Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 240
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    This is what I call a face plant, bruh. Rendon is a better hitter than Manny. Show me someone else that is available that has been averaging 25hr, 100 rbi's, and batting over 300 for the past few seasons? Rendon has become one of the game's best hitters since he hit his prime in 2017 and keeps the strikeouts under 90 which means he also has some productive outs in him which is what this team needs the most in October. Rendon and Turner manning the corners of the infield is legit.
    I never suggested Rendon isn't good, I was pointing out that he's not significantly different from Manny (who hasn't hit his prime yet)
    While I don't really care about RBI's Manny has been doing that.

    And if you want another...well there is Mookie Betts who could be available for trade.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Iím all for keeping koralek if heís used strictly as a lefty specialist. Lefties just canít hit him, thatís useful if used correctly. His splits suggest that heís terrible against righties so hopefully Dave doesnít start to experiment
    There really is no reason we can't have more than one good LHR

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    32,359
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    There really is no reason we can't have more than one good LHR
    For sure, but is this drew pomeranz willing to move to the bullpen full time? I donít know too much about him tbh but I do know starters get paid a lot more than relief pitchers

    Your baby can't do this

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    For sure, but is this drew pomeranz willing to move to the bullpen full time? I donít know too much about him tbh but I do know starters get paid a lot more than relief pitchers
    He's not a good Starting pitcher though.

    He'll get paid more to be a full time reliever.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I never suggested Rendon isn't good, I was pointing out that he's not significantly different from Manny (who hasn't hit his prime yet)
    While I don't really care about RBI's Manny has been doing that.

    And if you want another...well there is Mookie Betts who could be available for trade.
    We had Manny, in the postseason, and by all accounts made zero effort to re-sign him. Not only did he put up mediocre numbers, but the larger the stage, the bigger the douchebag he became. Also, "Mr. Hustle" wanted that long term contract that the Dodgers have been well known to try and avoid. Machado is a peacock - that is exactly what we DON'T need in this clubhouse.

    If your argument is that there are talented 3rd basemen other than Rendon, I will give it to you. My point is that, across the board, Rendon is a perfect fit for the Dodgers, from what I have seen so far. Unlike Harper, he doesn't have a couple outlier seasons that have skewed his career stats. He is consistently good, and by all accounts, is open to a 4-5 year deal which is what we need.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    We had Manny, in the postseason, and by all accounts made zero effort to re-sign him. Not only did he put up mediocre numbers, but the larger the stage, the bigger the douchebag he became. Also, "Mr. Hustle" wanted that long term contract that the Dodgers have been well known to try and avoid. Machado is a peacock - that is exactly what we DON'T need in this clubhouse.

    If your argument is that there are talented 3rd basemen other than Rendon, I will give it to you. My point is that, across the board, Rendon is a perfect fit for the Dodgers, from what I have seen so far. Unlike Harper, he doesn't have a couple outlier seasons that have skewed his career stats. He is consistently good, and by all accounts, is open to a 4-5 year deal which is what we need.
    Manny carried a .810 OPS and .811 OPS in the NLDS and NLCS, we don't beat the brewers without him.

    Us making no effort to sign him speaks more to how cheap our Front Office is.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    14,001
    The Three Stooges:

    Tom Niedenfuer
    Jonathan Broxton
    Clayton Kershaw

    Guaranteed postseason chokers

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Manny carried a .810 OPS and .811 OPS in the NLDS and NLCS, we don't beat the brewers without him.

    Us making no effort to sign him speaks more to how cheap our Front Office is.
    Is this a joke? How many players have we resigned for significant dollars? How many FA did we offer that ended up taking larger offers or longer term deals? You don't think it's strange that there were zero rumors about us offering for Manny when we have had talks about every other free agent out there?

    The Dodgers are not going to sign anyone to a 10 year deal. That doesn't make them cheap, it makes them smart. They wanted nothing to do with Manny.

    Again, I am trying to understand what your point is. Do you think Rendon would not help this team?

    FWIW...Manny's career postseason stats you neglected to post (6 series total)... .213 .268 .382 (650 OPS)
    Last edited by sonofdad; 10-21-2019 at 08:51 PM.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    We had Manny, in the postseason, and by all accounts made zero effort to re-sign him. Not only did he put up mediocre numbers, but the larger the stage, the bigger the douchebag he became. Also, "Mr. Hustle" wanted that long term contract that the Dodgers have been well known to try and avoid. Machado is a peacock - that is exactly what we DON'T need in this clubhouse.

    If your argument is that there are talented 3rd basemen other than Rendon, I will give it to you. My point is that, across the board, Rendon is a perfect fit for the Dodgers, from what I have seen so far. Unlike Harper, he doesn't have a couple outlier seasons that have skewed his career stats. He is consistently good, and by all accounts, is open to a 4-5 year deal which is what we need.
    He played fine while he was here, and we wouldn't have beaten the Brewers without him.
    The "bad attitude" nonsense seemed really overblown by the media.
    The dodgers being unwilling to offer a longterm contract to ANYONE isn't his fault. Is it going to be Rendon's fault if the dodgers don't offer him a long term contract? What about Cole or Strausberg? Are they peacocks? I just don't see why were applying extra blame to Manny here for a symptom of the ownership.
    IDK if it's "by all accounts" there are some rumors that he'd be interested, but we'll see.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    18,938
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    They wouldn't be blocking lux, in this situation Lux is the SS and Muncy is the 2nd basemen.
    I don't see the Dodgers trading Seager nor do I really think that's a good idea.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I don't see the Dodgers trading Seager nor do I really think that's a good idea.
    It depends on what the offer is...though they wouldn't consider it until AFTER they sign Rendon, otherwise like you said it's not really worth it.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    Is this a joke? How many players have we resigned for significant dollars? How many FA did we offer that ended up taking larger offers or longer term deals? You don't think it's strange that there were zero rumors about us offering for Manny when we have had talks about every other free agent out there?

    The Dodgers are not going to sign anyone to a 10 year deal. That doesn't make them cheap, it makes them smart. They wanted nothing to do with Manny.

    Again, I am trying to understand what your point is. Do you think Rendon would not help this team?

    FWIW...Manny's career postseason stats you neglected to post (6 series total)... .213 .268 .382 (650 OPS)
    The only player they've offered a contract close to what Manny got was Clayton Kershaw, they cheeped out when it came to resigning Grienke, allegedly the giants had the second highest offer.
    Us not being interested in offering a 25 yearold a 10 year contract has more to do with us than with him.

    Your trying to make the fact we didn't go after Manny an indictment on him...which as you say the dodgers don't offer 10 year contracts...their smart...well, that's not on Manny, I don't know how you can say on one hand that it's good they don't offer players 10 year contracts, and then on the other hand make it an indictment on manny that we didn't offer him a 10 year contract.

    Most of those series he played we with the Orioles, I was only commenting on his time IN LA. My point was he was fine as a dodger and I don't get the hate by some on here towards him.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,832

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The only player they've offered a contract close to what Manny got was Clayton Kershaw, they cheeped out when it came to resigning Grienke, allegedly the giants had the second highest offer.
    Us not being interested in offering a 25 yearold a 10 year contract has more to do with us than with him.

    Your trying to make the fact we didn't go after Manny an indictment on him...which as you say the dodgers don't offer 10 year contracts...their smart...well, that's not on Manny, I don't know how you can say on one hand that it's good they don't offer players 10 year contracts, and then on the other hand make it an indictment on manny that we didn't offer him a 10 year contract.

    Most of those series he played we with the Orioles, I was only commenting on his time IN LA. My point was he was fine as a dodger and I don't get the hate by some on here towards him.
    Once again, you're wrong on all counts...

    The Dodgers have, in just the last couple of seasons, spent money on re-signing/extending Turner, Jansen, Kershaw, Hill - players that produced for them, through which they very much acquired intimate knowledge of their ability to help the team, in their specific roles for the term of that contract. They did not re-sign Greinke, but they offered him big dollars (5 years, 155MM, the cheap bastards) - Arizona offered more and he made it clear he was going to the highest bidder. Good for him, and good for the organization to not go beyond what they deemed as their limit - that's what organizations do when they are not dealing from a position of desperation. They offered him a great deal, and Arizona topped it...fine, move on.

    The front office was also very aggressive two years in a row in landing what most considered to be the top two trade deadline candidates in Darvish (17), and then Machado (18). They were NOT aggressive in trying to sign either one of them because neither of them turned out to be what the organization hoped they would be. You want to view either of those as cheap, so be it. I don't want either of them on our roster.

    Your original argument was that Rendon wouldn't help this team, and that somehow Manny was the same fit, if not better based on his age. Manny played the same number of series with the Dodgers as he did with the Orioles. 3 each. Stop making it sound like he lit it up for us in the playoffs. He had good NLDS, and NLCS and completely disappeared in the WS. That's not opinion, it's fact and it's easily found by taking 2 minutes to research.

    Then your argument switched to the Dodgers as being a cheap organization. I think both of those perspectives are laughable. I'll take Rendon over Machado on the field and in my clubhouse, and I believe the Dodgers are spending quite well to field a sustainable product that will win a championship - didn't happen this year, but it will happen. You seem to be advocating that we would be better off if we foolishly offered long term deals to the biggest names, that this would someone be evidence of our commitment to winning or that it would push us over the top. I disagree.

    Short sighted and emotional response to a heart breaking end to the season - not a recipe for sustained success or organizational depth, but carry on.

    I don't really think you have a point - you just want attention and someone to argue with you. I'll leave my points as I've posted. I'll let you carry on with your regularly scheduled gibberish.
    Last edited by sonofdad; 10-23-2019 at 12:46 PM.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    The writer of this piece is brutally honest... lol http://www.thinkbluela.com/2019/10/d...-role-will-be/
    Wow..interesting article. Before the postseason, I didn't want to see him on the roster, and I would have never said that a year ago...thinking we need all the reliable/experienced arms we can get in the bullpen, but he has dropped off the table in that regard. I really hope he does opt out - great for the Dodgers, but probably not a good career move for him. If he sticks around, I think we'll be eating that salary and paying for someone that might not throw a high leveraged pitch for us in the future.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •