Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    A lot of work to do what? Roberts chocked, not the WHOLE team, stop acting like this is a team that stumbled into the playoffs on accident just to have the doors blown off by a clearly superior team.

This team won 106 games, Rendon homered on a very good pitch by Kershaw that he burried in the dirt. Some times you get beat.
    You want to get players that "no how to hit in the playoffs" while there is of course room for improvement, there is no sense acting like this team needs some massive roster overhaul or we need to burn it down because we got shut down by two of the very best pitchers in all of baseball.
    That **** just happens.
    Needing a lot of work is not the same as an overhaul, don't get your panties in a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    It's not really fair to classify it as an October choke job though when we had the Astros dead to rights in 2017. That series was not lost because of the offense (quite the contrary, because the offense came through time and time again in that series) or even the pitching. It was the managing. My point is that a team can't do that if they aren't good enough to win it. This year, we also had the Nats 6 outs away from beating them. We put up 3 runs against one of the best pitchers in the league in a close out game (that's very hard to do and doesn't count as a choke job in my book). Elite pitching dominates playoff baseball (regardless of how great the offense is) and so 3 runs isn't trivial in that type of situation. The offense gave us what we needed, but it was the managing that cost us the series. I think it's asking a lot of any offense to put up more than 3 runs against a top tier elite pitcher in a close out, playoff game.
    I don't know about you but I call a team batting AVG of 205 and an OPS of 683 a complete choke job against Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    I don't know about you but I call a team batting AVG of 205 and an OPS of 683 a complete choke job against Houston.
    We put up 34 runs over 7 games. That's just under 5 runs per game. That's pretty darn good in my book. If your team gets you almost 5 runs a game in a playoff series that's not really any longer on the offense. There's always more that an offense can do, but that was on how Roberts handled the pitching. We should have won games 3 and 5, but Roberts made some astoundingly bad pitching moves. The Astros had an excellent team and we had them on the ropes but couldn't finish it. When two teams are that close, you can't give them extra chances, which we did and we paid for it.

I highly doubt Rendon is coming. I doubt the team wants to block Lux. I think it'll be another yawner of an off-season. The team will be great again next year but they are built for the regular season. I honestly never really got into this season.

I was pondering about future lineups (who stays and who goes and making tough calls regarding trades). I was thinking about Justin Turnerís age. Heís still contributes and then I thought heíd fit in our DH spot if we had one (not that I care about implementing it or keeping the status quo). On that note: is there any news regarding the DH coming to the NL next year? Anyone heard something lately? Having this knowledge would help straighten things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I highly doubt Rendon is coming. I doubt the team wants to block Lux. I think it'll be another yawner of an off-season. The team will be great again next year but they are built for the regular season. I honestly never really got into this season.
    They wouldn't be blocking lux, in this situation Lux is the SS and Muncy is the 2nd basemen.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Needing a lot of work is not the same as an overhaul, don't get your panties in a bunch.
    You want to completely reconstruct our offense to "get guys that hit in the playoffs" how is that not a total over haul?

They wouldn't be blocking lux, in this situation Lux is the SS and Muncy is the 2nd basemen.
    And seager is on the DL?

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    And seager is on the DL?
    Rendon would be an unbelievable addition to the team for a ton of reasons. How about an infield of Muncy, Turner, Seager, and Rendon? Turner and Muncy can play different positions, and with Lux on the Major League roster, we have addtional depth for injuries, days off, situational opportunities. The way the Dodgers operate, I don't see Lux missing out on too many ABs in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    We put up 34 runs over 7 games. That's just under 5 runs per game. That's pretty darn good in my book. If your team gets you almost 5 runs a game in a playoff series that's not really any longer on the offense. There's always more that an offense can do, but that was on how Roberts handled the pitching. We should have won games 3 and 5, but Roberts made some astoundingly bad pitching moves. The Astros had an excellent team and we had them on the ropes but couldn't finish it. When two teams are that close, you can't give them extra chances, which we did and we paid for it.
    205 and an OPS under 700. Those are literally the team's numbers.

You want to completely reconstruct our offense to "get guys that hit in the playoffs" how is that not a total over haul?
    Lol... I love it when you do this. Signing Rendon and getting rid of a Kike or a Joc and bringing in another guy that can hit for AVG and contact is not a complete overhaul. Stop clutching your pearls and putting words in people's mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    Rendon would be an unbelievable addition to the team for a ton of reasons. How about an infield of Muncy, Turner, Seager, and Rendon? Turner and Muncy can play different positions, and with Lux on the Major League roster, we have addtional depth for injuries, days off, situational opportunities. The way the Dodgers operate, I don't see Lux missing out on too many ABs in this scenario.
    I'm liking your thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    They don't play the same position, and Lux will be playing second once Turner's contract is up after next season, and Muncy slides over to first.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    Thatíd be arguably the best infield in baseball in my opinion then you also got joc belli and verdugo in the outfield, not to mention Lux as the DH (if they switch to DH in 2020)..lmao..

Your baby can't do this

2020 off season thread

I still donít think rendon is gonna happen.. Nice to dream about it tho

Your baby can't do this

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast