Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Results 1,291 to 1,304 of 1304
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    So I don't know if anyone saw the rule changes this year, they've added the 3 batter min rule, which should signifigantly help Joc, because our line up is so evenly balanced, you can't just bring in a LH Reliever for just him (unless he represents the 3rd out) so he's going to see a lot more RH pitchers this season.
    Yup. It’s an interesting new dynamic that will dictate lineup balance. For example, I imagine he’ll be sandwiched by RH hitters as often as possible in games he starts; maybe the #2 slot between Mookie and JT. It also creates some interesting pinch hitting scenarios for him after a team does make a call to the pen.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m thoroughly enjoying Cody Bellinger ripping the Astros, Jim Crane, and Rob Manfred apart in the media. IMO, the players - all around MLB - should never let this die. The punishment certainly was “weak” and there was no deterrent of future actions.

The “apologies” were also weak, half-assed, tone deaf and arrogant. How do you so badly butcher apology statements by two players over a shared total time of only 90 seconds?

Crane, fires his GM and manager and should’ve kept his words about that to himself. The actions themselves would’ve spoken volumes. Instead, throughout this process, he has tried to vilify the estranged leaders to make the players look like victims, yet all of his finger wagging at Beltran, Cora, Lunhow and Hinch has only revealed one thing; while there are no victims on that squad, AJ Hinch was nothing more than an inept leader who served well as a scapegoat.

Bregman’s apology was ********. How is it that no one has latched on to this comment?

“...actions made by [1st] the organization, [2nd] my teammates, [3rd] and by me”.

He put himself 3rd on that list with intention, as if to suggest, ‘(1) it was ordered by Lunhow, (2) my teammates took advantage of it, and (3) I didn’t participate (or won’t admit that I did), but I should’ve spoken up about it’.

That is ********.

Then there’s the “remorseful” tagline. WTF is that? Who speaks that way? Apparently every Astros’ player, it seems. “I’m remorseful”, “I just feel remorse for what we did”, etc. This a huge F-up by the Astros’ PR department in an attempt to pair the word with the player’s action. It came off as entirely insincere and left the players and all their “remorsefulness” looking like fake, phony ****ing liars.

Then there’s this; which players cheated directly? Which players took advantage of “code breaker”? Did any of you hear anyone say anything at all that sounded like “I cheated and I’m sorry.” Nope. Not a single player. All apologies were hidden behind the vail of ‘what the team did in 2017’.

MLB says it was because of pressure from Beltran and Cora. The players essentially say that’s crazy; Beltran is a gentleman and no one was intimidated by him...

Let’s get this straight, MLB is painting the players as victims of Beltran and Cora. Jim Crane is painting the players as victims of Lunhow, and AJ Hinch. Yet, MLB’s report says Hinch was powerless and at least tried to deter it and the players themselves are saying they were willing participants who were not at all intimidated... yet no one is admitting fault or direct participation?!

This is a player scandal. Point blank. The players cheated. The players cheated. The players won awards. The players won a WS. The players got bonuses, marketing deals, contracts. The players hurt the careers of other players. And the players got away with it all unscathed.

Lastly, **** Altuve. What a smarmy little prick. He has a ton of egg on his face. Every time he opened his ****ing most yesterday I wished I had the superpower to teleport a punch through a TV screen.

“[MLB] didn’t find anything [regarding the buzzers], so what you’re saying is you don’t believe them”

His incessantly repeating 2017 was clearly a tactic designed to keep the focus on 2017 and deflect from cheating that undoubtedly has occurred through 2019.

I hope the Dodgers, especially the ones with 2017 tenure, use it as fuel all year and not let themselves suffer the victim mentality. This team is loaded.

**** Jim Crane
    **** Altuve
    **** Bregman
    And if you wanna be down with the Astros, then **** you too

“I wrote this song along time ago, a real long time ago.”

If you don’t get the references, they’re probably worth a google.

Some people are saying the Astros aren't sorry, that they're just sorry they got caught...

What people fail to understand is that being sorry you got caught IS A TYPE OF SORRY

Some people are saying the Astros aren't sorry, that they're just sorry they got caught...

What people fail to understand is that being sorry you got caught IS A TYPE OF SORRY
    The wrong type.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    The wrong type.
    Yes...But still A type!

According to Bill Plunkett, when Stripling thought he was headed to the same division, he answered yes he would ‘lean toward it’ when asked if he would consider throwing at Astros hitters

Being sorry you got caught isn't a "type of sorry"....it is misused slang that has an entirely different meaning.

Sorry about something means you actually have a feeling of remorse. I don't really sense that from any of these half-*** apologies.

And when you are truly sorry and have remorse than the victims (fans, other players, the game itself) should be able to feel your remorse....

Being upset because you didn't get away with it (got caught)- there is nothing remorseful about that and I wish the saying would go away...it should be: "they aren't sorry, they are just angry they didn't get away with it".....you could replace the word with numerous other adjectives (mad, upset, disappointed) that would leave the remorseful implication out of it....

And the lack of punishment to those ultimately responsible (players) will be a stain on the game for a very long time. They put a band-aid on it hoping it would go away and it was not only pathetic but also gutless and the integrity of the game deserved better
    Last edited by bkt42; 02-15-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Yes...But still A type!
    Yeah, like...

“hey guys, I bought a Telsa!”
    “You bought a Nissan Leaf...”
    “Yes, but it’s kinda like a Tesla”
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

Guys, Ciaban is being sarcastic
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

Dusty Baker was the perfect hire for the Astros. It might just be the only thing Jim Crane has done right during this whole scandal.

I mean, I personally love Dusty Baker. Who doesn’t? And that’s the point of the hiring; he is the perfect face-man to give the perception to the media that the Astros were serious about turning this ship around; righting the wrongs of the past, making amends with the baseball gods.

And what does Dusty get out of it? Well, he inherits a very talented roster (granted, the debate is now rightfully on regarding just how talented) and a chance at capturing the glory that has eluded him all of his managerial career; a World Series ring. It could be a great way for Dusty to change the narrative of his storied baseball career.

In his ideal scenario, Dusty would enter the season as a manager that couldn’t win in the postseason, and emerge a managerial legend who stepped into the middle of a scandal, flipped the culture on its ear, and showed the young boys the right way to win; with class, dignity, and honor. Winning a World Series in 2020 would be Dusty’s swan song.

And yet, I have a degree of empathy over his situation.

This man’s reputation is that of a great clubhouse manager with character to match; a positive culture cultivator who is highly regarded by all in the baseball world. He has also been fired from teams, not once but on two separate occasions, after 90 win seasons. He should’ve had opportunities these last few years to manage a baseball team - even one without as talented of a roster - that didn’t put him square into the spotlight of scandal.

Instead, Dusty Baker, on day one of spring training, was used as Jim Crane’s personal shield. Dusty’s presence, like his hiring, was intended to serve as a reminder that things are going to change moving forward, and to detract from the fact that the Astros’ 2017 World Series title was not earned.

Jim Crane’s entire theme; stop asking me about the past, we’re sorry, but what’s done is done. It didn’t effect the outcome, we won the World Series and we have Dusty here to ensure it’s done the right way in the future.

As such, it is now Dusty’s duty - in the midst of the backlash response to MLB’s lack of punishment and the whole organization’s insincere rehearsed apologies and usage of forced tag lines like “remorse” - has to stand up and ask the league to protect his players...

And that’s the position he’s in. Dusty has inherited a deeply talented roster chocked full of entitled, arrogant little boys who are vastly only upset because they were forced to apologize after being caught pulling off quite possibly the biggest heist in baseball history. And he is now tasked with turning around the culture in a clubhouse full of tone-deaf children who - largely thanks to Rob Manfred - now feel there are zero consequences for breaking the rules beyond the anger and embarrassment akin to that felt by a little brother who was forced to apologize after tugging on his sister’s ponytail.

And now Dusty has to stand in front of these arrogant little pricks, before the balls start flying in their direction, and ask the league to ensure that none of them get hit. Can’t blame him. That’s his job. But it ensures one thing - there will be no consequences for the actions of the Astros players. Carlos Correa is already telling the media that Jose Altuve never cheated and Cody Bellinger should “shut the **** up”.

Again, the Astros display arrogance, insincerity, and narrative that reveals truly how tone-deaf they really are over the whole scandal.

Dusty Baker is one of those guys that I’ve always liked, even when he was in the Giants’ dugout. I’ve always rooted for his success. This time, I sincerely hope he fails miserably.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 02-15-2020 at 04:03 PM.

So Correa is a cheater and a liar. MLB now says harsher penalties for pitchers who hit batters. This is weak Astros earned a Pete Rose treatment. Correa is acting how my kid would act when I caught him doing something wrong. Get loud and defensive. Obvious tell sign when someone is lying

The only way something could be done is if all the owners get together and put pressure on Manfred to take the WS tag away from the Astros. Let’s then see how much more remorseful the players would be. MLB probably has lost some fans because of this but we will see.

"The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

Hey guys what's the long term plan at SS going forward, I know the plan for 2020 is Seager at SS and Lux at 2nd, but what about beyond that? Are we moving Seager to 3rd? Are we letting him walk after 2021?

Hey guys what's the long term plan at SS going forward, I know the plan for 2020 is Seager at SS and Lux at 2nd, but what about beyond that? Are we moving Seager to 3rd? Are we letting him walk after 2021?
    Best guess is Seager at 3rd and Lux at SS. Turner would be an awesome DH if that gets passed.

"The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687