Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins the AL Pennant?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • New York Yankees

2 33.33%
  • Houston Astros

4 66.67%
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    So.
    If they don't win this year, it could be quite a wait until they win again.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    If they don't win this year, it could be quite a wait until they win again.
    Oh they're gonna win.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Probably? Consider that McCullers has missed all season because of TJ surgery. And the Stros had a pretty damn exceptional No. 4 starter in Miley before he fell apart in September.

If they get back McCullers at his pre-surgery level amd are capable of adding a decent fourth starter, their starting rotation could actually be deeper next postseason.

Also, I'm not ruling out that they find a way to sign Cole. If they move Greinke and Reddick, that's around $35ish million right there. It's definitely not impossible.
    Lotta big if with McCullers and moving Grienke and Reddick, and while he's a pretty solid #3...he's not Gerrit Cole, that's who he'd be replacing.
    Grienke is making 35 million all by himself, and who is going to take all of Reddicks 13 million he's owed?

The real question is how Forrest Whitley rebounds and develops.

The big question is how good

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Oh they're gonna win.
    IDK the Nats are rested, and they're playing great.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Who says he even wants the big bucks he could take a discount to stay in houston. I know it's not common but some dudes do it.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
    His agent Scott Boras might feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    Wow what a sad person you are. Nobody taught me to troll properly? It wasn't a troll. Your problem is your lack of baseball knowledge.

1. Assuming McCullers returns to form... He pitched 128 innings in 2018 and just missed an entire season. Returning from TJ surgery at 26 years old and you're counting on him to "return to previous form" and be a guy who could step to replace the loss of Cole (the best pitcher in baseball) And Wade Miley...lol

2. Moving Greinke. He's going to be 36 years old and owed $32M/yr for the next 2 years. You really must be new to baseball if you think they can move him in the offseason. Dodger's have learned from past mistakes and no one else is that stupid.

3. When have the Astros ever committed big money long-term for a free agent? They're also not going to want to go way over the luxury tax. We'll see, but I say right after that there's no reason for anyone to be thinking about next season. Astros are in World Series why think about whether they'll sign Cole right now? That seems like a troll to you?
    The comment about moving Reddick is what got me...no one is taking his 13 million off the books just to be nice to houston.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm not sure the Astros are willing to come close to anything Cole eventually gets from the Yankees, Angels, etc. If they could, he might but I doubt they will. This is Cole's opportunity to strike. I'm sure the bottom dollar is his priority.
    The lack of state tax will help the Astros stay competitive...but still.

7. 10-20-2019, 02:23 AM
    Reason
    Baiting

The lack of state tax will help the Astros stay competitive...but still.
    It hasn't helped the Rangers. At the end of the day, the luxury tax is still calculated the same and the Astros have to worry about the repercussions of going over.

Sure, lack of a state tax can close the gap financially some but it all depends on how competitive an offer the Astros make.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-20-2019 at 02:38 AM.

I just got home. Wasn't going to waste a Saturday night watching an MLB game that took over four hours and a bullpen game yet.

Congrats to the Astros and their fans!!! That is a great way to get into the World Series with a walk-off bomb by hometown here Jose Altuve. I'm short, too, at 5' 9", so he is a good guy to hit the bomb and get into the Series.

Hey, spliff, too bad it didn't go to game 7 or else I was waiting for you to bet me on Cole. Fantasy season is over, but I can get the software to work.

I'll be rooting for the Nats to win it all tho. Go for the underdog to win it all at least once, especially when Bryce Harper left like the way he did. I hope it goes seven and Astros don't use technology to cheat.

Should they get an asterisk for their ALCS win???!!!???!!!

Nah, I'm kidding. The Stros won it unless MLB finds something in their investigation. Regardless, they won't take away the W.

Why would I ever bet against Cole?

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Cause of the rater. He's suppose to get bombed in game 7. Game 1 is different, so will have to check it then.

IDK the Nats are rested, and they're playing great.
    Wanna bet me?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    why the inappropriate remark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mets fans get offended too easily.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    He was destined to be cold, sir. Gotta check those fantasy rankings too.

--meant to post in the Series thread--
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 10-20-2019 at 03:41 AM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
    Cause of the rater. He's suppose to get bombed in game 7. Game 1 is different, so will have to check it then.
    Further proof that your "rater" is worthless.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast