lead, so in the 4th, we pass pass pass and as the article up there points out, Josh Allen's biggest plays this year are technically no more than a 10-yard pass. A ten yard pass that went to knox, who then destroys three Cinci players running for 55 yards and then 3 1 inch shovel passes to McKenzie, who runs 60 yards up the field. Allen deserves zero credit for that. But those are his biggest plays of the year, yipee.

Everyone here calling Allen a gunslinger is a fool. A Gunslinger will throw the picks, but the Gunslinger will throw the 50 yard TD bomb, to a WR who has a chance to catch it in stride. Allen does not have that. All his TDs come within the 15 yard line in the redzone, that is it. We have one of the worse yards after catch, WHY?, because our WR's run 30 yards up the field, realize Allen cant throw, they run ten yards back, make the catch and get tackled quickly. Everyone now is giving Allen credit for that huge throw in the upper deck after the TD. What you guys dont know is he was probably aiming for the first row.
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-24-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Heres a good read.

And remember what I said in the thread of predictions to start the year, Allen is our Trent Dilfer and that our DEFENSE, will win us 12 games.

A few years ago, Smoot and I debated on Tyrod a lot, with him saying, he might be good enough to get us to the playoffs, but wont be able to do anything when we get there. My debate was, give him the WR's the line, and then lets see. Well Smoodt, Allen has the WR's and Line. He is absolutely not winning these games for us. 4th qtr yards, that he is being praised for, is because his Turnovers are giving other teams the lead, so in the 4th, we pass pass pass and as the article up there points out, Josh Allen's biggest plays this year are technically no more than a 10-yard pass. A ten yard pass that went to knox, who then destroys three Cinci players running for 55 yards and then 3 1 inch shovel passes to McKenzie, who runs 60 yards up the field. Allen deserves zero credit for that. But those are his biggest plays of the year, yipee.

Everyone here calling Allen a gunslinger is a fool. A Gunslinger will throw the picks, but the Gunslinger will throw the 50 yard TD bomb, to a WR who has a chance to catch it in stride. Allen does not have that. All his TDs come within the 15 yard line in the redzone, that is it. We have one of the worse yards after catch, WHY?, because our WR's run 30 yards up the field, realize Allen cant throw, they run ten yards back, make the catch and get tackled quickly. Everyone now is giving Allen credit for that huge throw in the upper deck after the TD. What you guys dont know is he was probably aiming for the first row.
    Tyrod had Sammy Watkins, Marquise Goodwin, Kevin Hogan, Robert Woods. Every one of those guys went on to have better numbers with other QBs and I would take that group of WRs back over John Brown and Cole Beasley. Your obsession with Allen is weird given your constant defense of an inferior QB like Tyrod.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Tyrod had Sammy Watkins, Marquise Goodwin, Kevin Hogan, Robert Woods. Every one of those guys went on to have better numbers with other QBs and I would take that group of WRs back over John Brown and Cole Beasley. Your obsession with Allen is weird given your constant defense of an inferior QB like Tyrod.
    Meanwhile brown and Beasley are headed toward career years this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Meanwhile brown and Beasley are headed toward career years this season.
    Allen has more in him than we've seen. His 4Q passer rating is the best in the NFL right now. If and when he brings those numbers from the 1st half up, we'll really see what he can do. I also think he needs to abandon the touch deep passes and starting throwing the frozen ropes down the field. He's had more success completing passes that way.

FWIW, here are Allen's 1st thru 3rd Q numbers this season:

96 for 157 (61.1%), for 1012 Yards, 3 TDs (1.9%), 7 INTs (4.5%), 6.45 YPA, 67.7 Rating, 14 sacks (1 every 12 dropbacks), 5 FUMs, 2 FL

… for a per-game average of …

16 of 26 for 169, ˝ TD, 1.2 INTs, 2.3 sacks, and nearly 1 fumble/game

That's a Bledsoe-like sack rate, for a mobile QB. That alone should scream volumes.

Say what one will, that's horrific and only better than Luke Falk's, Rosen's, and Mayfield's overall numbers. In short, it's horrific and not what franchise QBs are made up.

Two of the teams we’ve beaten are 0-13. Two others are the NY teams, Jets and Giants at 3-10. The Titans are the other, who haven’t beaten a team with a winning record yet. They beat the 1-6 Falcons, the 2-4 Chargers, and the 2-5 Browns, kinda like us. They’ve also lost to the 3-4 Jags and the 2-5 Broncos.

We have the easiest schedule we've ever had in the 16-game era. (and likely even longer)

This season is the biggest charade we've seen, worse than 2004. We've had a tremendous amount of fortune bounce our way, callit luck if you want. We didn't have that much luck in our 2004 charade-of-the-decade season.

I'm not getting involved in any of the childish name-calling and people calling people butt-hurt. if we can't discuss the team objectively and civilly, well, that's on those that can't.

As of now, it's legacy players, nothing short-term contract players (like Gore and J. Phillips), that are carrying this team. In fact, Phillips, a one-year contractd player, a cheap one, is out-playing our 9th overall draft pick.
    Last edited by Wings & Bleu; 10-27-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings & Bleu View Post
    FWIW, here are Allen's 1st thru 3rd Q numbers this season:

96 for 157 (61.1%), for 1012 Yards, 3 TDs (1.9%), 7 INTs (4.5%), 6.45 YPA, 67.7 Rating, 14 sacks (1 every 12 dropbacks), 5 FUMs, 2 FL

… for a per-game average of …

16 of 26 for 169, ˝ TD, 1.2 INTs, 2.3 sacks, and nearly 1 fumble/game

That's a Bledsoe-like sack rate, for a mobile QB. That alone should scream volumes.

Say what one will, that's horrific and only better than Luke Falk's, Rosen's, and Mayfield's overall numbers. In short, it's horrific and not what franchise QBs are made up.

Two of the teams we’ve beaten are 0-13. Two others are the NY teams, Jets and Giants at 3-10. The Titans are the other, who haven’t beaten a team with a winning record yet. They beat the 1-6 Falcons, the 2-4 Chargers, and the 2-5 Browns, kinda like us. They’ve also lost to the 3-4 Jags and the 2-5 Broncos.

We have the easiest schedule we've ever had in the 16-game era. (and likely even longer)

This season is the biggest charade we've seen, worse than 2004. We've had a tremendous amount of fortune bounce our way, callit luck if you want. We didn't have that much luck in our 2004 charade-of-the-decade season.

I'm not getting involved in any of the childish name-calling and people calling people butt-hurt. if we can't discuss the team objectively and civilly, well, that's on those that can't.

As of now, it's legacy players, nothing short-term contract players (like Gore and J. Phillips), that are carrying this team. In fact, Phillips, a one-year contractd player, a cheap one, is out-playing our 9th overall draft pick.
    You are Sabres11. I don't mean you guys think the same. I mean you're literally the same person. I don't disagree that the Bills have had an easy schedule and aren't as good as their 5-1 record but this forum honestly only needs troll posting from one account. None would be preferred but if you must, then please just pick one account.

Your a fool to think two people, with similar views, are the same person. That means everyone sitting in the Alumni suite at the game is me to, because everyone does not like Allen.

Your a fool to think two people, with similar views, are the same person. That means everyone sitting in the Alumni suite at the game is me to, because everyone does not like Allen.
    Sitting in the alumni suite. GTFO here you dork. lol

O have no doubt you don’t even know what the Alumni suite is. But google Todd Collins stats, everyone here , besides rushing, think Allen is no better.

And just google bills wall of fame. My uncle is the only non foot football player embroidered for life in the stadium. Ripper, u know nothing.
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-27-2019 at 02:40 PM.

O have no doubt you don’t even know what the Alumni suite is. But google Todd Collins stats, everyone here , besides rushing, think Allen is no better.

And just google bills wall of fame. My uncle is the only non foot football player embroidered for life in the stadium. Ripper, u know nothing.

Heres a good read.

Again, I’m not an Allen person, I just think he’s young enough and has flashed enough where we can wait before drawing a conclusion. I think I’ve been fair in pointing out the good and bad. I agreed with you in the post before this.

Tyrod wasn’t as young and didn’t possess the same tools. It was pretty safe to say he was what he was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12