Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I feel like the dodgers might offer someone a bloated 4 or 5 year contract like they offered Harper. I donít think cole would be interested in that but rendon has said that heís interested in that. The fact that rendon said that makes me wonder if heís already considering the dodgers because the dodgers were the ones to offer Harper a record average salary 4 year deal.

I donít really think the dodgers would target a starter anyway, I personally would like to see some bullpen help but I think they might be turned off from going out and getting really good bullpen pieces after the kenley Jansen contract.
    Dodgers need to groom Julio Urias as their closer. The guy is nasty. He can be their closer for the next 6, 7 maybe 10 years. For now, reasonably priced. Their not going to find a closer like him anywhere and if they eventually did, he would cost big bucks. Sign Ryu 3 yrs $60 mil and Wheeler 5yrs $110 mil (those 2 still $50 mil cheaper than Cole), send Maeda and Gonsolin to the pen with Urias. Starting 5 would be Buehler, Ryu, Wheeler, Kershaw and May.

I would be so happy if this actually happened. Let him go mess around joking on the bench hitting 190 elsewhere and bring back a player that won't cost them two games in a row for not knowing how many outs there are. https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodger...Kbuyo5vPvqKnL0

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    Dodgers need to groom Julio Urias as their closer. The guy is nasty. He can be their closer for the next 6, 7 maybe 10 years. For now, reasonably priced. Their not going to find a closer like him anywhere and if they eventually did, he would cost big bucks. Sign Ryu 3 yrs $60 mil and Wheeler 5yrs $110 mil (those 2 still $50 mil cheaper than Cole), send Maeda and Gonsolin to the pen with Urias. Starting 5 would be Buehler, Ryu, Wheeler, Kershaw and May.
    Interesting thought there - I love Urias' arm and think he could benefit the team in a number of roles. I would prefer him as a starter, and acquire another bullpen arm. Not sure about Wheeler - definitely not a front line starter, and if Urias was in the rotation, May and Gonsolin could compete for that 5th spot. Who knows, Dodgers may even go after Strasburg which would change the entire dynamic.

The back-end of the bullpen is a big problem. Jansen blew 8 saves, Kelly blew 5 in just 6 opportunities, and Baez blew 6 saves in 7 opportunities. Jansen and Kelly have significant financial commitments attached to them, and I don't see them going anywhere. As frustrating as all that was, the Dodgers ended up with the lowest runs per game allowed in all of baseball from the bullpen, and came in third in bullpen wins behind Tampa and Milwaukee.

I don't know about the Mets but I would make that trade.

OK, OK, just sign Cole & Rendon, call it an off season and raise the beer prices up to $20 a pop.

Now that the WS has been over for a few weeks, I've come back to earth and now don't think that Friedman is going to sign Rendon or Cole, anyone that would be considered talented.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Now that the WS has been over for a few weeks, I've come back to earth and now don't think that Friedman is going to sign Rendon or Cole, anyone that would be considered talented.
    Thatís the spirit

Your baby can't do this

I would be so happy if this actually happened. Let him go mess around joking on the bench hitting 190 elsewhere and bring back a player that won't cost them two games in a row for not knowing how many outs there are. https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodger...Kbuyo5vPvqKnL0
    I wonder what his trade value is Diaz. He was amazing in 2018 but was **** in 2019. Iíd do that trade

Your baby can't do this

If Rendon got injured in the offseason, he would sign him.

Pipe dream, but a good one.

A Lindor trade would be absolutely one-sided....

And the Dodgers should absolutely pay the price required to get him...

One benefit this team has had over the last few seasons is itís incredible depth, but they also have too much talent of roughly the same value while needing another star - potentially a couple.

I love Seager, but Lindor is a top 10 player who could win multiple MVPs and while Seager is a good defensive SS, Lindor is a more natural fit at SS for the long term.

This team has too many players that offer just about the same value with more emerging talent ready to play at the big league level.

On the 25 man roster there are roughly 13 position player spots for these names and a few more young stars...

Bellinger
    Pederson
    Pollock
    Verdugo
    Taylor
    Kike
    Turner
    Seager
    Muncy
    Lux
    Smith
    Beaty
    Barnes
    Ruiz
    Rios
    Garlick

For the Dodgers to get Lindor, however, I think it makes the most sense to first lock down another major updgrade to make the cost of upgrading from Seager to Lindor worthwhile.

Itís rumored that Friedman absolutely loves Rendon. A signing like that would make some of our depth more expendable and, with $51M in LT space, I could imagine the FO making a play like this for a long term $30M AAV deal.

I would then try moving JT to 1B and Muncy to LF.

With Muncy and Bellinger locked into the corner OF spots, that frees up Pederson (plus cash), Pollock (plus cash), Verdugo, Taylor, and/or Kike as potential depth pieces to include in a move.

Infield locks would include...

Rendon, Turner, Lux, Smith.

I could see the Dodgers in this scenario playing the steep price of Seager, Keibert Ruiz, and either Verdugo or JP (plus cash).

That could give us a lineup of something like...

Lindor
    Lux
    Rendon
    Bellinger
    JT
    Muncy
    Smith
    Pollock/Taylor

Yeah, Itís a pipe dream, but it makes some sense logistically if The FO is comfortable flirting with the LT again to fix the rest of the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Pipe dream, but a good one.

A Lindor trade would be absolutely one-sided....

And the Dodgers should absolutely pay the price required to get him...

One benefit this team has had over the last few seasons is itís incredible depth, but they also have too much talent of roughly the same value while needing another star - potentially a couple.

I love Seager, but Lindor is a top 10 player who could win multiple MVPs and while Seager is a good defensive SS, Lindor is a more natural fit at SS for the long term.

This team has too many players that offer just about the same value with more emerging talent ready to play at the big league level.

On the 25 man roster there are roughly 13 position player spots for these names and a few more young stars...

Bellinger
    Pederson
    Pollock
    Verdugo
    Taylor
    Kike
    Turner
    Seager
    Muncy
    Lux
    Smith
    Beaty
    Barnes
    Ruiz
    Rios
    Garlick

For the Dodgers to get Lindor, however, I think it makes the most sense to first lock down another major updgrade to make the cost of upgrading from Seager to Lindor worthwhile.

Itís rumored that Friedman absolutely loves Rendon. A signing like that would make some of our depth more expendable and, with $51M in LT space, I could imagine the FO making a play like this for a long term $30M AAV deal.

I would then try moving JT to 1B and Muncy to LF.

With Muncy and Bellinger locked into the corner OF spots, that frees up Pederson (plus cash), Pollock (plus cash), Verdugo, Taylor, and/or Kike as potential depth pieces to include in a move.

Infield locks would include...

Rendon, Turner, Lux, Smith.

I could see the Dodgers in this scenario playing the steep price of Seager, Keibert Ruiz, and either Verdugo or JP (plus cash).

That could give us a lineup of something like...

Lindor
    Lux
    Rendon
    Bellinger
    JT
    Muncy
    Smith
    Pollock/Taylor

Yeah, Itís a pipe dream, but it makes some sense logistically if The FO is comfortable flirting with the LT again to fix the rest of the holes.
    The price tag for lindor will be insane. Because if the Indians trade him they better have an incredible return or the fan base will destroy the Dolans.

you are looking at 2 real good major league hitters at least, plus a good bullpen guy plus a few really good highly taunted minor leaguers. I might even be low balling the Indians here im not sure. just a first guess.

Who do you think dodgers would be willing to give up?
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    The price tag for lindor will be insane. Because if the Indians trade him they better have an incredible return or the fan base will destroy the Dolans.

you are looking at 2 real good major league hitters at least, plus a good bullpen guy plus a few really good highly taunted minor leaguers. I might even be low balling the Indians here im not sure. just a first guess.

Who do you think dodgers would be willing to give up?
    IMO, Seager is a great building block for a proposal that Iím not sure many teams could or would come close to matching.

In Seager, the Dodgers offer a chance at a comparable major league replacement that is six months younger, a projected $10M cheaper (minimum), and still with some huge upside.

Remember, before his injuries, many analysts were projecting Seager, Lindor, and Correa to be in the same stratosphere of elite SS. At this point, we know he likely wonít be as good as Lindor, but he still undoubtedly has not reached his potential and has time to close the gap some, maybe a lot.

I donít think Cleveland could afford to balk at that considering all the previously mentioned positives.

Maybe Houston could offer a package starting with Correa, but that makes little sense for them, IMO, considering that (A) Correa to Lindor isnít a huge upgrade, (B) Correa will likely make more through arbitration than Seager, and (C) I donít think Houston has the assets - that theyíd be willing to part with - to make a trade work.

The Dodgers can afford to add young major league talent to a deal. I think Iíd be comfortable with a starting point of Seager and Ruiz and an OF. Cleveland might jump all over Verdugo, but that seems like a steep price. If, instead of Verdugo, adding JP and enough cash that Cleveland comes out net positive would get it done, Iíd do it in an instant. Adding too much more top end talent to those three might mean bidding against ourselves.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 11-12-2019 at 03:49 PM.

^ Three points to add to this.

1) Again, it starts with landing Rendon to ensure we create the proper trade assets.

2) If we add Rendon, we have less pressure to make a Lindor trade work.

3) Iíd definitely consider offering more than the three players I mention above if I thought it would get a deal done. Lindor is a special talent and has the type of personality that I think can weather the LA media market - even thrive in it.

always happens with Friedman. He teases a big move and we end up getting Gyorko, White and other trash players. But I agree with most posters here. We need to trade Seager while he is worth something.

I am also surprised nobody here is talking about the cheaters in Houston. MLB needs to take away some draft picks and give them do all the teams affected during the 2017 playoffs.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast