Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1364
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    I'm happy that they kept Seager because I think he's going to have an all-star season. I wouldn't object to trading him for Lindor, tho.
    I am optimistic about Seager as well. He is hidden in this revamped lineup and when he is on his game, he is one of the best hitters on the team. I am really looking forward to a healthy season with him - he needs it. If he returns to form, this lineup is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by USCFOOTBALL View Post
    Dumbest move in a while. Trade a solid 23 years outfielder and our best playoff reliever for a rental and a bigger choker than Kershaw in the playoffs. Dudes playoff ERA is 4.62, and he's getting worse, velocity has gone down from 95/96 to 92/93.
    If Betts performs as he should, I don't think he will be a rental. The Dodgers can afford him and I don't think Friedman would make this move if he wasn't confident that he could be signed for next decade as a Dodger.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    good. now keep Kershaw off the postseason roster and hide Doc come playoff time and we will finally win it all.
    Go do yourself a favor and compare Kershaw’s non-cheating vs. cheating ERA in the WS (and how terrible BPs have inflated his ERA in past years). The “postseason choker” label is way overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    How does Joc Pederson for Luis Rengifo not put the Angels ahead already. Why would we owe them more without getting more back. Am I missing something?
    Was wondering the same thing tbh. I get being ready to move on from Joc, but I don’t see why this was necessary or why we’d need to give up more.

Quote Originally Posted by USCFOOTBALL View Post
    Dumbest move in a while. Trade a solid 23 years outfielder and our best playoff reliever for a rental and a bigger choker than Kershaw in the playoffs. Dudes playoff ERA is 4.62, and he's getting worse, velocity has gone down from 95/96 to 92/93.
    You aren’t serious are you?
    We just stole Mookie Betts from the Red Sox. I’m not thrilled about giving up Verdugo, but giving up Maeda to swap him out with a top-3/5 hitter in baseball - even for just a season - when your window looks like ours is an absolute no-brainer.

We haven’t had a true leadoff hitter in, what, 15 years? I hope they’re not done tuning the team up, but we look excellent. Plus we have the inside track to re-sign him now.

Yes, what is getting missed here is the Dodgers DID in fact stay under the $208 million tax line ($205 million) and remember too they are saving about 5-10 million EXTRA that they are not going to have to pay Madea as well. If in fact it is Stripling getting moved, then that is another $2 million off the books, so they still have dough to play with at the deadline and more importantly restart the clock next season.

Just a hypothetical for 2021 by re-signing Betts:

RHP Walker Buehler $8,000,000 (arbitration 1)
    LHP Clayton Kershaw $31,000,000 (final season)
    LHP David Price $15,000,000
    LHP Julio Urias $6,000,000 (arbitration 2)
    RHP Dustin May $600,000
    RHP Tony Gonsolin $600,000
    RHP Josiah Gray
    RHP Mitchell White

RHP Kenley Jansen $16,000,000 (final season)
    RHP Joe Kelly $8,333,333 (final season)
    LHP Scott Alexander $2,000,000 (arbitration 2)
    LHP Caleb Ferguson $1,000,000 (arbitration 1)

1B Max Muncy $8,500,000 (arbitration 2)
    2B Jeter Downs $600,000
    3B Corey Seager $12,000,000 (arbitration 3- final)
    SS Gavin Lux $600,000
    LF A.J. Pollock $12,000,000
    CF Cody Bellinger $20,000,000 (arbitration 2)
    RF Mookie Betts $37,500,000 (estimate on re-sign)
    C Will Smith $600,000

IF/OF Chris Taylor $7,500,000 (arbitration 3- final)
    OF Matt Beaty $600,000
    C Austin Barnes $2,500,000 (arbitration 2)
    IF Luis Rengifo $600,000
    OF D.J. Peters $600,000

Total: $192,000,000

Sure, we are going to need some bench players, bullpen arms....but plenty of flexibility regardless...

And remember we have close to 100 million coming off the following TWO seasons.

Kershaw, Jansen, Kelly and Taylor gone after 2021 (65 plus million)
    Price and Pollock after 2022 (30 million)

and only Seager will realistically have to be re-upped during this time....

this was as close to genius as you could get.....
    Last edited by bkt42; 02-05-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beempty View Post
    Was wondering the same thing tbh. I get being ready to move on from Joc, but I don’t see why this was necessary or why we’d need to give up more.
    Whether we want to admit it or not, we need more balance from the other side. Now it is almost always going to be a RH bat in the lineup with BETTS, TURNER and SMITH....whether that is in left field (Pullock) or Hernadez, Taylor and Barnes spelling someone. And of course we will still have the pop from the left side with Lux now joining Bellinger, Muncy and Seager....

Moving these final pieces to the Angels was to stay under the tax and give us some wiggle room at the deadline. Being under the tax entering next season is a HUGE ADVANTAGE to re-sign Betts. By keeping our prospects to boot it also means we can be players for any other stars who come available on the mound (Clevinger, Syndergaard, Boyd) or of course go and trade for Turner's replacement (Bryant, Arenado or Lindor again with Seager moving over)

I hate seeing Verdugo go too, loved what Joc brought us vs RHP and hate losing Maeda from a postseason bullpen perspective...but seriously....

To be able to make these deals, acquire one of the best hitters in the game, put us in a remarkable position financially to be continued players for stars and re-signing him as well as keeping all of our top prospects and even our top draft picks from last season.....is nothing short of brilliant...
    Last edited by bkt42; 02-05-2020 at 10:52 AM.

It isn't going to be Adell, that is wishful thinking....but if it turns out to be either of Marsh or Adams it will be even more of a coup. Either would immediately become our top OF prospect ahead of Peters......

and yes, I would move Stripling for that. He is probably 8th on our starting pitching depth chart behind Buehler, Kershaw, Urias, Price, May, Wood and Gonsolin and just ahead of Nelson........

You aren’t serious are you?
    We just stole Mookie Betts from the Red Sox. I’m not thrilled about giving up Verdugo, but giving up Maeda to swap him out with a top-3/5 hitter in baseball - even for just a season - when your window looks like ours is an absolute no-brainer.

We haven’t had a true leadoff hitter in, what, 15 years? I hope they’re not done tuning the team up, but we look excellent. Plus we have the inside track to re-sign him now.
    sox got something for betts plus they needed to cut salary betts in la for one year unless dodgers plan on offering him 35 million a year..

Jesus guys, I was joking about Adell. Hence the “lol”.

Were is DD? Wonder what he is thinking of Friedman now. Betts and Belinger. Our own version of the killer Bees. We have 2 of the top 5 bats in the league. Now if we can only get back to the WS. Without cheating, we will dominate.

Don't know Rengifo that well. Is he that good?

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Jesus guys, I was joking about Adell. Hence the “lol”.
    No you weren't. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    sox got something for betts plus they needed to cut salary betts in la for one year unless dodgers plan on offering him 35 million a year..
    They probably will. He is perfect on paper for the Dodgers. Is also used to playing in a big market. That won't phase him.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    No you weren't. LOL.
    Lol I mean, I’d love to have him. He’s gonna be a monster

Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast