Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Some of the players should have been suspended.

Cheating, no cheating, it doesn't matter. Dave is still an idiot whose decisions led to losses while making the same mistakes over and over again. Like Andy.

This is from Alden Gonzalez, and is exactly what I first said.

"I heard this from a few of the players I spoke with today: If you went back in time and told Astros owner Jim Crane that he could win the World Series but also suffer these penalties, he would probably make that deal, the players said. And that's really the sad part about this — the Astros cheated, and they still won, and reaped all the benefits from it, AND NOTHING CAN TAKE THAT AWAY."

As far as I'm concerned there is no penalty for cheating.

You can't disagree with that logic, but most certainly something could be done about it. No, it doesn't mean reward the teams or other players who were screwed by this behavior- but you could certainly punish those who were. We don't because we have become selfish, pretentious *******s- the lot of us- filled with greed. Players are defended by their cheating to get a leg up, etc.

What gets missed ALWAYS these days is the fans and by default the integrity of the game itself. Without which- the people making the "choices" to cheat or not, set the narrative, condone it or ignore it, set the punishment, etc- none of them would have a job...period.

Once you simply "slap a wrist" (which is all this punishment really amounts to much like the steroids scandal) you set a precedent for more bad behavior and justification in winning still meaning something when you do...

Truth is, both Luhnow and Hinch should have been fired PRIOR to the report coming out. Cora and Beltran should be fired now, not waiting for more fire to burn or the Red Sox "investigation" to conclude. ALL the players on that 2017 squad who were responsible should have to do apologies to the fans, and by responsible I mean even if they didn't partake but knew it was going on. Embarrassingly instead, MLB sends out a gag order......for the fans?? No. To protect the players and their money....

How is this any different than the collective group (2 of which didn't take bribes, 1 who was too dumb to know what was going on and 1 claimed not to have known anything about it) with the White Sox- all of which were banned for life? Not saying any of the players should face that severity of a punishment, but simply to hold them zero accountable? No, this isn't the way to go...

It goes to show how much integrity the game has lost because of money and greed. Very sad indeed, especially for our youth
    Last edited by bkt42; 01-14-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    This is from Alden Gonzalez, and is exactly what I first said.

"I heard this from a few of the players I spoke with today: If you went back in time and told Astros owner Jim Crane that he could win the World Series but also suffer these penalties, he would probably make that deal, the players said. And that's really the sad part about this — the Astros cheated, and they still won, and reaped all the benefits from it, AND NOTHING CAN TAKE THAT AWAY."
    Exactly what I was getting at too. On the flip side, if you go back and tell them that they would have their World Series title stripped from them if they cheated, then they probably would not have cheated.

This is exactly why no team in any sport should be allowed to hold the title of “champions” if they are caught cheating during that championship year. Make an example out of them for any other team that cheats. This obviously won’t completely prevent cheating, but it would definitely make teams think a lot harder about cheating than losing draft picks and getting minor fines would.

Your baby can't do this

The Astros and Socks should have had their World Series rings rescinded. Plain and simple. Only way to ensure this doesn't happen again. Who cares about the fines and guys getting fired.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Lesson learned Mr. Manfred, it pays to cheat.

Or..... instead of playing the world series we could auction it off every year. Every year in October every team submits the fine amount they are willing to pay, the number of front office employees they are willing to fire and the number of draft picks they are willing to lose. The deal Houston got shouldn't be good just for them. We wanna buy a world series too. Hold the phones Chuck, we could give every team a world series trophy and every teams a winner just like in little league. If Manfred's going to turn this into a joke we might as well all have fun with it.

Manfred just issued this statement. "Starting in 2021 all pitches will be illegal except for the fastball, problem solved."

Quote Originally Posted by bkt42 View Post
    You can't disagree with that logic, but most certainly something could be done about it. No, it doesn't mean reward the teams or other players who were screwed by this behavior- but you could certainly punish those who were. We don't because we have become selfish, pretentious *******s- the lot of us- filled with greed. Players are defended by their cheating to get a leg up, etc.

What gets missed ALWAYS these days is the fans and by default the integrity of the game itself. Without which- the people making the "choices" to cheat or not, set the narrative, condone it or ignore it, set the punishment, etc- none of them would have a job...period.

Once you simply "slap a wrist" (which is all this punishment really amounts to much like the steroids scandal) you set a precedent for more bad behavior and justification in winning still meaning something when you do...

Truth is, both Luhnow and Hinch should have been fired PRIOR to the report coming out. Cora and Beltran should be fired now, not waiting for more fire to burn or the Red Sox "investigation" to conclude. ALL the players on that 2017 squad who were responsible should have to do apologies to the fans, and by responsible I mean even if they didn't partake but knew it was going on. Embarrassingly instead, MLB sends out a gag order......for the fans?? No. To protect the players and their money....

How is this any different than the collective group (2 of which didn't take bribes, 1 who was too dumb to know what was going on and 1 claimed not to have known anything about it) with the White Sox- all of which were banned for life? Not saying any of the players should face that severity of a punishment, but simply to hold them zero accountable? No, this isn't the way to go...

It goes to show how much integrity the game has lost because of money and greed. Very sad indeed, especially for our youth
    Agree completely!!!!

12. 01-14-2020, 06:07 PM

So that Jim Crane douchebag was asked if he thought their world series is tainted and he said "absolutely not". Soooooo cheating is okay?

Josh Donaldson has just agreed to a 4 year deal to play in Minnesota.

-Hinch/Lunhow suspended by MLB for 1 year
    -Hinch/Lunhow Fired by Astros Ownership
    Astros Fined 5 Million and lose 1st/2nd round picks for 2 full years.
    Cora is fired by Red Sox(waiting on MLB to hand down the punishment).

Sadly this was a severe wrist slap. They should have banned Lunhow. Hinch should have been suspended for at least 2 years. Here's my thing about Hinch. He can easily just wait out the 2020 season, and get hired on in 2021. Manfred needs to make it known that Hinch's suspension will be activated once he is hired by any team. Astros owner claimed he knew nothing about the sign stealing, but you know he damn well did. MLB should have forced the Astros owner to sell the team. ***** THE ASTROS, and this weak *** "punishment".
    Last edited by rasajr23; 01-14-2020 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rasajr23 View Post
    -Hinch/Lunhow suspended by MLB for 1 year
    -Hinch/Lunhow Fired by Astros Ownership
    Astros Fined 5 Million and lost 1st round picks for 2 full years.
    Cora is fired by Red Sox(waiting on MLB to hand down the punishment).

Sadly this was a severe wrist slap. They should have banned Lunhow. Hinch should have been suspended for at least 2 years. Here's my thing about Hinch. He can easily just wait out the 2020 season, and get hired on in 2021. Manfred needs to make it known that Hinch's suspension will be activated once he is hired by any team. Astros owner claimed he knew nothing about the sign stealing, but you know he damn well did. They should have forced him to sell the team. ***** THE ASTROS, and this weak *** "punishment".
    Forcing the owner to sell the team might be a bit much. No proof that he knew so that's where it ends. My major problem is that one of the two needed to happen for me to feel at least a little better about this. One, they vacate the rings. Now I'm not saying they give them to us, I'm just saying take them away. If you don't do that then some of the players need to be suspended, for a good bit of time and at the same time. If it completely bones the asshoes 2020 season or even thereafter then that is what you get. At least you still have that ring that smells like poo.

Page 65 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast