Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Tank Bowl 2019 - Miami vs Washington

The last time two winless NFL teams met in Week 6 was 15 years ago in 2004 between the Buffalo Bills and (shocker) Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins ended up winning that Tank Bowl by losing the game. This helped them secure the following yearís #2 overall draft pick so they could flush it down the aquarium drain on running back Ronnie Brown.

In Tank Bowl 2004, both the Bills and Dolphins entered Week 6 with a combined point differential of -67 points. This yearís Washington Redskins point differential alone is -78 through the first five weeks. The Miami Dolphins clock in on record pace with a -137 point differential, despite already having their bye week.

For some perspective on how bad the two teams have been this year, the 0 Ė 16 Browns of 2017 held a better point differential of only -47 after five weeks. The next worst point differential in NFL history after the first five weeks belongs to the 1963 St. Louis Rams (-128) followed closely by the 1923 Oorang Indians (-125).
    Dak: 12,999 @ 66.7%, 7.6 per att, 79 TD, 32 INT
    Wentz: 11,801 @ 63.4%, 7.0 per att, 83 TD, 32 INT

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I hope Miami loses so when they play the Bengals on prime time they're both 0-14ish.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Iím hoping for a tie. 0-0

Your baby can't do this

Flushed their pick down the toilet drafting Ronnie Brown? Only with hindsight, not at the time
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I'm sure that Bill Callahan will get the team motivated to win this one, but a win is really a loss here. Both teams should be trying their hardest to lose this one.

the problem with teams tanking is the players ON those teams are rarely on board with the idea

.....and tanking is just one of many reasons I all but ignore the NBA anymore
    ............granted, it would take more than that for me to ignore football, but still, it's a horrible development
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    the problem with teams tanking is the players ON those teams are rarely on board with the idea

.....and tanking is just one of many reasons I all but ignore the NBA anymore
    ............granted, it would take more than that for me to ignore football, but still, it's a horrible development
    I always put my issue is the players donít want to put bad tape out there. But when the coaches want to tank in football, itís easy for them to purposely call bad plays that puts out less than favorable tape.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I always put my issue is the players donít want to put bad tape out there. But when the coaches want to tank in football, itís easy for them to purposely call bad plays that puts out less than favorable tape.
    Coaches aren't tanking either. They have just as much at stake as the players. Look at hue Jackson. That dude is probably never going to get a head coaching gig again. No chance any coach is intentionally losing games.

Tanking starts at the front office. They can indicate which players should play/start and they control the roster talent. But beyond that, no one in the org is trying to lose games.