Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins the AL Pennant?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • New York Yankees

2 33.33%
  • Houston Astros

4 66.67%
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    A rebuild? No.

Payroll
    2017 - $138,709,677
    2016 - $103,328,742
    2015 - $81,450,835
    2014 - $51,679,490
    2013 - $35,567,913
    2012 - $54,547,239
    2011 - $85,574,503

Purposely tanking year after year for a decade while they just racked up first overall picks Always below average payroll and near the bottom of every MLB club. Yea what an admirable organization /s
    Oh the humanity! It's almost like this is an excellent way to build a winner when ownership doesn't let you spend $200MM every single season.

Seems more like you're jealous that they're on the cusp of their second championship in the last three years, while the Yankees haven't won one once this decade.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Yea the type to put ignorant posters in their place. Just avoid me if you don't know baseball. Stick to babbling by the water cooler.
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    This has gotten comical. First yeah the Astros will take some hits, but that lineup is not going anywhere, and they still have very capable starters coming back. If Cole leave they can just use half the money he would have cost and spend it on the bullpen. They may not be WS good, but I still think they are a strong playoff team.

Second, not really sure why the Yankees fans already think they are a lock for Cole or the AL East next year. Redsox offensive isn't going anywhere, and the pitching just went through absolute worst case scenario, plus I don't see the Rays going anywhere either.

Astros should be the favorites, but you can't sleep on the Nats, their SP are extremely capable, and they do have an offense, and an offensive that doesn't K a **** ton like the yanks. Should be a good WS.

What do Verlander, Porcello, Sanchez, Scherzer, David Price and JD Martinez have in common? They were all on the 2014 Detroit Tigers, and all in the last two WS
    It definitely wasn't the "worst case scenario" for the Sox rotation. They started the year with Eovaldi as their #2 starter. With very little pitching depth and an awful bullpen. What'd you expect?

Going forward they're looking to cut payroll.

Rays are legit but its just them and the Yankees in the AL East for now.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh the humanity! It's almost like this is an excellent way to build a winner when ownership doesn't let you spend $200MM every single season.

Seems more like you're jealous that they're on the cusp of their second championship in the last three years, while the Yankees haven't won one once this decade.
    How many teams have won a WS this decade? I don't expect a World Series, sorry. I know my team always has a shot at it though. They're not going to tank for a decade and not put money into their team, thats what lousy organizations do who are not good for baseball. Soon as that window closes on them you'll see them go back to the same old Astros. No one will be talking about how admirable they are then.

How many teams have won a WS this decade? I don't expect a World Series, sorry. I know my team always has a shot at it though. They're not going to tank for a decade and not put money into their team, thats what lousy organizations do who are not good for baseball. Soon as that window closes on them you'll see them go back to the same old Astros. No one will be talking about how admirable they are then.
    Yeah but y'alls problem is quality starting pitchers

I just like how he used "not spending a lot and tanking for high draft picks" as NOT being a rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    I just like how he used "not spending a lot and tanking for high draft picks" as NOT being a rebuild.
    Its easy when you live in that bubble. The Yankees don't rebuild so some of their fans don't understand the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah but y'alls problem is quality starting pitchers
    We have very quality starters. Paxton, Tanaka, Severino, German. Not many teams can match that. I'm not gonna pencil in Cole just yet.

And I guess its the fans of teams like the Mets that admire the Astros organization so much. We know the Mets organization is bottom of the barrel.

Yankees are top of the food chain so we don't admire others. Yankees haven't had a losing season since '92

See you all next year when Yankees are back in it

We have very quality starters. Paxton, Tanaka, Severino, German. Not many teams can match that. I'm not gonna pencil in Cole just yet.

And I guess its the fans of teams like the Mets that admire the Astros organization so much. We know the Mets organization is bottom of the barrel.

Yankees are top of the food chain so we don't admire others. Yankees haven't had a losing season since '92

The astros can

What I mean is that you guys have great pitching but you guys don't have enough because you keep trying to stack your team full of hitters when you should be more focused on stacking the pitching rotation especially if you're trying to get back to a WS

It definitely wasn't the "worst case scenario" for the Sox rotation. They started the year with Eovaldi as their #2 starter. With very little pitching depth and an awful bullpen. What'd you expect?

Going forward they're looking to cut payroll.

Rays are legit but its just them and the Yankees in the AL East for now.
    I mean ignoring reality isn't going to win the yankees the 2019 world series, or any going forward.

Sale
    Price
    Eovaldi
    E-Rod

They need a number 5 SP, bullpen help is obvious. They are looking to cut 208 million. For 2020 they are looking at 152 million before arb. So 25 million for Betts, 10 million for JBJ, 6 Million E-Rod, 7 million for rest. That is 48 million. You are at 200 million there.

That assume Pedroia doesn't retire 13.8 MM and JD doesn't opt out 22 MM. If Pedroia does retire and JD opts out. They essentially have around 40 million to use to still stay under the luxury tax (which is all the owner wants).

Sox aren't going anywhere, neither are the Astros or the Rays
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

[emoji91]

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    I mean ignoring reality isn't going to win the yankees the 2019 world series, or any going forward.

Sale
    Price
    Eovaldi
    E-Rod

They need a number 5 SP, bullpen help is obvious. They are looking to cut 208 million. For 2020 they are looking at 152 million before arb. So 25 million for Betts, 10 million for JBJ, 6 Million E-Rod, 7 million for rest. That is 48 million. You are at 200 million there.

That assume Pedroia doesn't retire 13.8 MM and JD doesn't opt out 22 MM. If Pedroia does retire and JD opts out. They essentially have around 40 million to use to still stay under the luxury tax (which is all the owner wants).

Sox aren't going anywhere, neither are the Astros or the Rays
    Okay and the Yankees what make you guys so confident that you guys will win the World Series next season especially when you guys lost to those same Astros not just this year but in 2017? They took you guys out twice in 3 years with relatively the same teams and better yet what makes you so sure Cole will leave Houston and especially to go to New York? A team who he beat...that would be a weak *** move if he does that

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    The astros can
    Ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    What I mean is that you guys have great pitching but you guys don't have enough because you keep trying to stack your team full of hitters when you should be more focused on stacking the pitching rotation especially if you're trying to get back to a WS
    Yea its just hard to find good SP, especially that can handle NY. They got Sonny Gray on a great deal, he profiled as a solid #2. He came to the Yankees and was one of the worst SP in baseball. Send him to the Reds and he's an all-star stud again.

I didn't like Corbin for NY and for the money he got paid. They instead got a great deal on Paxton. I don't think they'll let themselves get outbid for Cole, whether its enough for him to sign here or not. Yankees have put more focus on developing their own starters or acquiring them through trades which they've had some success with.

Look at the Astros, Verlander (trade) - he was looking done and making a lot of money. Astros worked magic with him Greinke (trade) we all know hes one of those starters that wasn't an option for NY. Cole (trade) Pirates chose the Astros instead of the Yankees for a trade. They could've had Clint Frazier instead they chose garbage that Houston offered. Yankees still could've got the deal done but screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    [emoji91]
    haha yup basically. Thinking the Astros are going anywhere or the Sox are somewhat laughable. Yeah you can't win the WS every year, but each team has a pretty high floor. **** the sox sucked *** compared to last season and had a winning record, its the nature of the game
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast