Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 194 of 194
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,348
    People complain about minor league deals. Some of these moves can make or break a season. Low risk rolls of the dice
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee


    Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,348
    Sitting here wondering why klentek doesnít enter race for betts. He is a guy you can justify exceeding tax for. Pitching isnít good enough but bats could pound them into the playoffs
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee


    Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16,310
    Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Sitting here wondering why klentek doesnít enter race for betts. He is a guy you can justify exceeding tax for. Pitching isnít good enough but bats could pound them into the playoffs
    They are so deadset on not exceeding that tax. There have been three major names thrown out as trade candidates (Arenado, Bryant, and Betts) and there have only been minor rumors (nothing concrete from major outlets) sayings the Phillies are players for any of those guys. I guess they want to get the money off the books next offseason and make a big splash at that point. I wish they would just suck it up and go in and over the tax for a season. Its bad when you say "stupid money" and follow that up the next season and have a spending limit.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,348
    They will fill the stands with a winner
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee


    Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16,310
    Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    They will fill the stands with a winner
    Agreed, the money that could be earned with a few playoff games and potentially a championship certainly outweighs the tax by a large margin.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,348
    I really donít want Bryant though. Wait till midseasion and see where you are now
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee


    Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,611
    Phillies and Nationals are both linked to Kris Bryant trade. Honestly, I really want Nolan Arenado.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Phanland
    Posts
    7,216
    Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    I really donít want Bryant though. Wait till midseasion and see where you are now
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Phillies and Nationals are both linked to Kris Bryant trade. Honestly, I really want Nolan Arenado.
    https://94wip.radio.com/matt-klentak...ryant-phillies

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Phanland
    Posts
    7,216
    I just saw Girardiís press conference. I donít think I have ever been as confident about a Phillies manager until now.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    136

    Scott Kingery

    Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    I just saw Girardiís press conference. I donít think I have ever been as confident about a Phillies manager until now.
    Not a Kingery fan, value will never be higher. Affordable, by MLB standards, with several years on his contract. Since I am in FL and only see games on TV, frequently with opposition announcers don't hear much about him. Seriously, not looking for smart ***** answers, what could a package of Kingery, Stott, VV or Pivetta, plus any pitcher in the top 30, not named Howard net?

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,554
    If I had to choose between Segura and Kingery, I pick Kingery every time. Would like to see VV as a closer. Don't think that would be enough to get you Bryant or Arenado.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Psulongago View Post
    Not a Kingery fan, value will never be higher. Affordable, by MLB standards, with several years on his contract. Since I am in FL and only see games on TV, frequently with opposition announcers don't hear much about him. Seriously, not looking for smart ***** answers, what could a package of Kingery, Stott, VV or Pivetta, plus any pitcher in the top 30, not named Howard net?
    no chance id trade kingery... the contract is to good and how many positions he can play plus his defense at most is way to valuable... VV/Pivetta get us nothing.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,348
    I think Scotty hasnít even shown what he really can do. Iím hoping he turns into the 25 homer 30 plus steals player he can be. I think .290-.310 is reasonable expectation of his top end. This offense hinges on Hoskins though. If he doesnít recover to his past numbers, they are in trouble. Canít have your projected 4 hitter plummet like he did last year. He canít have more protection than Harper, gregorious, and Realmuto. This line up should be lethal but that I thought that last year too. Pitching has potential but I fear that it wonít be enough. Arrieta could literally be the whole key. If he gets 80% of his peak, heíd be a tremendous 3. Health was the biggest issue last year. Need some better luck in that category too.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee


    Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,390
    Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    I think Scotty hasnít even shown what he really can do. Iím hoping he turns into the 25 homer 30 plus steals player he can be. I think .290-.310 is reasonable expectation of his top end. This offense hinges on Hoskins though. If he doesnít recover to his past numbers, they are in trouble. Canít have your projected 4 hitter plummet like he did last year. He canít have more protection than Harper, gregorious, and Realmuto. This line up should be lethal but that I thought that last year too. Pitching has potential but I fear that it wonít be enough. Arrieta could literally be the whole key. If he gets 80% of his peak, heíd be a tremendous 3. Health was the biggest issue last year. Need some better luck in that category too.
    we need him and Nola tbh... nola cant start off like he did last year either.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •