Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    What’s that have to do with it?
    Historical accuracy of the ability to assess the talent level of players seems pretty important when discussing the talent level of players.

As far as WR2/WR3/TE1 the Falcons have one of the best supporting casts in the league.
    Dak: 12,999 @ 66.7%, 7.6 per att, 79 TD, 32 INT
    Wentz: 11,801 @ 63.4%, 7.0 per att, 83 TD, 32 INT

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

The Falcons haven’t sacked an opposing quarterback in a month.

How can you not even fire the DC or something? Man.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    The Falcons haven’t sacked an opposing quarterback in a month.

How can you not even fire the DC or something? Man.
    Doesnt Quinn have a heavy hand in DC duties? I doubt he'll fire himself.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I thought they at least had a token DC even if Quinn was calling the plays, but upon review, I guess not.

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I thought they at least had a token DC even if Quinn was calling the plays, but upon review, I guess not.
    It probably doesn't matter honestly. Their pass rushers are one trick ponies who have to win at the start of the play. If they can't speed by the OT they're basically out of the play.

Sounds like Quinn is in the same boat Jay Gruden was- too prideful in his playcalling to give it up. The coach should be the CEO, and delegate those things.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Sounds like Quinn is in the same boat Jay Gruden was- too prideful in his playcalling to give it up. The coach should be the CEO, and delegate those things.
    He used to have a DC and had to fire him after the defense was terrible and they lost the SB. He just couldn't find another one after that. Didn't seem like he wanted to be taking on that role as much as he had to.

-Scott van Pelt

I disagree. If a coach wants to be the CEO and delegate those things, then fine. But in many cases, the coach got to where he's at because of his proficiency as a coordinator/play caller. Taking that away is often times taking away the coach's greatest strength.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I disagree. If a coach wants to be the CEO and delegate those things, then fine. But in many cases, the coach got to where he's at because of his proficiency as a coordinator/play caller. Taking that away is often times taking away the coach's greatest strength.
    Tbf Quinn got to where he was with the easiest DC gig of all time. "Uhhh yeah, LoB, let's run cover 3... again." He was running an even simpler version of Gus Bradley's simple defense and doing it with unique/ elite secondary play.

Tbf Quinn got to where he was with the easiest DC gig of all time. "Uhhh yeah, LoB, let's run cover 3... again." He was running an even simpler version of Gus Bradley's simple defense and doing it with unique/ elite secondary play.
    I should have been more clear. Was more disagreeing with the premise that the head coach should be the CEO and should always delegate play calling than anything with Quinn specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Sure, but how is it working out for Gruden? Or Quinn? Rarely does a coach calling their own plays work out, especially if they are further involved with the weekly gameplanning/scheming as Gruden was. I'm not sure on Quinn's involvement on that front though.

Falcons will evaluate Quinn's job over the bye week- https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tatus-bye-week

Sure, but how is it working out for Gruden? Or Quinn? Rarely does a coach calling their own plays work out, especially if they are further involved with the weekly gameplanning/scheming as Gruden was. I'm not sure on Quinn's involvement on that front though.
    Bellichek is calling defensive plays this year for new england I think. Sean Payton, Sean mcvay, Kyle shannahan, Andy Reid, Doug Pedersen, frank Reich, and Matt lafluer all call offensive plays I beleive. I think Sean McDermott over took the bills defensive play calling last year. Not sure if he's still doing it but would assume he is. Of the teams who have been good in the last few years, I think it's mainly Tomlin, harbaugh, Garrett and Carroll are really the main ones who don't call plays on one side of the ball.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12