Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1330
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    Giving the world series title to us would be as meaningless as letting the asshoes keep it.
    The problem with giving us the Trophy is that all the teams the Astros beat have just as legit of a grievance. Taking it away is fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Agree completely!!!
    I'm glad you agree with yourself lol.

Diggs you make me laugh sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The problem with giving us the Trophy is that all the teams the Astros beat have just as legit of a grievance. Taking it away is fine though.
    My thoughts exactly. Taking away the astros title and giving it to the dodgers is unfair to all of the AL teams that Houston beat in the playoffs. I think the best case scenario is to just strip them of the title and not have a World Series champion for 2017, because I really believe they should not be allowed to call themselves champions

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I'm glad you agree with yourself lol.

Diggs you make me laugh sometimes.
    It's an inside joke. People would get it if I made a fake account to agree with myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Taking away the astros title and giving it to the dodgers is unfair to all of the AL teams that Houston beat in the playoffs. I think the best case scenario is to just strip them of the title and not have a World Series champion for 2017, because I really believe they should not be allowed to call themselves champions
    Yeah, it certainly could have been a Dodgers/Yankees WS had they not cheated.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

It's an inside joke. People would get it if I made a fake account to agree with myself.
    Your making inside jokes with yourself, lol that's pretty inside. I still love you bro.

BREAKING: Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) on Friday called for the House to hold a hearing into an ongoing cheating scandal in Major League Baseball (MLB) that has ensnared three teams so far, including the 2017 World Series Champion Houston Astros.ďAs you are aware, Major League Baseball is in the midst of a cheating scandal so serious that it has called into question the results of the 2017 World Series,Ē Rush wrote in a letter to three chairs of relevant committees and subcommittees.

ďI believe it is our ethical and moral imperative to investigate the Major League Baseball cheating scandal fully and to determine the extent to which this cancer has spread."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...n5MkO-k_3pL7q8

BREAKING: Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) on Friday called for the House to hold a hearing into an ongoing cheating scandal in Major League Baseball (MLB) that has ensnared three teams so far, including the 2017 World Series Champion Houston Astros.ďAs you are aware, Major League Baseball is in the midst of a cheating scandal so serious that it has called into question the results of the 2017 World Series,Ē Rush wrote in a letter to three chairs of relevant committees and subcommittees.

ďI believe it is our ethical and moral imperative to investigate the Major League Baseball cheating scandal fully and to determine the extent to which this cancer has spread."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...n5MkO-k_3pL7q8
    Iím finally paying taxes towards something I care about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Editing

Why do Friedman and his defending cheerleaders get so excited about players that get released or DFA? Hey, that guy bats over 285 and drives in over 80 runs and is still learning the game. Andy will say- "ya, but that guy hit 190 and plays multiple positions decently."

And that's the guy that builds a postseason roster. A postseason where there are games where Kike bats cleanup. Even after finishing the regular season where he's hit 190, 215, and 237.

I feel like Casey Sadler was actually a useful bullpen piece. Why didnít the dodgers DFA Tyler white instead of Casey Sadler? Especially with all this **** coming out right now about the asstros in 2017 which white was a member of.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I feel like Casey Sadler was actually a useful bullpen piece. Why didnít the dodgers DFA Tyler white instead of Casey Sadler? Especially with all this **** coming out right now about the asstros in 2017 which white was a member of.
    Tyler White is still on this team? Putrid. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Friedman collects players that have no business being in MLB, but his cheerleaders applaud him for these players.

2020 off season thread

Tyler White is still on this team? Putrid. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Friedman collects players that have no business being in MLB, but his cheerleaders applaud him for these players.
    I havenít heard any news on Tyler white, I think heís on the roster. Someone in here said that they thought he was a make a wish winner when they saw his first AB for the dodgers, lmfao.. That comment was spot on.

Your baby can't do this

I wonít rehash the arguments already made; the obvious is that we were cheated out of two WS titles and it sucks huge ***.

Iíve got a lot to say on the topic, but Iím going to dedicate this particular post to Clayton Kershaw.

Clayton Kershaw, in 2017, was having a legacy defining/altering postseason and was getting better as the playoffs were getting deeper. He didnít have a great go against the DíBacks in the NLDS, but he had a very good series against the Cubs followed by a dominant first start at home in the WS against the Astros.

In that game, CK tossed 7 innings of 1-run, 3-hit baseball, striking out 11 and not allowing a walk at Dodger Stadium. The series went back to Houston and we all remember what happened there; Clayton couldnít fool anyone. Weíd get a lead in the top of an inning, heíd give it up. Weíd get another, half an inning later it was gone again. This continued for 4.2 innings and when the dust cleared he finished with a line of 6 earned on 4 hits with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts.

But it didnít end with CK, that continued happening inning after inning to a stable of pitchers that had been, up until that point, very good. Brandon Morrow, who was largely an unsung hero for us that year, was tagged for 4 earned runs and 2 homers without registering an out. The final result; a 13-12 loss on a 2-out walk-off hit in the 10th inning. The team pitched 9.2 innings, 13r/14hits, 6ks/5bb, and 5 homers allowed.

The thing is, what has always made CK so devastating to opponents is the consistency of his delivery across all of his pitches - itís deceptive and keeps hitters guessing as to whatís coming. Itís why, despite lower velocity, heís been able to continue pitching like an ace these last few years.

Still, I remember watching game 5 and saying over and over again that I didnít know how they were doing it, but the Astros absolutely seemed to know what was coming; I know I was texting friends at the time, I mightíve even posted in this forum. Astros hitters laid off anything and everything that was just off the plate or just below the knees which is a lot easier to do when you know whatís coming, where it starts, and how itís going to break.

If that wasnít enough supporting evidence of cheating in that game, Clayton returned to pitch in LA for game 7 on only 2 days rest; 4inn/4k/2hits/2bb/0runs.

Removing game 5 from the equation, Clayton Kershaw registered the following numbers in the 2017 WS...

11 innings, 15ks/2bb, 4 hits, 1 earned run

Thatís good for a 0.81 ERA, 0.545 WHIP, and a 7.5 kís/bb ratio.

When we strip away game 5 in Houston, we are left with the undeniable fact that the Astros ****ed Clayton Kershawís legacy.

Clayton was cheated out of a World Series title in Game 5 of the 2017 World Series. Clayton Kershaw was cheated out of a potential World Series MVP award in game 5 of the 2017 World Series. Clayton Kershaw was robbed of a legacy defining narrative due to one game where the hitters he faced undoubtedly knew what was coming on every single pitch.

Manfredís failure to place a DQ next to the Astros in the 2017 record books is shameful to say the least.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 01-18-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast