Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1331
    Only one platoon compared to the 36 that Andy would try to work in out of 8 spots makes me just about the happiest man alive. Now I'm ready to enjoy some real baseball this season.

I'm just waiting to see what sensitive little rube will take my lates post and somehow do some ****-talking all butthurt. Will you be woke?
    Last edited by DigglinDickers; 02-13-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Guys, this is getting beyond ridiculous.

We donít have to fight with everyone that disagrees with us.

Digglin, you donít like AF. You donít have to argue, or ask for arguments, with everyone that respects the job heís done.

For every complaint that could be made about his shortcomings, his successes inarguably dwarf them, yet no one is coming at you for saying he sucks like every other post. If anything, theyíre coming after you because the sheer volume negativity.

Itís your opinion and youíre entitled to it. I donít share that opinion, and Iím entitled to my own. If we could all just chat about the Dodgers without caps lock, asterisks, and finger wagging, that would be great.

I mean, claim victory where you can; we all know Ciaban has engaged me in debates he was bound to lose far too often (sorry Ciaban), but for ****s sake, do we have to fight about everything?

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

Digglin, you donít like AF. You donít have to argue, or ask for arguments, with everyone that respects the job heís done.

For every complaint that could be made about his shortcomings, his successes inarguably dwarf them, yet no one is coming at you for saying he sucks like every other post. If anything, theyíre coming after you because the sheer volume negativity.

Itís your opinion and youíre entitled to it. I donít share that opinion, and Iím entitled to my own. If we could all just chat about the Dodgers without caps lock, asterisks, and finger wagging, that would be great.

I mean, claim victory where you can; we all know Ciaban has engaged me in debates he was bound to lose far too often (sorry Ciaban), but for ****s sake, do we have to fight about everything?
    Block him like I did and you'll never have to deal with his douchebagginess again. And when he responds to this post in his normal negative way I won't even see it.

Somebody's breakin' some toys tonight, just sayin'.

We have enough negativity and ******** in our lives and when we come in here, we want to have some fun. But i see even more of it on PSD and itís totally pointless. Letís enjoy the fact that we picked up a top 5 player and have 2 of the top 5 players in the league. I feel this might be our year.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Good post bro. I have to admit, in the Lakers forum Kobeís death has united us and we have become a close brotherhood. I hope this group does the same. A lot of good info here so thank you guys.

I'm obviously happy that we got Betts and Price. I can't wait for the season to start. Hopefully we'll run away with the division again.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    Somebody's breakin' some toys tonight, just sayin'.
    I'm flattered to be living rent-free inside your head. You blocked me and still devoted two posts in my name, thank you.

:eyeroll: + :jerkoff: motion
    jklol

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Good post bro. I have to admit, in the Lakers forum Kobeís death has united us and we have become a close brotherhood. I hope this group does the same. A lot of good info here so thank you guys.
    It's time for us to sacrifice a pitcher...
    "sacrifice in March...Corn have plenty starch"
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/748380f...8-32f6341cc17f

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    :eyeroll: + :jerkoff: motion
    jklol
    Lol. I meant to put a wink in there... glad you realized it was a joke
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

Of course it is a time to be excited....super excited. Games still have to be played and I will repeat my same swan song from my previous home about making sure the bullpen is a strong point in August/September (something they just have put a band-aid on for much of the last 7 seasons and instead putting it all on CK and KJ's shoulders- hopefully they realize that ship has sailed) but man oh, man is this team geared up for not only this season but for a while.

I will try and recap:

RF Mookie Betts- The best RF in the game (sorry Yelich but your career (-.4) defensive rating puts you a clear second to me and yes, we cleared the books with every intention of making him a long term fixture at Chavez Ravine

CF Cody Bellinger- Ok, he is the second best CF in the game...but just remember when you say that, Cody beat Mike Trout in WAR last season AND he is 4 years younger

1B Max Muncy- Rated the second best 1B "right now" on MLB network behind Freeman...who he beat in WAR last season (5.7 to 4.4)...oh, and we just signed him through his age 31 season with an option for a 4th year

3B Justin Turner- Probably his last season, but here is a reminder on just how great he has been as a Dodger. His batting line over those six seasons: .302/.381/.506/.887

SS Corey Seager- Underrated- both as an offensive player and his defense (+4.2 WAR over his career). There are 162 games in a season, and Corey has played 489 games in his career- basically 3 seasons. His collective WAR is almost 18 (17.8)...divide that by three and we are talking about a 6 WAR player. Oh, and despite missing almost 30 games last season, he still led the NL in doubles

2B Gavin Lux- I have seen about a half a dozen 2020 ROY predictions and our boy was selected in all of them. He is special and is going to be really, really good

C Will Smith- All he did was slug 15 homers with a .907 OPS in 170 AB....anyone here think he doesn't have a realistic chance of leading all NL catchers in homers and getting 30 plus of them?? Oh, and he is pretty darn good defensively too

LF Joc Pederson/A.J. Pollock- Our lone platoon and "weakness" lol. Here are their 2019 splits by the way:

Pederson vs RHP: .876 OPS with all 36 homeruns vs righties
    Pollock vs LHP: .906 OPS

and no, it isn't a one year mirage- Joc has destroyed RHP throughout his career and AJ has been much better vs southpaws throughout his....some weakness

The bench of Enrique Hernandez, Chris Taylor, Matt Beaty, Austin Barnes and Pollock combined to hit 58 homers last season, drive in 234 and slug a very respectable .465. Pollock can play all three outfield spots, Beaty can play the corners in the OF and IF, Barnes can play second and catch while Hernandez and Taylor can play just about anywhere.....plus they have a strong group of youngsters on the 40-man roster led by top prospects Keibert Ruiz (C) and D.J. Peters (OF) pushing for spots....

Although not as loaded as they are offensively, the pitching staff is equally deep and talented.

Walker Buehler is ready to take the next step to be one of the entire majors best and he is controlled for four more seasons. Clayton Kershaw is still a top line pitcher, even if he isn't the same as he used to be and personally I wouldn't be surprised to see him closer to his 2016-17 form, meaning a 5 WAR season. David Price is still a really good pitcher when he is healthy. Julio Urias, Dustin May and Tony Gonsolin all have high upsides and the first two should join Walker to lead this rotation the next 5 years. We have extreme depth with Ross Stripling still on board and two reclamation projects in Alex Wood and Jimmy Nelson....

Our bullpen is somewhat of a question mark but by adding both Blake Tiernan and the flamethrowing Brusdar Graterol to join Kenley Jansen, Joe Kelly and Pedro Baez on the right side it has real promise and we were able to keep Caleb Ferguson (sorry Gammons, I didn't want to lose him) to battle Scott Alexander and Adam Kolarek as options on the left side....yes, I would like another southpaw in the mix, but Wood/Urias could still wind up there if they don't make the final rotation. There is depth here too and I personally will be excited to see both Marshall Kasowski and Mitchell White in camp....

Prospect wise we are top 3 in all of baseball- and that is not counting our 2019 draft picks really getting going or those we bring on in the next coming draft (where we traded for another early pick). We lost Downs but replaced him with another top 100 in Graterol, so I still see an end of season ranking resembling where we are now even if we lose 1-2 at the deadline and both Lux and May graduate....

All of this and we have a little over $35 million committed to three players for 2022 (Price, Pollock and Muncy) with only buyout options for $6.5 million for 2023 (A.J. and Max)....

Just got one of the top 5 hitters in the game, a young nucleus forming, talent galore on the pitching staff, loaded farm and endless payroll flexibility......so ya, it is certainly a time to be excited

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's time for us to sacrifice a pitcher...
    "sacrifice in March...Corn have plenty starch"
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/748380f...8-32f6341cc17f
    Lullz

So I don't know if anyone saw the rule changes this year, they've added the 3 batter min rule, which should signifigantly help Joc, because our line up is so evenly balanced, you can't just bring in a LH Reliever for just him (unless he represents the 3rd out) so he's going to see a lot more RH pitchers this season.

Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast