Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Yeah, plus everyone knows the Rockies are not going anywhere and Nolan wants to be in a competitive team, they have little leverage.

I think it could be done with Bohm and Kings and Haseley, however I'm a bit worried, in a small sample size Haseley produced decent war, what could he do in a full season and Kingery was second in WAR regarding our team.
    I wouldn't say little leverage, he still has two years before he can opt-out and there is no guarantee he opts out. He signed the contract less than a year ago, so it's not a reach that he wants to stay there for the long haul. I still believe the Rockies are looking for a haul for him and if they don't get him, they will keep him until the deadline/next offseason.

One thing that's surprising is I haven't heard any other big names floated out outside of small rumors they don't hold much water. No Blackmon, Story, Marquez in trade rumors. You'd think if they were blowing it all up they'd want to deal those guys.

Phillies released Odubel Herrera. Iím happy.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/01/1...ffseason-ever/

Check this piece from the Denver Post, it really gives you a feel of the Rockies offseason, they give Nolan a 50/50 chance of getting traded.

Also a good tidbit about a TV deal they are expecting next year.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/01/1...ffseason-ever/

Check this piece from the Denver Post, it really gives you a feel of the Rockies offseason, they give Nolan a 50/50 chance of getting traded.

Also a good tidbit about a TV deal they are expecting next year.
    It seems like a paid article, so I am unable to read it. Even if they want to trade him, it takes two teams to tango and it will take a lot to get a player of his caliber. If a team is willing to give up top tier prospects and major league ready talent, they would deal him. If they don't get the return they want, I doubt they deal him to get him off their books. Holding him for another year or two isn't out of the question if it was he would have been dealt away already.

Naah it's free, I don't feel like paying for news.

I think the Rockies felt they could be competitive last year and get into the playoffs, alas they were in fourth place, I think that Arenado signed with them because he felt they were young and inminent title contenders, last year they found out they weren't even playoff caliber. That IMO completely subjetive, has motivated Nolan to ask for a trade, The Rockies being bad was the whole reason of the opt out clause.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Naah it's free, I don't feel like paying for news.

I think the Rockies felt they could be competitive last year and get into the playoffs, alas they were in fourth place, I think that Arenado signed with them because he felt they were young and inminent title contenders, last year they found out they weren't even playoff caliber. That IMO completely subjetive, has motivated Nolan to ask for a trade, The Rockies being bad was the whole reason of the opt out clause.
    The article is asking for me to sign up for a subscription, so I guess I've read too many articles on that website.

Unless Nolan asked for a trade request (which hasn't come out so you have to assume he hasn't) they won't be taking under market value for him. If the Rockies get his value on the market, they will entertain dealing him. I just question if they will actually get that market value for him because the teams in the running for him also have to move money around to make it work (plus give up high level prospects). Its hard to deal a big contract like that without some of the big market teams not really involved (Boston, Yankees, Dodgers, Angels).

Yup, that's the other side of the coin, I'm just saying there is a chance they deal him for under the value.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Yup, that's the other side of the coin, I'm just saying there is a chance they deal him for under the value.
    But why when he isn't a free agent until 2021 and hasn't demanded a trade? If they aren't getting value why not wait until midseason or next offseason? It makes horrible business sense to deal a guy below your value when you don't necessarily have too. This isn't an average all-star here either, it's a generational talent. Might as well wait because there is a chance more teams will enter the mix at mid-season or next offseason.

I love for Nolan Arenado to be here but what realistic offer can the Phillies make? I just think the Dodgers have better prospects they can offer for Arenado unless the Phillies or another team overpaid. He is the best 3rd baseman in baseball IMO.

dodgers/yanks farns are always overrated as hell so yea they have more to offer... i think we are gonna surprise people this year.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112