Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Great game, great win. Divisional road win against a good Detroit team. A team that they feel should have beat KC and set the blueprint. A team that should have beat GB and a team that had a 17 point lead on AZ. Any road game no matter the team is tough but this was a big game given our 0-2 start in division.

Kirk played great, OL played great, TE's stepped up when we needed, Diggs played big but had a few miscues that he needs to clean up. Left a TD on the table it looked like then we missed the FG. In the past that would have came back to haunt us and probably been the reason for the loss. But we stepped up and made plays when we needed to.

Stefanski is really in a groove right now and we are probably playing better than anyone in the league. Let's keep it up and put the hammer down early on Washington. Let's not turn this into another Buffalo game which I feel is impossible but you just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    O'Neill has yet to give up a sack in his career!!!! You can tell he got so much stronger from last year and that will continue to improve and he will just keep getting better. I feel like this OL is starting to play with a bit of nastiness and I'm all here for it!!
    Remember when everybody was mad we took O'Neill? Good times.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Since the Vikings laid their egg in Chicago:
    Bears 0-2 and seeming fading, with a tougher schedule left to finish the season
    Vikings 3-0 and seemingly figuring things out, with Cousins making 'history' (1st ever to pass for 300+ with a rating over 130 3 games in a row...I said 'history' because ratings haven't always been there)

there were people mad we took O'Neill? only thing I thought was undersized at the time....but if you look at the board, even in hindsight that was the best pick we could've made
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

offense great game, defense........... ISH. The D has got to clean it up. I thought it was going to be the opposite with the O struggling and our D kinda carrying us.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Since the Vikings laid their egg in Chicago:
    Bears 0-2 and seeming fading, with a tougher schedule left to finish the season
    Vikings 3-0 and seemingly figuring things out, with Cousins making 'history' (1st ever to pass for 300+ with a rating over 130 3 games in a row...I said 'history' because ratings haven't always been there)

there were people mad we took O'Neill? only thing I thought was undersized at the time....but if you look at the board, even in hindsight that was the best pick we could've made
    This was mostly the twitter warriors. Most didn't even know who O'Neill was at the time and were even more angry when they learned he wasn't going to be ready to start week 1. Everybody on here was of course smart enough to see his upside
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Remember when everybody was mad we took O'Neill? Good times.
    I don't remember my specific reaction, but wasn't everyone happy we went OL? I could see people being upset we didn't go OL in the first, but don't remember anyone being mad we got one in the second.

No I think people were pissed off that we passed on Will Hernandez and then took O'Neill who many, including myself, had not heard of. On top of that many thought it was a bit of a reach because guys who we thought would be available started to fly off the board. Thought it would take time to develop but he has developed faster and better than I expected. He's a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    No I think people were pissed off that we passed on Will Hernandez and then took O'Neill who many, including myself, had not heard of. On top of that many thought it was a bit of a reach because guys who we thought would be available started to fly off the board. Thought it would take time to develop but he has developed faster and better than I expected. He's a stud.
    Yup this is right. I remember when reports came out that OíNeill wonít be ready right away everyone was furious we didnít come out of the draft with a starter. Now OíNeill is a stud and Hughes has had some good moments. Really optimistic about both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :

yes, we could have Will Hernandez and Carlton Davis instead.....so still weak in at least one OL slot and weaker than we are now at corner....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I wonder if they have ever thought about moving O'Neill to LT in the future or just "Lane Johnson" him and keep him at RT. Kind of a don't mess with a good thing deal. Though him being on the left and playing the same way he has.. He would be what Matt Kalil was suppose to be.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I wonder if they have ever thought about moving O'Neill to LT in the future or just "Lane Johnson" him and keep him at RT. Kind of a don't mess with a good thing deal. Though him being on the left and playing the same way he has.. He would be what Matt Kalil was suppose to be.
    He's playing really good right now and I say don't mess with it. Seems like we've screwed over a few linemen by trying to move them around and it rarely works out. A great RT is better than an average LT.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I think this was brought up either on Twitter or a podcast and whoever it was agreed that they should keep him on the right side where he has a chance to be the best RT in the league.

With the way DCís scheme their star pass rushers around and with how many good pass rushers there are in the league today the important of your LT vs RT is basically now the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Ya I pretty much agree. Defenses are certainly moving guys around a lot more than in the past. Keep him at RT and see how good he can become

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567