Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1407
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    with the DH possibly coming to the NL next year, we may end up signing Pederson to a long term deal that pays him 10-12 million per year just to DH. Also that will increase our chances of paying Betters since he can DH late in his career when he will be making 30+ million a year.
    I thought the Joc deal was already done.

Glad we nixed the Angels trade. Hold on to as many assets as we can for Lindor.

If Arte pulled out of the deal then he's an idiot. Oh, and thank you for being an idiot. I'm fine with that deal being a distant memory. We can do so much better if we are going to trade him. Lindor or something that really makes us better. Definitely not that.

The Dodgers and Lindor deal began and ended with them wanting Lux....so it isn't happening, not until the trade deadline at least. What went awry thanks to both the Red Sox and Twins failing to do their homework, was the inclusion of more prospect wise being sent to Boston to save face and 10 million in cash to the Twins so they could in fact get Maeda, who can earn up to 8-10 million as a starter and not the base salary of just 3.125. We did manage to get a AAA outfielder back with a return home of Luke Raley and a late second round pick in the 2020 draft (67th overall)....

We probably are the ones who backed out of the Pederson deal, not because we don't need to unload an OF (we do) but because it doesn't have to be Joc, who actually helps this team vs RHP immensely. Personally, I like having that option and still wouldn't trade him elsewhere unless it was for a package of a good prospect or LH power relief arm.

Once we extended Muncy and sent cash to Minnesota for Kenta, staying under the luxury tax all but ended as well. Why trade Joc when we are not going to be under now and he just makes our lineup that much more dangerous vs RHP??

The Angels have two outfield prospects and that is it in that crappy farm system and they aren't trading their lone Top 100 guy in Adell.....so screw them....

I would still try and move Stripling and maybe a prospect outside our top ten to try and get another LH bullpen arm....but truth be told this team is loaded, even more so now that we got to keep Joc and got the flamethrower, who is obviously closer to the Majors (already got a taste last season) than Downs or Wong
    Last edited by bkt42; 02-09-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    LOL!!! Friedman makes one trade and now no one had no reason to complain about for all of his dumbshit decisions in the past. Nice, Friedman is batting 100. And this team didn't have years of platoons and scrubs in the lineup.
    We went to the WS two years in a row and lost to teams that cheated both times. You’re an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by beempty View Post
    We went to the WS two years in a row and lost to teams that cheated both times. You’re an idiot.
    Does some sensitive fan need a tissue? They still could have beat Houston if Dave's dumbass didn't get in the way. Why are you so sensitive? Maybe they could have won both titles if they didn't have a bunch of platoon scrubs in the lineup, my sensitive little genius.

Did I hurt your feelings? I could make a thread for those who are sensitive and would like to lick Friedman's nuts if you like if I haven't already made the thread.
    Last edited by DigglinDickers; 02-10-2020 at 12:15 AM.

It took Andy five years to figure out that being platoonasexual was a joke. Something some of us fans in here knew since day one.

The hold-ups for these trades reminds me of the Iowa caucus.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Package Stripling and one of our extra IF/OF's Garlick/Rios/Raley for a LH bullpen arm

Cut White

Red face

As been rumored, Baltimore seems like the ideal landing spot for Stripling. They need SP and they get three more controlled years of Ross. We also send White back their way and add their choice of Garlick or Rios. We get one of their two bullpen southpaws in Paul Fry or Tanner Scott as well as a good prospect. Since they aren't going to want to part with any of their top 4 (who are all in the Top 100 in C Rutschman, RHP Rodriguez, LHP Hall and 1B Mountcastle) then like the Twins sending us back Raley, the Orioles send us back #5 prospect OF Yusniel Diaz, who has dropped considerably and is 23 years old now. We look for a rebound from him- and him and Peters automatically become our two best OF prospects....

Dodgers trade RHP Ross Stripling, 1B Tyler White and OF Kyle Garlick to the Baltimore Orioles for LHP Tanner Scott and prospect OF Yusniel Diaz

Rotation: (11)

RHP Walker Buehler*
    LHP Clayton Kershaw $31,000,000
    LHP David Price $15,000,000 (Red Sox paying 16 million of it)
    LHP Julio Urias $1,000,000
    LHP Alex Wood $4,000,000**
    RHP Dustin May*
    RHP Jimmy Nelson $1,250,000**
    RHP Tony Gonsolin*
    RHP Dennis Santana*
    RHP Mitchell White*
    LHP Victor Gonzalez

Bullpen: (11)

RHP Kenley Jansen $16,000,000
    RHP Blake Tiernan $10,000,000
    RHP Joe Kelly $8,333,333
    RHP Pedro Baez $3,750,000 (arbitration est)
    RHP Brusdar Graderol*
    LHP Scott Alexander $875,000
    LHP Tanner Scott*
    LHP Adam Kolarek*
    LHP Caleb Ferguson*
    RHP Dylan Floro*
    RHP Josh Sborz*

Lineup: (8)

RF Mookie Betts (R) $27,000,000
    1B Max Muncy (L) $8,666,667
    3B Justin Turner (R) $16,000,000
    CF Cody Bellinger (L) $11,500,000
    LF A.J. Pollock (R) $12,000,000
    SS Corey Seager (L) $7,600,000
    C Will Smith (R)*
    2B Gavin Lux (L)*

Bench: (10)

OF/IF Enrique Hernandez (R) $5,900,000
    OF Joc Pederson (L) $7,750,000
    OF/IF Chris Taylor (R) $6,700,000
    OF/IF Matt Beaty (L)*
    C Austin Barnes (R) $1,100,000
    IF/OF Edwin Rios (L)*
    OF Luke Raley (R)*
    C Keibert Ruiz (S)*
    OF D.J. Peters (R)*
    IF Zach McKinstry (L)*

Rotation: $52,250,000
    Bullpen: $38,955,333
    Lineup: $82,766,667
    Bench: $21,450,000

Costs: $2,500,000 (Maeda)
    40-man/Minimum: $5,000,000 (est) <indicated with *>
    Bonus/Player Benefits/Incentives: $15,000,000 (CBA rules unofficial) <**-players with incentives in contract>

Grand Total: $218,921,000 (Dodgers would like to stay under the 228 penalty line- giving them about 8-10 million to work with at the deadline)

New Dodgers Top 20 prospects: (My rankings- unofficial)

1. LUX*
    2. MAY*
    3. RHP Josiah Gray
    4. GRADEROL*
    5. RUIZ*
    6. GONSOLIN*
    7. 3B Kody Hoese
    8. 2B Michael Busch
    9. OF Yusniel Diaz
    10. C Diego Cartaya
    11. WHITE*
    12. 2B/SS Omar Estevez
    13. PETERS*
    14. SS/2B Jacob Amaya
    15. SANTANA*
    16. RHP Michael Grove
    17. 3B Miguel Vargas
    18. 2B/3B Devin Mann
    19. RHP Jimmy Lewis
    20. RHP Ryan Pepiot

*- on our 40-man roster

Anyone have a problem with that??

LOADED!!!!
    Last edited by bkt42; 02-10-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Does some sensitive fan need a tissue? They still could have beat Houston if Dave's dumbass didn't get in the way. Why are you so sensitive? Maybe they could have won both titles if they didn't have a bunch of platoon scrubs in the lineup, my sensitive little genius.
    Yes, their approach was so dumb that they beat all but one team in baseball twice, and it turns out that the team that beat them cheated BOTH times.

Maybe it’s time for you to stop throwing around “genius” sarcastically at others and realize you might be dumb lol.

Yes, their approach was so dumb that they beat all but one team in baseball twice, and it turns out that the team that beat them cheated BOTH times.

Maybe it’s time for you to stop throwing around “genius” sarcastically at others and realize you might be dumb lol.
    Is that a fact, bro? LOL! Why are you Friedman defenders, such sensitive babies? Yes, the approach where Kike is batting cleanup in a WS is ****ing stupid. If there's a WS game and there's Kike, Barnes, and Taylor all in the same lineup, it's a product of being mentally challenged. If you pay Kazmir and McCarthy 50 million, that approach is ****ing stupid. If you pay Rich Hill 13 million for 2-3 weeks a season, that's one stupid ****ing approach IMO, my sensitive little manbaby. It's not like Dave and Andy's stupid decisions and weak WS lineups didn't happen, my sensitive little genius guy.
    Last edited by DigglinDickers; 02-10-2020 at 12:27 PM.

You're sensitive little responses amuse me, "genius." I'm also pretty sure this account is a burner account that was created to agree with another burner account for some sensitive doucher that has been banned. But I will give the nerds like Andy some credit, they finally brought in some A-list talent that will be here at least a full season. What excites me the most is that after five years these ****ing nerds have finally realized that their saber-nerd baseball wasn't going to win any championships, and it finally looks like that dumb **** saber platoon is gone. It couldn't have happened any sooner because that lame boring saber-nerd crap was going to ruin the game having players in the league who have no business even being in the minors.

Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast