Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    I know Kris Bryant and Harper are friends and it would be awesome to acquire him in a trade but IF this team is willing to go over te luxury tax Nolan Arenado is the player I want. I prefer Arenado over Rendon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I know Kris Bryant and Harper are friends and it would be awesome to acquire him in a trade but IF this team is willing to go over te luxury tax Nolan Arenado is the player I want. I prefer Arenado over Rendon.
    that isnt possible...we dont have the prospects lol. The only reason KB is possible is because the cubs want to shed salary.

Arenado just got an extension last offseason, he isn't getting traded.

Arenado just got an extension last offseason, he isn't getting traded.

There are reports that the Rockies are willing to trade him. He has 7/230M remaining. Its a 'dream' I know LOL.

I read the Rockies are going to full rebuild mode, extending Arenado last season was to ensure a return or the option to keep him if the team does well, plus his deal doesn't look crazy as oppose to what's been given this year.

There are a few players each offseason that get floated in trade rumors that have a very very small chance of getting dealt, Arenado is one of them. No reason to deal him unless they get one of the best trade packages ever for him.

It sucks that the Phils couldn't get Kluber from the Tribe. Seems odd that the Rangers gave up 'peanuts' for Kluber?

Bumgarner 5 year $85 million only......

It sucks that the Phils couldn't get Kluber from the Tribe. Seems odd that the Rangers gave up 'peanuts' for Kluber?
    I hope they looked into this one because when Kluber is healthy he is a top tier pitcher. A staff starting with Nola/Kluber/Wheeler would have been very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Bumgarner 5 year $85 million only......
    He wanted to land in AZ, so it probably would have taken more to get him, maybe around $100 million.

I agree, I hope they are working on something, perhaps a lefty.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    He wanted to land in AZ, so it probably would have taken more to get him, maybe around $100 million.
    Yeah, seems like he wanted to go there from the start. What's left out there as a FA or someone to trade for that is a SP lefty?

Keuchel on a 1 yr deal. Do it!
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Keuchel could go for something like 13-15 mill AAV, which would surpass the cap limit, if a move like that happens, there is no reason to take full advantage of the new cap space and go for someone expensive like Bryant or Arenado even after grabbing Keuchel.

If Middleton is willing to pay a few mills as penalty as well.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

If the Phillies weren't interested in Keuchel last year so I doubt they'd be interested in him now. I know there isn't a draft pick attached anymore but they showed no interested after the draft when they were in the thick of things. Unless Middleton wants him, I highly doubt they get him.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast