Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 175 1231151101 ... LastLast

ALCS NY Yankees @ Houston Astros Oct. 12 - 15

The matchup between the Astros (107-55) and the Yankees (103-59) will pit the teams with the best and third-best records in baseball, respectively, against each other. It will also put a pair of musclebound offenses on a collision course as the Yankees’ dominant bullpen looks to outshine Houston’s best-in-the-game rotation.

The Astros won the regular-season series between the two, four games to three (outscoring the Yankees, 39-37). Houston has the home-field advantage in the series, and it looms large. The Astros logged a mighty 60-21 home mark during the regular season.

It’ll be unsurprising to learn the two teams which combined for 210 regular season victories don’t have many inefficiencies to exploit. Houston was a bit more on the money with regard to Pythagorean record and run differential vs. support analytics, but that gets canceled by New York’s depth and the Yankees being a tad more battle-tested and successful against top teams.

Both clubs effectively use analytics to squeeze out every advantage on offense and defense. To that extent, the advanced scouting going into the series will be of monumental impact.

Sat, Oct 12 • 8:08 PM EDT

ALCS Game 1

Masahiro Tanaka
    RHP
    11-9, 4.45 ERA, 149 SO

Masahiro Tanaka's postseason success makes him a natural choice to start Game 1 of the American League Championship Series for the New York Yankees. Tanaka gave up one run on three hits with seven strikeouts in five innings of New York's 8-2 win in Game 2. He's been historically excellent in the playoffs with a 1.54 ERA and 20 hits allowed over 35 innings. The Japanese star held the Astros in check over two starts in the 2017 ALCS with two runs allowed in 13 innings.

Zack Greinke
    RHP
    18-5, 2.93 ERA, 187 SO

Zack Greinke will start the AL Championship Series opener. Greinke allowed six runs in 3 2/3 innings of his ALDS Game 3 start against Tampa, a night before Game 1 winner Verlander pitched on short rest and lost Game 4. Cole struck out 10 in the decisive Game 5 on Thursday night after 15 strikeouts to also win Game 2.

Sun, Oct 13 • 8:08 PM EDT

ALCS Game 2

(0-0)

James Paxton
    LHP
    15-6, 3.82 ERA, 186 SO

Paxton will start Game 2 of the ALCS against the Astros on Sunday, Chandler Rome of the Houston Chronicle reports. Paxton didn't appear to be at his best in Game 1 of the ALDS against the Twins, surrendering three runs while fanning eight over 4.2 innings, but the Yankees would emerge with the victory. He'll follow Masahiro Tanaka in the rotation for the ALCS.

Justin Verlander
    RHP
    21-6, 2.58 ERA, 300 SO

The Rays bombarded Verlander for three runs in the first inning a Tommy Pham solo homer and RBI singles from Travis d'Arnaud and Joey Wendle. Verlander would also serve up a solo homer to Willy Adames in the fourth. Verlander was unable to complete the fourth inning. His final line: four runs on seven hits and three walks with five strikeouts on 84 pitches across 3 2/3 innings. Tuesday marked Verlander’s shortest postseason start of his career. His 33 game score is tied for his worst in the postseason along with his Game 1 start in the 2012 World Series against the Giants.

Tue, Oct 15 • 4:08 PM EDT

ALCS Game 3

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    20-5, 2.50 ERA, 326 SO

Gerrit Cole dominated the Tampa Bay Rays for the second time during the American League Division Series as the Astros beat the Rays 6-1 at Minute Maid Park on Thursday, winning the best-of-five series 3-2. Cole held the Rays scoreless over 7⅔ innings in a Game 2 Astros win. His 15 strikeouts in that outing were just two shy of Bob Gibson's record for a postseason game. His 25 strikeouts overall in the series broke the record for the division series round, breaking the mark of 22 held by Verlander and Stephen Strasburg. Gibson (27) is the only postseason pitcher to strike out more hitters in consecutive outings. Basically, Cole just never allowed a momentum-based Rays offense to get started while he was on the hill.

Luis Severino
    RHP
    1-1, 1.50 ERA, 17 SO

Luis Severino put some demons to rest with his dynamic performance against the Twins in the Yankees’ series-clinching win in Game 3 of the ALDS. When Severino takes the mound again he’ll have another strong postseason outing on his résumé after having to answer for his ugly outing against the Twins in the 2017 wild-card game as well as his dud in Game 3 of the ALDS against the Red Sox a year ago. Facing the Twins, Severino got into — and out of — a bases-loaded, no-out situation in the second without allowing a run and got another important strikeout to end the third with two runners on.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

This series will be over in 5.

Masahiro Tanaka vs the Astros

Three career playoff starts, 2.00 ERA, 0.89 WHIP

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Masahiro Tanaka vs Astros – since 2017 ALCS (5 starts)

W-L 1-1
    ERA 2.32
    BB/K 5/20
    BAA .200
    HR 2

*3 ER or fewer and 6+ IP in all 5 starts (2 ER or fewer in 4 of the 5 starts.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Position player roster.

Umpires announced for ALCS: veteran Jeff Nelson will serve as the crew chief. Nelson’s crew will consist of Dan Bellino, Cory Blaser, Mark Carlson, Kerwin Danley and Bill Welke, who will be behind the plate for Game 1.

7. 10-11-2019, 08:50 PM

Hicks should have taken Voit's spot. Leaving Wade off was stupid.

Includes the channels.

10. 10-11-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Hicks should have taken Voit's spot. Leaving Wade off was stupid.
    Wade is quite handsome. I agree.

Leaving wade off is beyond dumb.

This will cause us to lose a game.

Mark it down.

Wtf do you need Hicks and Maybin for?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I mean, realistically we have no shot to beat the Houston and Nats rotations.......would that be unfair?

I’ll bet anyone here $1,000 we don’t.

Who’s in???

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Leaving wade off is beyond dumb.

This will cause us to lose a game.

Mark it down.

Wtf do you need Hicks and Maybin for?
    100%
    You know damn well there will be a time late in a game when we need a speedster to punch run for someone andddddd he won't be on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    100%
    You know damn well there will be a time late in a game when we need a speedster to punch run for someone andddddd he won't be on the roster.
    It’s unexplainable.

We have to do damage at that park.

Maybin and Hicks are fast themselves tho. So, while I somewhat agree. I don't see as much of an issue as yall.

Page 1 of 175 1231151101 ... LastLast