Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bkt42 View Post
    Well, I think I know baseball pretty good and the only sure #2 better than what we have that was available in free-agency was Cole, and although we back loaded some of it- 8/300 is still a damn good offer. Would we have countered? IDK, but reports are we were never given the chance, as he wanted to be a Yankee. Maybe MadBum (a lot of postseason experience) would have been someone we should have went after, but he clearly isnt the same pitcher anymore and all signs pointed to him wanting to go to Arizona. Wheeler? He isn't there yet to write down as a #2.

So yes, it will be hoping Urias or May take that next step until the deadline where perhaps Syndergaard, Clevinger, Boyd or others are available.

Right now the cost is one of those two guys plus- and that is if they are even remotely available.

I think the focus shifts to like you said a RH power bat and perhaps one more bullpen arm.....
    It's not coming from Free Agency. If we get what we really need, it's coming from a trade, and my guess is that it comes in July and not before, but would love to be wrong about that.

There is no glory in winning anything by cheating. Nothing honorable or satisfying about it; if there is then you have become pretentious and are only making yourself look bad.

It is like Barry Bonds countless interviews saying he did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    It's not coming from Free Agency. If we get what we really need, it's coming from a trade, and my guess is that it comes in July and not before, but would love to be wrong about that.
    I agree as far as a another ace goes.....I still think we wind up with one of Bryant/Arenado/Donaldson/Betts or Lindor before we hit camp (or possibly someone I am not thinking of like Marte)....

Quote Originally Posted by bkt42 View Post
    There is no glory in winning anything by cheating. Nothing honorable or satisfying about it; if there is then you have become pretentious and are only making yourself look bad.

It is like Barry Bonds countless interviews saying he did nothing wrong.
    I disagree. I'm pretty sure that Boston and Houston players are still pretty happy they are the champions. In 20 years no one will know they cheated, but they will know who won the world series in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    I disagree. I'm pretty sure that Boston and Houston players are still pretty happy they are the champions. In 20 years no one will know they cheated, but they will know who won the world series in 2017.
    Thatís hard to believe nobody will know they cheated in 20 years...I mean Dodgers fans alone will know they cheated, Iím assuming of course that all Dodger fans donít die before that 20 year timeline you self imposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Thatís hard to believe nobody will know they cheated in 20 years...I mean Dodgers fans alone will know they cheated, Iím assuming of course that all Dodger fans donít die before that 20 year timeline you self imposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People still know about Rose and know about the Blacksox.....and yes, pretentious people are everywhere- but deep down the honorable ones absolutely hate that they won a championship that way.

The irony of all ironies: The main culprit on both was drafted by the Dodgers and couldn't hit a lick but we kept him do to his defense and clubhouse presence.....without which he probably never becomes a field manager much less an actual one.....

2020 off season thread

#2017AsstrosCheat
    #2018RedSacksCheat
    #NeverForget

Your baby can't do this

Youíre kinda right, I bet everyone involved with the asstros and red socks are thrilled that they cheated and got to keep their rings. Thatís why I think they got a light punishment.. No players were disciplined even though the players participated, so why only discipline the managers? The whole tram cheated so punish the whole team by making them forfeit their chip

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Youíre kinda right, I bet everyone involved with the asstros and red socks are thrilled that they cheated and got to keep their rings. Thatís why I think they got a light punishment.. No players were disciplined even though the players participated, so why only discipline the managers? The whole tram cheated so punish the whole team by making them forfeit their chip
    Honestly bro, I'm not happy with any of this. I absolutely would not be happy if we won a world series this way. When I said we should start cheating I was obviously kidding. Make no mistake I am pissed off that we might've lost a couple of world series because both teams did what they did. That slap on the wrist only makes it worse. So they lost draft picks, that team is so stacked it won't matter for a few years anyway. They can still trade and sign free agents, they'll be fine. That Crane a hole is worth 2.5 billion, that 5 mil is like 20 dollars to any one of us. It's a slap on the wrist, small price to pay for a world series when you've waited 50 years for one. Crane firing Hinch and dude means nothing, just trying to make people think he cares. It doesn't make him look any better in my opinion. I think we got screwed and I think it sucks.
    Last edited by Bmu15; 01-13-2020 at 09:22 PM.

I kinda wonder how their fans feel right about now.

Honestly bro, I'm not happy with any of this. I absolutely would not be happy if we won a world series this way. When I said we should start cheating I was obviously kidding. Make no mistake I am pissed off that we might've lost a couple of world series because both teams did what they did. That slap on the wrist only makes it worse. So they lost draft picks, that team is so stacked it won't matter for a few years anyway. They can still trade and sign free agents, they'll be fine. That Crane a hole is worth 2.5 billion, that 5 mil is like 20 dollars to any one of us. It's a slap on the wrist, small price to pay for a world series when you've waited 50 years for one. Crane firing Hinch and dude means nothing, just trying to make people think he cares. It doesn't make him look any better in my opinion. I think we got screwed and it think it sucks.
    Now this I agree completely Jimbo

Honestly bro, I'm not happy with any of this. I absolutely would not be happy if we won a world series this way. When I said we should start cheating I was obviously kidding. Make no mistake I am pissed off that we might've lost a couple of world series because both teams did what they did. That slap on the wrist only makes it worse. So they lost draft picks, that team is so stacked it won't matter for a few years anyway. They can still trade and sign free agents, they'll be fine. That Crane a hole is worth 2.5 billion, that 5 mil is like 20 dollars to any one of us. It's a slap on the wrist, small price to pay for a world series when you've waited 50 years for one. Crane firing Hinch and dude means nothing, just trying to make people think he cares. It doesn't make him look any better in my opinion. I think we got screwed and I think it sucks.
    Exactly

Your baby can't do this

The more you hear about this, the worse it gets for me. I was pissed about the cheating when it first came out, but I didn't really think it made the difference between us winning or losing the series. Now, especially in 2017, how can you not think that way? The series went 7 games with 2 into extra innings (both we lost). Houston was 8-1 at home and 3-6 on the road during that postseason, and their home/road splits for the individual batters are obscene. We absolutely got screwed out of that championship.

I am sure almost anyone associated with Houston or Boston is fine with it, especially the fans. They have their World Series and fandom has an amazing way of turning someone blind to the obvious. Any other fan or anyone associated with baseball outside of those organizations has to feel differently - players were adversely affected, for some I am sure it was to the point that it impacted their very livelihood. The Players' association can't be thrilled about all that. Yu Darvish had a couple really good starts for the Dodgers in the Divisional and Championship rounds of the postseason in 2017. He got rocked in the World Series - in hindsight, I can't help but connect those dots.

The Dodgers were dominant in 2017 and we rolled through the playoffs with 1 loss, prior to the Houston series. We left Chicago having absolutely crushed them in the NLCS.

As Dodger fans, all of us have waited too long to have another World Series - we argue and ***** about the different reasons why it hasn't happened. I argue about the state of the organization and am proud of the direction the team has taken in recent years to be perpetually competitive. Others on here feel differently - that's fine, and that's what being a fan is all about. I almost never complain about the umps, or the referees in other sports, or scheduling, or all of the other things that are outside of the control of the team or the scope of the game itself. This is different. I'm pissed and I feel cheated.

Even if they arenít gonna give the title to the runner up, the team that cheated their way to win a championship should never be allowed to keep it. In a way, itís encouraging cheating by not taking away a world championship title from a team that cheats.

Just look at the patriots for example, the NFL has been giving them a slap on the wrist for years and they keep cheating to win championships.

Your baby can't do this

Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast