Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    in a perfect world id rather go for rendon over cole/stra and just use bohm plus to get us minor from the rangers... Having 2 injuries concerns in stras and wheeler is risky as hell. Cole is gonna get well over 200 million and i am not a fan of giving a pitcher that much when we can give rendon that much to play everyday

^^^this although at some point we need young cheap talent to come up
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Obviously having past injuries isn't good for Wheeler but to spin it, he doesn't have a massive amount of innings of his plate. The staff will be a big factor with Wheeler in regards to him hitting his potential.

As far as any other signings, I doubt we get one of the top major names (Strasburg, Cole, Rendon), I just don't believe we go over that luxury tax (which pisses me off a little bit). Even if we did sign Rendon, there is no way I'd trade Bohm for Minor, an older pitcher who has never had elite success. If I am dealing with my top prospect who is highly regarded, I am only trading him for an ace level older pitcher or a younger pitcher who hasn't hit his ceiling yet.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    in a perfect world id rather go for rendon over cole/stra and just use bohm plus to get us minor from the rangers... Having 2 injuries concerns in stras and wheeler is risky as hell. Cole is gonna get well over 200 million and i am not a fan of giving a pitcher that much when we can give rendon that much to play everyday
    This would be a terrible idea - trading Bohm for
    Minor.

As pp123 said, you need some young cheap controlled talent. He and Howard are guys to keep and Minor, while good, is old and doesn’t have the cleanest of health.

I’m all for making trades IF it gets a guy relatively cheap and young.

We need those cheap talents too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I agree with KJ, there is no way in hell I trade Bohm for Minor, Minor is 31 years old and has his share of injuries in the past, so he is not risk free in that regard.

Regarding cheap talent coming up, Howard should see the majors next year and Connor Seabold has looked as good as Howard in the AFL.

My Rotation for mid 2020 would be:

1- Nola.
    2- Wheels
    3- Howard.
    4- Arrieta
    5- Eflin.

also having Pivetta or Velasquez in the long relief role and a ocassional spot start there could be good enough, Price has to do a better job with our young talent, and Arrieta should be motivated to entice other clubs, so he should be motivated.

Having said that I would love to get a project guy like Aaron Sanchez or like what Seattle got with Bundy.
    Last edited by papirico52; 12-05-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I can see Segura moving to 2B or 3B, hopefully 3B and Kingery is moved to 2B. Need a backup catcher. Gregorius will probably end up here and play SS. McCutchen will be back to play LF and you have Haseley, Williams, and Quinn to battle for CF or try to sign someone. Then go get 2 pitchers. Cole, Strasburg, Wheeler, Bumgarner, or Hamels.
    They gave Knapp a 1 year deal worth $710,000.

I want bullpen help and Rendon.

Official Phillies 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I agree with KJ, there is no way in hell I trade Bohm for Minor, Minor is 31 years old and has his share of injuries in the past, so he is not risk free in that regard.

Regarding cheap talent coming up, Howard should see the majors next year and Connor Seabold has looked as good as Howard in the AFL.

My Rotation for mid 2020 would be:

1- Nola.
    2- Wheels
    3- Howard.
    4- Arrieta
    5- Eflin.

also having Pivetta or Velasquez in the long relief role and a ocassional spot start there could be good enough, Price has to do a better job with our young talent, and Arrieta should be motivated to entice other clubs, so he should be motivated.

Having said that I would love to get a project guy like Aaron Sanchez or like what Seattle got with Bundy.
    Yeah. I’d like to look at project pitchers who could be youthful. We could wind up with our own Minor.

Angels got Bundy [emoji854]

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Go look at guys like Walker, Wood, Wacha. Maybe cheap one year deals to get themselves back.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    This would be a terrible idea - trading Bohm for
    Minor.

As pp123 said, you need some young cheap controlled talent. He and Howard are guys to keep and Minor, while good, is old and doesn’t have the cleanest of health.

I’m all for making trades IF it gets a guy relatively cheap and young.

We need those cheap talents too.

there would be no place for bohm to play if we got a rendon... i didnt mean minor himself but a damn good starter now that bohm would be expendable.

I'd keep Bohm even if you sign Rendon (I don't even see them offering him a contract). Which Hoskins is the real one? Might need Bohm to play 1B if Hoskins has another year like this past one.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    They gave Knapp a 1 year deal worth $710,000.

I want bullpen help and Rendon.
    With the rosters expanding to 26 players most teams are gonna be looking into the season with 3 catchers.

Remember Knapp has good pitch framing and has a good relationship with most of our pitchers since he came up in the minors with them, still I think we are gonna be looking for another catcher, I like Grullón TBH.

I'd keep Bohm even if you sign Rendon (I don't even see them offering him a contract). Which Hoskins is the real one? Might need Bohm to play 1B if Hoskins has another year like this past one.
    I want to keep Bohm for sure, he could fill in if Rhys ***** the bed and there is no hurry to rush him, I highly doubt we get Rendon, or are we even in that market?

Klentak did mentioned that they are taking Bohm into account for the big club in 2020.
    Last edited by papirico52; 12-06-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    With the rosters expanding to 26 players most teams are gonna be looking into the season with 3 catchers.

Remember Knapp has good pitch framing and has a good relationship with most of our pitchers since he came up in the minors with them, still I think we are gonna be looking for another catcher, I like Grullón TBH.

I want to keep Bohm for sure, he could fill in if Rhys ***** the bed and there is no hurry to rush him, I highly doubt we get Rendon, or are we even in that market?

Klentak did mentioned that they are taking Bohm into account for the big club in 2020.
    I thought the point of the expanded rosters was to carry more pitchers because these teams are plowing through them.

Yup. I love Rhys but concerned if last year was his true self. Bohm could switch to 1st then or he could be LF down the line.

I DO NOT want to fall into what happened after 2008. Winning is nice but winning with sustainability and a constant influx of talent is great. No long term aging strapped cash. Keep pieces as depth.

Also, as much as Kingery isn’t the ideal SS, you could flip Segura, move Kingery to SS, Rendon back to 2B, and then Bohm to 3B.

Looks like the Phils are not afraid to go over the luxury tax. They plan to target Cole, Strasburg, or Rendon.

I said when the season ends that this team NEEDS two starting pitchers. Get me Cole or Strasburg

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast