Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'll go Idorizzi or Wheeler.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Mookie

UOTE=papirico52;33232655]I'll go Idorizzi or Wheeler.[/QUOTE]

Definitely need pitching but dream a little. Don't follow the AL, can Mookie still play CF, I know they have JBJ. Read Boston with new thrifty GM from Rays may try to get below threshold. Have 80M tied up in 3 injured pitchers: Sale, Price and Evoldi (sp). Would you offer Bohm, Hasely, the Lakewood Pitcher #6 prospect and any other pitcher in the system not name Nola , Howard or possibly Neris. Take back Mookie and Price, hope he can contribute and sign Mike M to play 3rd. I think Mookie is 27. Eases Sox $$$ problems. Thinking Mookie at 12 for 300 (25AAV), Price (ugh - maybe Sox take back some of the $$$ to get rid of Price), Moose 2 at 30. That may be all you can do, lots of 12 - 10 games. If there is stupid $$ to spend 5 at 110 for Wheeler. Leaves BP void. Just a though for a gorgeous day here in FL.

Well, Odorizzi is a no go right now, the Twins extended a QO to him, so he could cost a second rounder.

The thing with Mookie is that you are gonna have to trade the whole farm and then sign him to a huge deal similar to what Harper got, which is not ideal to have that much cap space to a couple of players and I like JBJ but he could be released and could cost nothing but a bench type deal.

I like Moose as well, he could be a good target.
    Last edited by papirico52; 11-07-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Mookie

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Well, Odorizzi is a no go right now, the Twins extended a QO to him, so he could cost a second rounder.

The thing with Mookie is that you are gonna have to trade the whole farm and then sign him to a huge deal similar to what Harper got, which is not ideal to have that much cap space to a couple of players and I like JBJ but he could be released and could cost nothing but a bench type deal.

I like Moose as well, he could be a good target.
    Not suggesting they acquire JBJ, he can't hit but is a wonderful CFer, was wondering if Mookie can still play CF. The Phillies, themselves have a weak farm but the Red Sox are worse. Appears Sox want to get rid of money and Mookie needs to be re-uped by someone after next season. Trading your #1 and #6 prospects along with a 40 man roster pitcher, not Nola, Howard (not sure if he is the 40 man) or Neris plus Haseley who may develop into a player like the Red Sox current LFer. BTW did not watch any Clearwater games last year, Bohm was already at Reading when they came to town.

Bohm looks legit 🙂

Coil (Hamels) wants to return!!! 😍😍😍

I think we end up with 2 of the following pitchers, Hamels, Wheeler, Bumgarner, & Strasburg. With a run a Cole. I look for them to offer Rendon and have Harper talk to him about coming to Philly.

Doubt Rendon happens TBH.

Strasburg and Cole may not even sign with a team until February. If the Phillies wait for one of them they may lose out on getting pitching.

Sign Wheeler and one of Bumgarner/Keuchel

In a perfect world the Phils get Cole/Wheeler. Just saying.

Rendon is not coming here and Betts would cost too much in a trade then we have to sign him to a huge deal. I think very highly of both Rendon and Betts and want them here but it doesn't make sense. The Phillies MUST prioritize pitching this winter.

Rumored to be going after Lindor, doesn't make any sense unless Segura is going the other way or Segura is moved to 2b and Hernandez walks. Also linked to Donaldson, short term hold until Bohm is ready. Hopefully they get Kingery back at 2b and let him there. But need at least 2 starting out pitchers this off season.

Howard headlines a deal for Lindor. I donít want to move Howard for anyone. I think he is that good. Free agency has been ruined by the waiting game. The need a hard deadline to speed things up.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Eeesh, Howard might be our only chance at an ace we could get in a while with out trading the farm or shelling out 250 mill to Cole.

I'm sure Lindor would be great here but pitching is a need, the line up just needs better coaching and a couple of players.

If you feel you can sign Lindor long term, I'd trade Howard for him in a heartbeat. He is a 25-year-old superstar SS. Howard has elite stuff but if I am getting a young elite player back, I'm good with it. Outside of a young franchise player though, I'm not dealing Howard or Bohm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast