Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    There could be a possibility that Hou could be stripped of their WS title if the allegations are true.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    There could be a possibility that Hou could be stripped of their WS title if the allegations are true.

2020 off season thread

Honestly, that kinda sucks for the dodgers.. I mean itís great that they get a chip, no doubt about it, but that championship will forever have an asterisk next to it saying:

*Houston won series 4-3 but forfeited due to cheating

Your baby can't do this

The lack of rumors suck.
    Last edited by DigglinDickers; 11-22-2019 at 03:08 PM.

The lack of rumors suck.
    Next month itíll pick up. Very soon we will hear about rendon, lindor, mookie, gerrit cole, etc etc and then we will be let down.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    IMO, Seager is a great building block for a proposal that Iím not sure many teams could or would come close to matching.

In Seager, the Dodgers offer a chance at a comparable major league replacement that is six months younger, a projected $10M cheaper (minimum), and still with some huge upside.

Remember, before his injuries, many analysts were projecting Seager, Lindor, and Correa to be in the same stratosphere of elite SS. At this point, we know he likely wonít be as good as Lindor, but he still undoubtedly has not reached his potential and has time to close the gap some, maybe a lot.

I donít think Cleveland could afford to balk at that considering all the previously mentioned positives.

Maybe Houston could offer a package starting with Correa, but that makes little sense for them, IMO, considering that (A) Correa to Lindor isnít a huge upgrade, (B) Correa will likely make more through arbitration than Seager, and (C) I donít think Houston has the assets - that theyíd be willing to part with - to make a trade work.

The Dodgers can afford to add young major league talent to a deal. I think Iíd be comfortable with a starting point of Seager and Ruiz and an OF. Cleveland might jump all over Verdugo, but that seems like a steep price. If, instead of Verdugo, adding JP and enough cash that Cleveland comes out net positive would get it done, Iíd do it in an instant. Adding too much more top end talent to those three might mean bidding against ourselves.
    If were honest Lindor over Seager isn't much of an upgrade either considering the additional cost in payroll and prospects.
    And the Astros do have Forest Whitley and Kyle Tucker, and Yordan Alverz (who's very limited defensively) ...IDK if they want to part with either.

I seriously doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Cody bellinger is the 4th player ever to win rookie of year, gold glove, silver slugger, and MVP all before age 25.
    Is Trout on that list?

I'm actually glad that they're getting rid of a lot of minor league teams so they can have a clean A, AA, and AAA with nothing in between.
    I'd be fine with it if they pay the players they keep around more money, since it's the major league teams that pay their salary not the minor league teams, less players in the minors means it's easier for them to pay a live-able wage.

What would you guys say to the idea of bringing in Didi Gregorious on a 1 year deal, last year he was hampered by injuries and a TERRIBLE babip that likely won't repeat, he's a very good defender to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I seriously doubt that.
    Well, it's not like you have a track record of being correct about much.

I guess there are rumors that Strasburg would consider signing with a southern CA team. He was also spotted in LA at a Clippers game.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Is Trout on that list?
    I donít think trout has ever won a gold glove

Your baby can't do this

Well, it's not like you have a track record of being correct about much.
    Most people are wrong when they make future predictions, don't be a dick. More importantly where is the evidence that MLB is even considering this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I donít think trout has ever won a gold glove
    Your right, whats crazy is he won the wilson overall defensive player of the year.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast