Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Yeah I think they are keeping distance from soft tossing pitchers given that it took a while for them to move on from that philosophy.

Betances could be available to us, he wants 10 mill in a 1 year deal, this will take us to the luxury tax, if we get Betances we might as well spend a bit more in another player, maybe not a free agent, maybe J.T.'s extension.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Now that the DBacks sign MadBum maybe they are willing to trade lefty Robbie Ray. I like him. He's 28 and has 1 year left before he hit free agency.

Nola
    Wheeler
    Ray

I wouldn't give up a lot for Ray, assuming he is available which I would guess he's not even with the MadBum signing. The guy is wildly inconsistent and always injured. He'd be an upgrade though, so we will see.

I would love Robbie Ray, but IDK if the Dbacks are rebuilding or what? they hinted at trading Ketel Marte and now they are signing Bumgarner, I think they might keep Ray if they are building up for a playoff run.

I'm asking Santa for the Phils to trade for Robbie Ray or Nolan Arenado.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I'm asking Santa for the Phils to trade for Robbie Ray or Nolan Arenado.
    How disappointed are you there is no more stupid $$$, Middleton should be embarrassed? Switching sports, the downfall of the Flyers was the cap, Ed Snider loved his Flyers and would have bought anyone, not always the correct anyone but the effort was there. Snider was the Steinbrenner of Hockey. Produce a winning team and you will get sellouts, look at the winning years before and after the championship, how many consecutive sell outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Psulongago View Post
    How disappointed are you there is no more stupid $$$, Middleton should be embarrassed? Switching sports, the downfall of the Flyers was the cap, Ed Snider loved his Flyers and would have bought anyone, not always the correct anyone but the effort was there. Snider was the Steinbrenner of Hockey. Produce a winning team and you will get sellouts, look at the winning years before and after the championship, how many consecutive sell outs.
    The fact that they have so much money coming off the books next year makes it bad too. They could have paid the tax this year and easily gotten under it next year with Arrieta, Robertson, Bruce, and Didi coming off the books.

Yeah this year seems like another waste. Ugh. Wheeler and Didi alone do nothing for me. They needed some BP pieces bad and another SP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

They are betting on guys breaking out, optimistic strategy to say the least.

Guys primed for breakout year:

- Zach Eflin.
    - Vince Velasquez.
    - Nick Pivetta.
    - Scott Kingery.
    - Hoskins.
    - Haseley.

Seems like if all of that goes according to plan we might win the NL east, but things seldom go our way I think they are going all out with the team they came out with, if this fails perhaps a rebuild is in order, always keeping Harper as a central figure.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Yeah this year seems like another waste. Ugh. Wheeler and Didi alone do nothing for me. They needed some BP pieces bad and another SP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im with you here. Its the 95 Gregg Jeffries/Paul Quantrill signings all over again.
    Last edited by thefeckcampaign; 01-10-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Id love to get in inn the Arenado trade front. Bohm, Medina, moniak, segura?
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Id love to get in inn the Arenado trade front. Bohm, Medina, moniak, segura?
    I'm guessing Colorado would want 2 of Bohm/Howard/Kingery to at least start the conversation.

While I think it's still unlikely that he gets dealt with because of how much they want for him and the fact that they aren't desperate yet, it is possible.

Put Haseley in stead of Howard and we are good.

Bohm/Kingery/Haseley plus another few pieces would probably be a very good offer. I'd say Medina would probably be included if they really want a pitcher.

Yeah, plus everyone knows the Rockies are not going anywhere and Nolan wants to be in a competitive team, they have little leverage.

I think it could be done with Bohm and Kings and Haseley, however I'm a bit worried, in a small sample size Haseley produced decent war, what could he do in a full season and Kingery was second in WAR regarding our team.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast