Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 150
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Hammer View Post
    So is this both players first start because I do recall seeing both players getting burned pretty bad especially Jalen Mills.
    My thinking is at least they make better plays than Sidney or (to a lesser degree) Rasul. Rasul is what he is: a backup corner that can start if need be. Sidney was supposed to be THE guy.

    Mills at least competes and doesn't fake injuries after getting burned. He has a short memory. And I've always said this: Mills is MONEY in the red zone. Crevon showed flashes of playmaking last year too. Saints game comes to mind and a few others.

    That being said, I think the mindset at this point is: just make the playoffs somehow and see what you've got from your CBs (as well as your WRs). Fully expecting a soft reset at those positions come the offseason.

    "I wanna throw it 70 yards to Desean... Give the people what they want."

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,393
    Eagles need to get healthy. Itís hard to judge them otherwise. Weíve had another year of just absurd amount of injuries

    I mean. The d-line is decimated in the middle. Graham has aged. Barnett isnít doing what I thought he would. The guys behind him are just ok. And WR is decimated. Jeffrey is hurt, Jackson is out. That hurts. Thatís your two best guys.

    Corner. I was over Sidney last year, heís gone next year. Douglas was always overrated in my book. This is why I never got the hate on Jim Schwartz for starting mills. I always thought to myself maybe these guys everyone thought should replace him just arenít that good. And now people are waiting for mills to come back. Iím one of them. Is he a cornerstone? No. Do I want mills starting moving forward? No

    But right now? He may be our best option lol

    Again. They need to get healthy. I think the eagles are 2 games better if Malik and Jernigan never get hurt. Even more so than DeSean

    That really hurt our pass rush and therefore our coverage suffered even more

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    32,150
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Eagles need to get healthy. Itís hard to judge them otherwise. Weíve had another year of just absurd amount of injuries

    I mean. The d-line is decimated in the middle. Graham has aged. Barnett isnít doing what I thought he would. The guys behind him are just ok. And WR is decimated. Jeffrey is hurt, Jackson is out. That hurts. Thatís your two best guys.

    Corner. I was over Sidney last year, heís gone next year. Douglas was always overrated in my book. This is why I never got the hate on Jim Schwartz for starting mills. I always thought to myself maybe these guys everyone thought should replace him just arenít that good. And now people are waiting for mills to come back. Iím one of them. Is he a cornerstone? No. Do I want mills starting moving forward? No

    But right now? He may be our best option lol

    Again. They need to get healthy. I think the eagles are 2 games better if Malik and Jernigan never get hurt. Even more so than DeSean

    That really hurt our pass rush and therefore our coverage suffered even more
    I agree about Malik Jackson and Timmy Jernigan. Those are arguably the biggest injuries that weíve sustained because it inadvertently effects so many different things on defense

    Your baby can't do this

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,582
    https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...s-player-foles


    Whoever is talking **** about Carson to the media can go. Keep **** in house, at least. If you got a problem with Wentz, talk to him about it.

    "I wanna throw it 70 yards to Desean... Give the people what they want."

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,449
    I'm beginning to think it's Malcolm Jenkins or Alshon that's giving her the info. I don't think anyone else would go to her other than those 2. Maybe Mcloud too but it's one of those 3.

    Also I dont know if anyone else picked on this but whenever QBs on other teams get cheap shotted I see linemen running to their aid and trying to fight the defender. On Sunday when that Vikings tackle took a late cheap shot on Wentz, it was Wentz who got up and went after the guy and no one else came to his aid and I saw that and thought that's pretty sad. When Donovan or Foles got clobbered you saw guys like Kelce, Peter's go after guys but were not seeing this with our current unit.

    I'm beginning to think something is up and ***** about to go downhill fast and I hope it doesnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,449
    As for the current squad. If Howie can salvage and get Chris Harris for a 3rd and 6th and extend him for an extra year and trade for AJ Green and throw Djax in the slot mixed in with outside, we will be fine again.


    Aim for X and if the fins dont want to give him up then do the other 2 things. As for now let's just pray the bronvos lose the next 2 games and become sellers.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    32,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...s-player-foles


    Whoever is talking **** about Carson to the media can go. Keep **** in house, at least. If you got a problem with Wentz, talk to him about it.
    Kinda seems like BS to me.. Wentz is one of the few on the eagles that is actually playing with heart. I just canít believe that someone in that locker room is actually criticizing him

    Your baby can't do this

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    32,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I'm beginning to think it's Malcolm Jenkins or Alshon that's giving her the info. I don't think anyone else would go to her other than those 2. Maybe Mcloud too but it's one of those 3.

    Also I dont know if anyone else picked on this but whenever QBs on other teams get cheap shotted I see linemen running to their aid and trying to fight the defender. On Sunday when that Vikings tackle took a late cheap shot on Wentz, it was Wentz who got up and went after the guy and no one else came to his aid and I saw that and thought that's pretty sad. When Donovan or Foles got clobbered you saw guys like Kelce, Peter's go after guys but were not seeing this with our current unit.

    I'm beginning to think something is up and ***** about to go downhill fast and I hope it doesnt.
    Why do you think itís one of those 3? Jus curious..

    I did notice that the lineman donít come to wentz defense as much as I think they should though. I think lane Johnson does but besides him I think a lot of them just kinda turn the other way for whatever reason

    Your baby can't do this

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    How can you say 2 firsts for a legit lock down CB and top 5 defensive player in the league is expensive when to get someone like Patrick Peterson who is overrated in the Marcus Peter's mould would probably.be a first plus.

    X is the only other CB, I'd give a first too.

    Think about Khalil Mack, no one wanted to trade 2 firsts dor him but look at him now ever since the trade.

    Young guys elite and have tons of elite levels in them are always worthwhile to invest in.

    Larry effing Tunsil went for 2 firsts for f sakes. Imagine what we would get for Lane Johnson or Fletcher Cox.

    Ppl are forgetting we have like 2 picks from rounds 3-6 next year.

    Also as far as our cap, Jenkins is the only guy who has a contract coming up. But guys like Peter's, Kelce (probably gone within a yr or 2 to retirement) will be gone freeing up their space.

    Also Jordan Howard, I'd resign to a 2 or 3 year deal to form alongside Sanders. I'd love that two headed monster.
    I just consider two firsts a lot to spend, but I don't think it's unreasonable for a player with his talents. Looking at the roster I think there are lots of holes that will be coming up. Specifically Kelce retiring, Jenkins potentially regressing, Graham getting older, etc. I just think there's more holes on this team than we think

    I love Jordan Howard on this roster as well and want him to return. It is very concerning that it seems like our O-Line doesn't have Wentz's back. There was that play during the Vikings game where Wentz was cheap shotted and nobody besides him reacted. There was also a play in that Detroit game where Wentz got sacked because the O-Line flat out stood around doing nothing. I would love to be a fly on the wall to see what grievances there are between the anonymous player and Wentz. The fact this friction exists is going to cap the ceiling of this team

    I don't see Peterson being traded for a first rd pick since he's already 29, but I may be way wrong about that
    Last edited by abelugawhale; 10-17-2019 at 06:37 PM. Reason: add on

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    32,150

    SNF Week 7 IGT - Dallas Week

    Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    I just consider two firsts a lot to spend, but I don't think it's unreasonable for a player with his talents. Looking at the roster I think there are lots of holes that will be coming up. Specifically Kelce retiring, Jenkins potentially regressing, Graham getting older, etc. I just think there's more holes on this team than we think

    I love Jordan Howard on this roster as well and want him to return. It is very concerning that it seems like our O-Line doesn't have Wentz's back. There was that play during the Vikings game where Wentz was cheap shotted and nobody besides him reacted. There was also a play in that Detroit game where Wentz got sacked because the O-Line flat out stood around doing nothing. I would love to be a fly on the wall to see what grievances there are between the anonymous player and Wentz. The fact this friction exists is going to cap the ceiling of this team

    I don't see Peterson being traded for a first rd pick since he's already 29, but I may be way wrong about that
    I agree with most of what you are saying but just my 2 cents but I read a while back that the eagles are supposedly very high on Nate herbig as Jason kelce eventual replacement. Heís been sitting on the roster since week 1, I think because the eagles might be scared that a team will poach him off the practice squad. Whether heís a good replacement or not, who knows but we may already have Kelceís eventual replacement and not even know it yet.

    Your baby can't do this

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,449
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Why do you think itís one of those 3? Jus curious..

    I did notice that the lineman donít come to wentz defense as much as I think they should though. I think lane Johnson does but besides him I think a lot of them just kinda turn the other way for whatever reason
    Jenkins and Jeffrey are really really close with her. Don't take this as me just assuming because of their race or anything. But shes really close with those 2 in specific from our roster. I read this a while back like a year or so ago.

    Wentz must be doing something behind the scenes we don't see.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,449
    Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    I just consider two firsts a lot to spend, but I don't think it's unreasonable for a player with his talents. Looking at the roster I think there are lots of holes that will be coming up. Specifically Kelce retiring, Jenkins potentially regressing, Graham getting older, etc. I just think there's more holes on this team than we think

    I love Jordan Howard on this roster as well and want him to return. It is very concerning that it seems like our O-Line doesn't have Wentz's back. There was that play during the Vikings game where Wentz was cheap shotted and nobody besides him reacted. There was also a play in that Detroit game where Wentz got sacked because the O-Line flat out stood around doing nothing. I would love to be a fly on the wall to see what grievances there are between the anonymous player and Wentz. The fact this friction exists is going to cap the ceiling of this team

    I don't see Peterson being traded for a first rd pick since he's already 29, but I may be way wrong about that
    2 firsts is a lot to spend if ur team is rebuilding. Not when were in a good spot.

    Sure Jenkins can regress but name the last elite safeties taken in the first and look where they were taken. Sure we can get lucky like this past draft where an elite bookend level LT falls to us. But guys like Jamal Adam's etc are top 10 and foe us to get to those picks we have to give a crap ton anyways.

    24 yr old proven top 3 defensive player in the league for 2 firsts and a 4th is a no brainer.
    Centers usually aren't taken in first round anyways.

    But legit the holes on this team has been linebacking since Bradley got hurt and became **** like 5 6 years ago. CB since God knows when. Aside from that we have enough to suffice at other levels.

    Also everyones right losing Jernigan and the Jaguars tackle is killer but we still have more than enough to field a SB worthy defense if we fix that damn secondary.

    Cards wont trade PP without a first involved no chance in hell.

    Also the fins are trying to make it seem like Drake is the only one their trying to trade but I know we can get X if we just sweeten the offer. I'd include Agholor in any trade offers.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    2 firsts is a lot to spend if ur team is rebuilding. Not when were in a good spot.

    Sure Jenkins can regress but name the last elite safeties taken in the first and look where they were taken. Sure we can get lucky like this past draft where an elite bookend level LT falls to us. But guys like Jamal Adam's etc are top 10 and foe us to get to those picks we have to give a crap ton anyways.

    24 yr old proven top 3 defensive player in the league for 2 firsts and a 4th is a no brainer.
    Centers usually aren't taken in first round anyways.

    But legit the holes on this team has been linebacking since Bradley got hurt and became **** like 5 6 years ago. CB since God knows when. Aside from that we have enough to suffice at other levels.

    Also everyones right losing Jernigan and the Jaguars tackle is killer but we still have more than enough to field a SB worthy defense if we fix that damn secondary.

    Cards wont trade PP without a first involved no chance in hell.

    Also the fins are trying to make it seem like Drake is the only one their trying to trade but I know we can get X if we just sweeten the offer. I'd include Agholor in any trade offers.
    I love the positivity towards the team, right now I'm struggling a bit to see us making a playoff run right now, but I do get that Ramsey certainly would have helped that.

    I would love to have Xavien Howard on team I like that he's a young star corner. I hope the team is closer to your assessment than to my worst case scenario, because it's a hell of a better thought

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    82,927
    So this anonymous source is quoting stats? Seems fishy.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,722
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    So this anonymous source is quoting stats? Seems fishy.
    Yeah....seems like a reporter is trying to make something to write about.

    And not for nothing, but at least 2 of those ints on balls over 15 yards were at least partially on the reciever.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •