Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1364
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    If thatís the case, you have to think we are getting price as well and they are eating some of the contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I doubt it. Seems to me we had to include Downs just so we didn't have to take on Price's deal.

I hope we can still somehow trade for a bullpen lefty. I have about zero confidence in loogy Kolarek and the oft-injured Alexander. My sleeper was in fact Caleb securing that role for us....

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    If thatís the case, you have to think we are getting price as well and they are eating some of the contract.

It sounds like were not taking Price back.

looks to be deal might be dead? Reported close to done on Saturday and nothing since then. more days that pass by the less likely a trade is completed. camp starts soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    looks to be deal might be dead? Reported close to done on Saturday and nothing since then. more days that pass by the less likely a trade is completed. camp starts soon.
    His price plummets on opening day because we can no longer get a pick back for him, we'll see what happens.

I know many will blame management now if the deal isn't done, or should he go to the Padres instead- but based on all the reports and leaks that have come out, that would not be a fair assessment.

The combination of players offered up by the Padres don't come close to the package the Dodgers are rumored to have involved with several sources confirming this. It simply wouldn't make any sense for them to take the lesser package:

OF Alex Verdugo > OF Manuel Margot/Josh Naylor
    LHP Caleb Ferguson/RHP Tony Gonsolin > LHP Joey Lucchesi/RHP Cal Quantrill

OF A.J. Pollock (only if Price is involved) > OF Will Myers (1/2 his salary paid by the Padres)

C Keibert Ruiz > C Luis Campusano (Ruiz ranked higher by MLB, Fangraphs, BA and BP)

IF Jeter Downs > None (SD has not been rumored to have included ANY of their top 100 prospects aside from Campusano, whose average rank is 80- where Downs average rank is 61)

Not to mention the package being better is the obvious that while the Padres want Boston to take back Myers and at least 1/2 of the money owed to him- the Dodgers are the only one of the two teams that is willing to take on Price at a reasonable price (1/2 his salary perhaps)

These two reported offers are so lopsided, it makes you scratch your head that reports continue to insist that SD is still in the race for him....unless something is fishy as hell.

One can only surmise it has something possibly to do with the current investigation that the Red Sox find themselves in concerning sign-stealing. Otherwise, it just seems like a farce to me.

The Dodgers UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should have to send the better package and take on Price for more than 1/2 his salary............while also not making Boston take on our own Myers equivalent (Pollock- who is better)

It would definitely be Friedman's fault if a deal doesn't get done for lacking the balls to be a GM.

Per @alexspeier, a deal sending Mookie Betts to the Dodgers could come together by the end of the night:

https://dodgerblue.com/mookie-betts-...vQ0QPVZqThyXVg

2020 off season thread

YeeAAAAA!!!!! It HAPPENED!!! MOOKIE ****ING BETTS BABY!!

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    YeeAAAAA!!!!! It HAPPENED!!! MOOKIE ****ING BETTS BABY!!
    [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Everyone wanted to be the first to report details so it looks like a 42 team trade lol.

Sounds like Betts and Price coming in with Boston eating half of Priceís salary.

Dodgers send Maeda to the Twins.

Boston gets Verdugo and yet unnamed player to From the Twins.

According to Rosenthal, the Dodgers are also expected to send JP to the Angels in a subsequent deal

Wow! IMPRESSIVE DEAL! We Owe FRIEDMAN A APOLOGY!

Gave up 0 top prospects and Boston is paying half+ of Priceís contract...Joc to Angels for Rengifo...

Impressive stuff

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Gave up 0 top prospects and Boston is paying half+ of Priceís contract...Joc to Angels for Rengifo...

Impressive stuff
    dodgers still are not winning anything next year !!

Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast