Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Isnít the whole point youíre making kind of destroyed by the fact that you said one great player makes a defense but Aaron Donald was still there and the rams were as you said a trash defense?

Itís not just one guy plain and simple. Itís football. The patriots have proved that on a yearly basis. Football is about as much a team sports as it gets. Eagles have holes everywhere on defense

I mean theyíre down to a rookie free agent at defensive tackle. Their linebackers are just not doing it at all. Safeties have both lost a step.

Graham is slower, Barnett is not playing well. Eagles need picks. They donít need one guy. They need picks. And if someone like Robby Anderson can come a tiny bit cheap and fill a need now and in the future great. But getting guys like A.J. green or Ramsey for a ton of high draft capital two parts taking up major cap room making it harder to add pieces whilst using up draft capital to also add pieces is a mess waiting to happen. The rams have done this every year and are still ringless. Probably will be again this year. I donít see the benefit of handicapping the roster for one guy

Next year theyíll have Malik back but the truth is they need more youth behind graham and on the interior. And they big time need athleticism at the second level at Lb, and at corner.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Isnít the whole point youíre making kind of destroyed by the fact that you said one great player makes a defense but Aaron Donald was still there and the rams were as you said a trash defense?

Itís not just one guy plain and simple. Itís football. The patriots have proved that on a yearly basis. Football is about as much a team sports as it gets. Eagles have holes everywhere on defense

I mean theyíre down to a rookie free agent at defensive tackle. Their linebackers are just not doing it at all. Safeties have both lost a step.

Graham is slower, Barnett is not playing well. Eagles need picks. They donít need one guy. They need picks. And if someone like Robby Anderson can come a tiny bit cheap and fill a need now and in the future great. But getting guys like A.J. green or Ramsey for a ton of high draft capital two parts taking up major cap room making it harder to add pieces whilst using up draft capital to also add pieces is a mess waiting to happen. The rams have done this every year and are still ringless. Probably will be again this year. I donít see the benefit of handicapping the roster for one guy

Next year theyíll have Malik back but the truth is they need more youth behind graham and on the interior. And they big time need athleticism at the second level at Lb, and at corner.
    Very well said.

i was ok passing on 2 firsts for Ramsey however you have to understand that bringing in a player of Ramseys caliber changes the tone in the locker room, its brings energy and excitement. You just saw it with the Rams this past weekend, he gave them a much needed jolt and guys stepped up their game. he would go along way in helping this defense not suck. Howie has to think longterm though and the fact that Ramsey is looking to get paid so you run the risk of only getting a little over a season and a half out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i was ok passing on 2 firsts for Ramsey however you have to understand that bringing in a player of Ramseys caliber changes the tone in the locker room, its brings energy and excitement. You just saw it with the Rams this past weekend, he gave them a much needed jolt and guys stepped up their game. he would go along way in helping this defense not suck. Howie has to think longterm though and the fact that Ramsey is looking to get paid so you run the risk of only getting a little over a season and a half out of him.
    Or they look at him for quitting on his team because he didnít get what he wanted...

stop it. no one cares about the situation in Jacksonville, it has no relevance. he wasnt known as a locker room cancer. he didnt quit on his team, he explained what sparked the trade request and it was over how he was being used.

stop it. no one cares about the situation in Jacksonville, it has no relevance. he wasnt known as a locker room cancer. he didnt quit on his team, he explained what sparked the trade request and it was over how he was being used.
    He quit. Faked injuries.

I wanted Ramsey but Iím over it. Time to move on to the next big thing that probably wonít happen

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    He quit. Faked injuries.
    he didnt quit, he played. no idea if he was really hurt or not but we also dont know if it was after the team told him they would work out a trade and let him preserve health. You want a player who quit on his team? look no further than ya boy Nelson.

he didnt quit, he played. no idea if he was really hurt or not but we also dont know if it was after the team told him they would work out a trade and let him preserve health. You want a player who quit on his team? look no further than ya boy Nelson.
    Lol, ok. He was mad, demanded trade, quit playing, fakes injury, miraculously healed after the trade. All Iím saying is you donít know how a guy like Jenkins, who also wants paid but didnít hold out, would view him.

You act as though Donald and Mack are the only pieces on their respective teams. Those defenses are pretty stacked throughout. Ramsey helps, but fixes nothing in the grand scheme of things. Too many holes elsewhere.
    They are. How many sacks.and how disruptive was Donald last year? I bet you can't even name 3 other guys on their defense last year without looking.
    As for Mack, they became a top 3 defense once they got Mack. If it's the pieces then why weren't they near the top 5 without him?
    How atrocious does our defense look whenever Cox has to leave for a period of time the past couple Yeats when we had depth?

Yes one player can elevate a unit.
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post

I'm not disagreeing with you on the holes we have. Yes we need 2 safeties, yes we need one damn good linebacker and I've been vouching for this since Stewart Bradley years. Yes we need help on dline this year because of unexpected injuries to 3 guys.

But what your not getting is trading 2 firats and a 4th or whatever it was isn't stopping you from filling those holes.

Aside from Ramsey you do know all the elite CBs in this league like Harris, Slay, Rhodes were not taken in first round right. You also do know premier safeties are either found in top 10 or FA right. First rounds are meant for bookend tackles and your franchise QB predominantly. The rest is all based on how good your drafting is.

Point blank and simple we shouldve gone all in on him.

Also AJ Green is not costing you a arm and a leg, the guys coming of continuous injury plagued years and is a FA. If he goes for a first I'll be astonished.

Also the Rams started going all in starting last year and guess what, they made the SB. They didn't win but clearly their risk almost paid dividends.
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Lol, ok. He was mad, demanded trade, quit playing, fakes injury, miraculously healed after the trade. All Iím saying is you donít know how a guy like Jenkins, who also wants paid but didnít hold out, would view him.
    he didnt even hold out. he played. What do you think could ignite the locker room and defense more the return of Mills and Darby or adding the best CB in the game? come on, man. I agreed with passing on the trade but to try to downplay the impact a player this good can have is insane. you defend NA who is terrible but didnt want Ramsey bcuz he asked for a trade lol thats amazing.

he didnt even hold out. he played. What do you think could ignite the locker room and defense more the return of Mills and Darby or adding the best CB in the game? come on, man. I agreed with passing on the trade but to try to downplay the impact a player this good can have is insane. you defend NA who is terrible but didnt want Ramsey bcuz he asked for a trade lol thats amazing.
    Who said I didnít want him? He missed 4 games with fake injuries, what do you mean he played? You said he gave the rams a jolt, I offered a scenario where some players may not have felt the same positive way. Nobody is debating the talent.

you make no sense and have an excuse for everything. you think Jenkins doesnt want help out there? You even said he chose not to hold out so you really think he cares about another players prior situation? If Chris Harris decides to sit out this week and we trade for him are you gonna be against it? Elite talent motivates players, Ramsey wouldve brought that like we saw with the Rams. hopefully some moves for players ho are angles are coming.

you make no sense and have an excuse for everything. you think Jenkins doesnt want help out there? You even said he chose not to hold out so you really think he cares about another players prior situation? If Chris Harris decides to sit out this week and we trade for him are you gonna be against it? Elite talent motivates players, Ramsey wouldve brought that like we saw with the Rams. hopefully some moves for players ho are angles are coming.
    Itís hard to have a discussion with you if you chose to ignore whatís actually my opinion, whatís a hypothetical in general, and whatís being made up on your end. No excuse, youíre just purposefully being very obtuse for some reason. Iíll type slow, it might help.

I wanted Ramsey.
    Ramsey is elite.
    I didnít want Ramsey for THAT price.
    Ramsey wouldnít fix all the needs but would have used up a lot of future draft capital.
    I questioned how a guy like Jenkins would take Ramseyís decision to quit on his team and force a trade.

Now, you have no idea how the eagles locker room would respond. Thatís your opinion. I never claimed they wouldnít, I just suggested what could also occur. Thatís not my opinion, rather a thought.

Anyways, we can move on. Ramsey isnít here, and for that price, I couldnt be more thrilled, but thatís not ignoring how talented he is.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910