Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1308
    Neither Casey Sadler NOR Tyler White have any options left. With Nelson and Wood now into the fold, the Dodgers will be hard pressed to keep 12 pitchers as it is:

1. Walker Buehler
    2. Clayton Kershaw
    3. Kenta Maeda
    4. Julio Urias

5. Kenley Jansen
    6. Blake Tiernan
    7. Joe Kelly
    8. Pedro Baez

That is eight right there who are most assuredly to make the team. One spot will go to who wins the 5th rotation spot and they will keep at least one LH reliever- so that makes ten....

9. Alex Wood/Ross Stripling/Jimmy Nelson/Dustin May (5th starter)
    10. Scott Alexander/Caleb Ferguson/Adam Kolarek/Wood (LH reliever)

So that leaves two spots and all of them (Stripling, Kolarek, Alexander, May, Tony Gonsolin, Dennis Santana, Dylan Floro and Ferguson all have options)

That is why Sadler is gone.

Same can be said for Mr. White.

1. Cody Bellinger
    2. Justin Turner
    3. Max Muncy
    4. Corey Seager
    5. Joc Pederson
    6. Will Smith
    7. Alex Verdugo
    8. Gavin Lux
    9. A.J. Pollock
    10. Chris Taylor
    11. Enrique Hernandez
    12. Austin Barnes
    13. Matt Beaty

A new 26-man roster (with the chance that the Dodgers keep 14 hitters, no guarantee)... White at least has a better chance of sticking among a group of:

Edwin Rios, DJ Peters, Kyle Garlick, Keibert Ruiz and Zach McKinstry

Still, even with that said (unless White accepts a demotion), I give the chances of him remaining on the 40-man by the end of camp about zero....

https://mobile.twitter.com/BR_MLB/st...49626858770432

Give me Mike Clevinger. I love this dude now

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

Lmao... he didnít hold back

Your baby can't do this

Where is the sympathy for Dave Roberts? Many fans want him replaced, they view him as a manager that can't get it done. Well we now know he was cheated out of the '17 title.. It was no decision he made that cost the Dodgers that title. I see a lot of sympathy for CK, the team and the fans but not so much for Roberts. The whole thing is disgusting. I feel for you guys, sincerely.

-A Giants fan

Quote Originally Posted by JNumbers775 View Post
    Where is the sympathy for Dave Roberts? Many fans want him replaced, they view him as a manager that can't get it done. Well we now know he was cheated out of the '17 title.. It was no decision he made that cost the Dodgers that title. I see a lot of sympathy for CK, the team and the fans but not so much for Roberts. The whole thing is disgusting. I feel for you guys, sincerely.

-A Giants fan
    Thanks rush

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by JNumbers775 View Post

-A Giants fan
    Fans still want him replaced. Dave still made the mistakes that cost them the WS even with Houston cheating. Then Dave made the same mistakes the next postseason after making the same mistakes the previous two postseasons.

I give the chances of his name remaining in this thread by the end of camp about zero....

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

Eff batman, this dudes a superhero. I think now I would include Lux, just kidding.

We could've sent Chase Utley out a winner, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    thanks rush
    hahahahhahaahah

Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    We could've sent Chase Utley out a winner, that sucks.
    And Andre Ethier, and we probably lost Yu Darvish to free agency due to how bad he pitched in the world series, he said that he left in part because he didn't want his kids to get picked on due to his poor performance.

It will all be about protecting the players now (immunity wasn't needed), even if the Red Sox investigation turns out to be even remotely close as damning as the Astros one. Sadly, MLB doesn't seem to have a clue on how to repair the damage here. We will get to see player after player on both teams getting in front of the mic with sparse answers and no accountability whatsoever in what they did wrong. The only move that can and should be done here to even begin to repair the damage would be to strip the titles and take their trophies and rings....period. The chances of them doing that is nodda, unfortunately
    Last edited by bkt42; 01-19-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bkt42 View Post
    It will all be about protecting the players now (immunity wasn't needed), even if the Red Sox investigation turns out to be even remotely close as damning as the Astros one. Sadly, MLB doesn't seem to have a clue on how to repair the damage here. We will get to see player after player on both teams getting in front of the mic with sparse answers and no accountability whatsoever in what they did wrong. The only move that can and should be done here to even begin to repair the damage would be to strip the titles and take their trophies and rings....period. The chances of them doing that is nodda, unfortunately
    The whole thing feels like a cop out by Manfred. Itís being positioned as if immunity for the players paved the way for the cooperation necessary to hand out the ďharshĒ penalties the Astrosí Front Office received.

The reality is this; players were already coming out. There are MLB witnesses, who went directly to the media, that Iím sure weíre more than happy to help. Fans and social media have been able to expose evidence through MLBís own game feeds. MLB didnít need to offer immunity to the accused. He did it in hopes that everyone would let it go once he doled out punishments to the front offices.

Same reason heís not stripping titles away. If he puts a DQ next to the 2017 Astros, and/or the 2018 BoSox in the record books, it becomes a stain on his record as commissioner.

Kenesaw Mountain Landis didnít run away from scandal, he took it head on. When Landis took over as commissioner, he banned 8 players for life in the wake of the Black Sox scandal and it still lives on in infamy.

The way Manfred handled this one is as close as he could possibly get to sweeping it under the rug. Offering immunity to the players stifles the narrative that could result from a long term scandal, and leaving the record books as is minimizes the long term narrative of the cheating scandal until it becomes a distant memory.

Alex Wood said he would rather pitch to a juicer than someone who knew what was coming. Heís absolutely right. This is worse than using steroids. This is worse than a manager betting on his own team.

All of Baseball - Owners, coaches, players, fans, media; all stakeholders - should do everything they can to shame Manfred into doing more.

Titles should be stripped.

Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast