Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mils and Perry Thread

I think it's fair to start to criticize the front office starting this season as everybody on this roster outside of Frank was brought in by them and they picked the head coach

So far the roster construction seems weird

Its unfathomable that mills hasnt been fired after signing timmy to that contract, after we got rid of him the first time.

Just to use to KP as tradebait to get rid of timmys contract that you just handed out.

How mills still has a job is beyond me, maybe some of the delusionals here can explain this insanity.

This has to be rank among the top ever in knucklehead front office moves. How can any gm still have a job after that?

Imagine you own the knicks.

Knicks owner: so whats your plan?

And mills is sitting at your desk rdy to tell you his plan: and tells you our cap space is screwed because i overpaid a player that we got rid of before, but i overpaid him and brought him back because im clueless.

So im gonna trade KP who wants to leave because he hates me and doesnt believe me.

And im gonna force whatever team that trades for him to take timmy, instead of getting more draft picks, ill take salary relief.

But its ok because once we have cap space, ill get 2 max contacts.

Oh my bad, no max players wanted to sign here, i messed up again. But yo, i got taj and payton.

Knicks owner: your doing a great job, you can keep your job.

Lmao at the delusionals who defend this atrocity of a franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Imagine you own the knicks.

Knicks owner: so whats your plan?

And mills is sitting at your desk rdy to tell you his plan: and tells you our cap space is screwed because i overpaid a player that we got rid of before, but i overpaid him and brought him back because im clueless.

So im gonna trade KP who wants to leave because he hates me and doesnt believe me.

And im gonna force whatever team that trades for him to take timmy, instead of getting more draft picks, ill take salary relief.

But its ok because once we have cap space, ill get 2 max contacts.

Oh my bad, no max players wanted to sign here, i messed up again. But yo, i got taj and payton.

Knicks owner: your doing a great job, you can keep your job.

Lmao at the delusionals who defend this atrocity of a franchise.
    Sounds like a plan

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM I SEE is that there is not one player we signed or traded for that is as good as Hardaway at the moment. Randle should be on par with Timmy or a little better, but we could have signed Randle even if we didn't trade KP.

I really do hope DSjr makes some kind of jump this season or the KP deal looks worse and worse by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    THE BIGGEST PROBLEM I SEE is that there is not one player we signed or traded for that is as good as Hardaway at the moment. Randle should be on par with Timmy or a little better, but we could have signed Randle even if we didn't trade KP.

I really do hope DSjr makes some kind of jump this season or the KP deal looks worse and worse by the day.
    that would be something, forget KP,,, what if THJR is even better than DSJR? now DSJR cant even get on the court. really hope he plays the next 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    that would be something, forget KP,,, what if THJR is even better than DSJR? now DSJR cant even get on the court. really hope he plays the next 2 games.
    Funny thing is, we traded KP, THJ, Lee, and Trier for DSJ.

We traded 4 players who didnt need a "shot doctor" for a guy who does.

LoL, this team is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Funny thing is, we traded KP, THJ, Lee, and Trier for DSJ.

We traded 4 players who didnt need a "shot doctor" for a guy who does.

LoL, this team is something else.
    Did you take the Hot Tub Time Machine and go back to throw Trier into the deal? Anyway, why is it when people rip the trade (personally I wait to see how they turn out but I get that isn't the age we live in) they don't mention the #1 picks we received? Or the cap space?
    Last edited by Blue Seats; 10-12-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Did you take the Hot Tub Time Machine and go back to throw Trier into the deal? Anyway, why is it when people rip the trade (personally I wait to see how they turn out but I get that isn't the age we live in) they don't mention the #1 picks we received? Or the cap space?
    This is exactly right... the front office did everything that they could do. KP hasn't wanted to be here since before his injury, since he no showed to Phil Jackson's exit meeting and triangle mini camps. If anyone is to blame it's Phil. With all that said, I'm glad we traded the injury prone diva. We got a really good younger prospect in DSJ that most Knicks fans wanted in the draft(another Phil screw up), shed some bad contracts which made room available for star FAs whether they decided to come here or not... that's not the Front office fault.

Knicks fans are just butt hurt that KD and Kyrie don't like NYC enough to play for the Knicks... I get it but don't throw Perry and Mills under the bus because what they did do in FA this summer was excellent when you look at the options.

We are still prejudging the team too early... we are 1-1 in preseason and fans are posting negative FO posts already? WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Because its peanuts for a player of KPs caliber, and the 1st round pick could be complete trash, and the other pick is top 10 protected, and we dont even know if dsj is good enough to be our long term starter.

If stars in their late 20s are worth 5-7 1st round picks, plus multiple young players, than whats a star who is only 24 worth?

A lot more than the peanuts we got, thats for sure.

And yeah i dunno how trier got in there, my bad.

MILLS!!! CAN'T ACCESS COACHING OR TALENT and values friendship and nepotism over winning.

Msg and the suits make to much money and the fan base is so loyal that any excuse made is acccepted. The best thing to happen for the Knicks would be if the Nets actually took over the town by building and winning and get the back page of the newspaper. We would then see drastic changes on how the Knicks are run
    Last edited by nicnac; 10-12-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Both Mills and Perry are assurances that the owner is very much in control of things.

Since 2003 Native New Yorker, Steve Mills has had every job at MSG from hot dog vendor to Front Office executive with the New York Rangers (despite never playing hockey, nor being able to skate). He started with the Knicks during the Glory years of the Isiah Thomas regime. He is the very definition of a stooge for James Dolan.

Mills' highest priority was to save face. He basically made Phil Jackson out to be the scapegoat. His signing of Tim Hardaway Jr was a signature move that Phil was wrong. KP was ostracized from the Knicks. Frank Ntilikina was sent to a gulag. While Phil didn't do the Knicks any favors; the Front Office was really in Civil War.

All Detroit proud, Scott Perry was hired by Mills after the Knicks' available cap space was given to Tim Hardaway Jr. Basically Perry was forced to nickel and dime his way till the Knicks could sign some talent.

When the Knicks' game plan to humiliate KP and use him to move all the dead salary in order to clear the space and sign Durant + one backfired d/t divine intervention...Perry had a vision: 2003 Detroit Pistons reborn.

These guys are not players that Mills, Dolan, NOR Fizdale envisioned. Hence the 2 year deals.

Hence either Mills, Perry, or Fizdale are getting fired at the end of this season. Count on that.

Fiz Perry and eventually Mills will all get fired but Dolan will still be here so expect scapegoat hiring to continue. Dolan doesn't give a **** about fans he has zero care about what they think the guy only looks at the Knicks as easy money in prime location robing ppl in daylight for two decades now. As long as Dolan is around Knicks will remain joke of the NBA you can forget about the glory days now the Knicks game plan is how to make fast money for as little to no work possible that means trade for only cap space, draft once a year, hire scapegoats.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Can someone just explain what is our style of play? Are we trying to play 80s and 90s basketball in 2019? Why do we have so many non shooters in a league that values shooting (3pt). Too many inefficient, one dimensional players. What the hell are they doing?

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Can someone just explain what is our style of play? Are we trying to play 80s and 90s basketball in 2019? Why do we have so many non shooters in a league that values shooting (3pt). Too many inefficient, one dimensional players. What the hell are they doing?
    So Morris who shoots well, Trier who shoots well, RJ whose shot looks good for a rookie, Ellington and Portis who shot 39% from 3 last season doesn't add better shooting than the team had last season?

Did you know that Bradley Beal only shot 35% from 3?

The Knicks did improve their shooting this season

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast