Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins the AL Pennant?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • New York Yankees

2 33.33%
  • Houston Astros

4 66.67%
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I don't understand why sign stealing is an issue and warrants an investigation? If the team can decipher the signs, that's an advantage. Do better at masking signs.
    Doesn't bother me at all if they're able to figure it out by something the pitcher is doing or whatever. Good for them.
    If a team is using technology to steal signs, that's not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Doesn't bother me at all if they're able to figure it out by something the pitcher is doing or whatever. Good for them.
    I agree with all of this.

Yanks will come back and win this series.

Moar baseball.

Something else for the babies to cry about. THE YANKEES WIN!!!!!

LFG! LFG! LETS GO YANKEES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yanks will come back and win this series.
    One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Hoping NYY takes tonight's game and I'm not just saying that because I took their moneyline.
    $$$$$$$

Fire Luke Walton

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    Something else for the babies to cry about. THE YANKEES WIN!!!!!

LFG! LFG! LETS GO YANKEES!!!!
    Ill see you tomorrow.

You admire Astros organization because they tanked for years to gather top picks? They're a trash organization. They do great with pitchers, great for them. They're not an organization to be admired.

Did you like when Yuli Gurriel mocked Asians for the shape of their eyes? Justin Verlander is a douche.

Bregman, Correa, and Cole are all very likeable.

Anxiety and depression are 2 very different things. Please don't ever again put those in the same sentence as if heckling for anxiety is the same as heckling someone for having depression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Anxiety can be crippling. It forced Greinke to miss a season of baseball. It obviously can be a serious health issue, just like depression.
    Greinke has dealt with both anxiety and depression. Yankees fans heckled him about both.

I'm all for heckling but obviously, in a family environment, there's a line and I assume that at least the fan that was ejected crossed it. Who knows what precisely was said but I'd like to think the Yankees handled the situation to the best of their ability. Man oh man would it suck to get kicked out of a playoff game before it even started though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-disorder/amp/

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

You admire Astros organization because they tanked for years to gather top picks? They're a trash organization. They do great with pitchers, great for them. They're not an organization to be admired.

Did you like when Yuli Gurriel mocked Asians for the shape of their eyes? Justin Verlander is a douche.

Bregman, Correa, and Cole are all very likeable.

Anxiety and depression are 2 very different things. Please don't ever again put those in the same sentence as if heckling for anxiety is the same as heckling someone for having depression.
    I guess this will make it all the more painful for you when the Astros knock the Yankees the **** out of contention this weekend. Your subsequent meltdown, if you actually pop your head in here after this happens, should be quite enjoyable.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Yankees security can be pretty strict about people acting like hooligans. We're talking about like 2 people of 30,000. I don't care much either way. F Greinke, F the Astros, Go Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Astros are being accused of using technology (probably multiple cameras) to steal signs.

SI's senior writer thinks it's fine even with technology. "If you're not cheating, then you're not trying." Jim Rome

'"Its not a new argument, but if the Astros are stealing signs, their opponents just need better signs. Its as simple as that. If your code is easy to crack, the problem is on you, not the codebreaker.

I dont think its any secret they do it," a source told the New York Post this week. They bang pipes (to relay signs). We have heard they have cameras around the park and that some way of communicating originates from their bullpen. Just look at their home record.'

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/...61vkzuue5cd3q5

My take is MLB has rules against using technology to steal signs, so if THE ASTROS gets caught, then they should pay a $50,000 fine and lose multiple draft picks. I suppose that is some consolation if the series doesn't go to game 7.

"Major League Baseball Regulations do, however, prohibit the use of electronic equipment during games and state that no such equipment 'may be used for the purpose of stealing signs or conveying information designed to give a Club an advantage.' Despite this clear Regulation, the prevalence of technology, especially the technology used in the replay process, has made it increasingly difficult to monitor appropriate and inappropriate uses of electronic equipment."

So pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    They charged at him over anxiety.

It's not clever, it's not okay, and it's just plain stupid.

and it wasn't just playful jabbing. They were so bad that they got thrown out over it.
    Do fans know the difference between heckling and attacking someone with a mental illness? I hope none of those dumb *** Yankee fans who were chanting at him have to suffer from anxiety or depression one day. Coming from someone who had a cousin and a good friend commit suicide from severe depression (one of which I was in the other room when it happened), it disgusts me when I see fans make light of it.

It's immaterial how much money Greinke makes as well. That has nothing to do with a person's well being emotionally.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-19-2019 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    So pathetic.
    I agree. Using technology to steal signs is extremely low-class and goes against the integrity of the game. Not what I'd call an admirable organization. Pathetic, indeed.

Also, Jim Rome is a total clown lol

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast