Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    True that.

Funny thing about this; I tend to believe that strikeouts arenít a big deal if the player has a great ability for BABIP, but I also wouldnít construct an entire roster full of those players. One Adam Dunn with a bunch of high OBPs in front of him will drive in a lot of runs. 8 Adam Dunnís are going to come up empty a LOT.
    I just feel that the players that K a lot tend to choke in the postseason against better pitching.

I'm shocked that Belli won MVP after hitting 263 for the second half.

Cody bellinger is the 4th player ever to win rookie of year, gold glove, silver slugger, and MVP all before age 25.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    I'm shocked that Belli won MVP after hitting 263 for the second half.
    I honestly wouldnít have been shocked if yellich won it. Couldnít go wrong either way in my opinion but obviously Iím happier with this outcome

Your baby can't do this

Looking at the splits for Christian yellich, his first half splits are almost identical to his second half splits (and projections). Thatís consistency

Your baby can't do this

Belli named MVP
    After numerous snubs (Piazza- '95 '96 '97, Beltre '04, Kemp '11) over the past three decades, we finally get a position player who wins one.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Codi better not turn out to be Keshaw 2.0. Great in the regular season and chokes come playoff time. Last 3 seasons he hasn't performed come playoff time.

I guess an MVP makes those second-half struggles just wash away. lol

Sounds like Kenta is not happy with his role.

Dodgers tried to restructure his contract so that he would make more money in a swing role but he wasnít having it; he is adamant on being a starter.

That said, if the FO does decide to go all in and break the LT threshold then I could see them paying good money for a starter/s and shipping Maeda elsewhere - maybe as part of a Lindor package. After all, Maeda has 4 years left with a minimum of $3.125M to a maximum of $11.125M against the LT per year. That makes him a very valuable trade piece for a small market team like the Indians.

For general context on the team-friendliness of his contract - due to the structure of his incentives, Maeda could start 28 games, pitch 189 2/3 innings, win a Cy Young award and still only earn $8.625M for the year.

Got this off reddit.. itís hard for me not to feel salty about this.. the dodgers were very close to winning the World Series against a team that is just now being caught cheating during that year...

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Got this off reddit.. itís hard for me not to feel salty about this.. the dodgers were very close to winning the World Series against a team that is just now being caught cheating during that year...
    Iíve seen some video evidence of their cheating... itís absolutely ****ing maddening.

Iíve seen some video evidence of their cheating... itís absolutely ****ing maddening.
    I guess in their World Series documentary there is video footage of altuve running up steps and in the corner you can see an astros employee taking down a monitor....

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I guess in their World Series documentary there is video footage of altuve running up steps and in the corner you can see an astros employee taking down a monitor....
    Ok, well thatís just funny Lol. I hope they get the harshest possible penalties...

Check this out...

Jomboy (@Jomboy_) Tweeted:
    https://t.co/rncm6qzXxw

Ok, well thatís just funny Lol. I hope they get the harshest possible penalties...

Check this out...

Jomboy (@Jomboy_) Tweeted:
    https://t.co/rncm6qzXxw
    Yeah Iíve seen that and heís posted an updated 10 minute long video that talks about more things too. Heís a fun guy to watch on YouTube. I think the asstros probably figured out a way to do it differently during the playoffs because the playoffs is a far bigger scale of viewership than during the regular season obviously. It could be possible that they use mics underneath their helmet or something.

Your baby can't do this

I'm actually glad that they're getting rid of a lot of minor league teams so they can have a clean A, AA, and AAA with nothing in between.

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast