Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1407
    We basically replace one Top 100 prospect with another- one source had Downs ranked higher than Graterol, while the other 3 sources (BP, MLB and Fangraphs) all has the later ranked higher. He is a flame thrower that could help that bullpen even more.

We still have Estevez, Mann, Amaya and Busch (2019 first rounder) who figure into the 2B/SS mix and I liked Wong's versatility and bat potential but we are running with Smith and still have Ruiz and the 18-year old kid Cartaya- so I am ok with that....

Let's see how the Twins and Angels deal finalize before I make an overall analysis..

I remember a lot of people in here saying the kids we got from Cinci were just filler, not big league material. Now everyone's pissed they're gone. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    I remember a lot of people in here saying the kids we got from Cinci were just filler, not big league material. Now everyone's pissed they're gone. lol
    Gray is still here....or at least he better be...

I thought that trade with Cinci was great back then no matter who we got back. Now it turns out to be a really great trade, especially if we keep Betts. I think Price will pitch better than any of us expect, then everything's great. We just have to wait and see what Dickers is going to complain about next and then we will talk about that.

If ole' Arte is so pissed about the trade not being final yet then why do we not know who we are getting back? If we are still in discussions with them about who it will be then the deal can't be completed anyway, right? Now, if the trade can be completed with us not knowing who we will be getting from them till later then he can go eff himself. He's already getting a mega deal from us and he knows it, that's why he's freaking out. Joc and Strip for an unproven utility player, really? If you are receiving a gift from someone it's only proper to at least wait patiently until they are ready to give it to you. Boston did to us what you are afraid is going to happen to you. We got burned, you'll be fine. Unwad your panties and you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    I thought that trade with Cinci was great back then no matter who we got back. Now it turns out to be a really great trade, especially if we keep Betts. I think Price will pitch better than any of us expect, then everything's great. We just have to wait and see what Dickers is going to complain about next and then we will talk about that.
    LOL!!! Friedman makes one trade and now no one had no reason to complain about for all of his dumbshit decisions in the past. Nice, Friedman is batting 100. And this team didn't have years of platoons and scrubs in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    LOL!!! Friedman makes one trade and now no one had no reason to complain about for all of his dumbshit decisions in the past. Nice, Friedman is batting 100. And this team didn't have years of platoons and scrubs in the lineup.
    That didn't take long.

By the way, nowhere in my post was I giving props to Friedman. I was just saying it was a great trade. You're getting yourself all mental patient like for no reason.

So far it is:

Red Sox:

OF Alex Verdugo (LAD)
    SS Jeter Downs* (LAD)
    C/IF Connor Wong* (LAD)

Twins:

RHP Kenta Maeda (LAD) (plus $2.5 million in cash over next four years for a total of $10 million)
    TBD (LAD) (Rosenthal suggests another low-tier prospect, unconfirmed)

Angels:

OF Joc Pederson (LAD)
    RHP Ross Stripling (LAD)
    OF/1B Andy Pages* (LAD)

Dodgers:

OF Mookie Betts (BOS)
    LHP David Price (BOS) (plus $16 million in cash over next three years for total of $48 million- unconfirmed)

RHP Brusdar Graterol* (MIN)
    OF Luke Raley* (MIN) (used to be a Dodger- was traded for Dozier back in 2018)
    67th overall pick in 2020 Draft (MIN)

IF Luis Rengifo (LAA)
    TBD (LAA) (different sources have it being 1-2 prospects from the Angels)

and Moreno's panties are wedged in....Angels deal falls through lol

Quote Originally Posted by bkt42 View Post
    and Moreno's panties are wedged in....Angels deal falls through lol
    That idiot better not give us some ball boy from single A.

According to Alden Gonzalez, the Dodgers backed out of the deal.

Says the Dodgers deemed it no longer necessary. My guess is that, if this is true, they werenít happy with Moreno acting like a baby and decided to keep the haul. Iím

What a **** show this has been lol.

Something else must be coming.

Everyone is confused on why we reportedly would have backed out of the deal, when really it makes perfect sense. I think the Dodgers were hoping to pull off all these deals and stay under the luxury tax. That became pretty hard once we sent $10 million to the Twins (my guess is they too were equally dumb as the RedSox and their confused medicals on Graterol- not realizing until late in the game that Maeda would get serious dough when used as a starter and not just $3.125 million) and extended Muncy. If we are going to be over the tax, why trade another weapon in Pederson and another starter/bullpen possibility in Stripling?? Especially to the Angels who aren't trading Adell and Marsh and their farm system is crap beyond those two. Hell, Pages would probably have broken into their top 5 lol

Call me greedy, but I just soon hang on to Joc. Now Friedman can go search for another power arm if he wants for that bullpen (lefty please) and dangle Hernandez/Stripling.....and still trade Joc if it is for a good one....or even better find someone to take Pollock's contract for about 7-10 million per (us eating about 15 million)....
    Last edited by bkt42; 02-09-2020 at 09:27 PM.

with the DH possibly coming to the NL next year, we may end up signing Pederson to a long term deal that pays him 10-12 million per year just to DH. Also that will increase our chances of paying Betters since he can DH late in his career when he will be making 30+ million a year.

Could be wrong but I get the feeling there is another big deal in the works.

Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast