Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    lol you just said war makes excuses for Ben. He asked when and you go back to guessing it was last season. amazing.
    he is pushing off the offensive concern because he was putrid defensively.... yes i can point to a ton of times where war defended ben simmons in game threads to many other people not just me.... there is no concern for ben simmons unless its offensive because he constantly puts us at a disadvantage offensively... tell me where any of this is wrong? i will wait. Tell me if ben simmons after 3 seasons has made any offensive progression? tell me who our biggest offensive issue is year after year and who makes our offense so much harder because he refuses to do one simple thing?

worrying about his defensive lapse against a small/quick guard is insanely hilarious because that will be fixed with the type of style ben plays defensively and who we are missing.. there is no concern for ben simmons except he is for the 4th time a center playing PG. That is how bad this has gotten where he works all off season on shooting and has taken no actual shots through 6 games in the sport of basketball....

yet lets try to push aside that insane offensive handicap by covering it up and worrying about a defensive lapse against a quick guard without the best defensive center in basketball.... totally legit.

think about how ****ing insane this is

[O'Connor] Aron Baynes is owning for the Suns. Last night in a game the Sixers needed Ben Simmons to step up with Embiid out, Baynes put the clamps on Simmons. On the season, Simmons is shooting only 40% in the half-court, 56% from the line, 3-for-14 on post-ups, and still hasn't tried a 3.

[Hoffman] Phoenix sagged against Simmons, defended him with a center and cut off his driving lanes. The fact that there doesn't seem to be much of a plan from both the player and team to combat this strategy is not an encouraging sign.

we are so handicapped its not even funny and the record is irrelevant because we are going to run into this **** in the playoffs... him jacking up a 3 and maybe going 1-4 would be more ideal with our team then him posting up and missing just from a rebound stand point... we are tall as **** and him clogging up the lanes taking soft away from the basket shots only means our other tall players that can actually shoot are forced outside for space thus rebounds lost in this scenario.... our team is shackled offensively and its all ben simmons.

he was put in the dunkers spot the entire 4th quarter last night and was left just standing around doing nothing... he wont shoot and most importantly when he tries to post up he goes up soft because he is scared to go to the line...... my god
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-05-2019 at 05:14 PM.

I would love to see it pointed out where I said I wasn’t concerned please.

Yes I’m concerned about the offense. But at the same time I don’t need to spew the same crap over and over to seem smart and relevant to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

I’m more concerned though that he abandoned defensive assignments, jumped passes he shouldn’t have, and switched when he shouldn’t have. Especially when it’s something he doesn’t normally do.

His offense is generated by his defense and when he sucks on the defensive end I can point to a crappy offensive night. With or without Embiid, this team should be stout enough defensively to win even scoring “only” 109 points. But when your near All-NBA Defensive team player decides to not play good defense you will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I would love to see it pointed out where I said I wasn’t concerned please.

Yes I’m concerned about the offense. But at the same time I don’t need to spew the same crap over and over to seem smart and relevant to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

I’m more concerned though that he abandoned defensive assignments, jumped passes he shouldn’t have, and switched when he shouldn’t have. Especially when it’s something he doesn’t normally do.

His offense is generated by his defense and when he sucks on the defensive end I can point to a crappy offensive night. With or without Embiid, this team should be stout enough defensively to win even scoring “only” 109 points. But when your near All-NBA Defensive team player decides to not play good defense you will lose.
    so wait... ben simmons defense has sucked without joel embiid???????? and that is concerning? have you not watched simmons at all ever? i will say this again he doesnt play well defensively against short/fast guards and that will only be amplified without embiid because there is no help once they blow by ben like they do... his defense is nothing to be worried about it has always and will always be his offense period.... he has not gotten better at all offensively since his rookie year.

Lol. Parrot the same things over and over. No originality.

He’s doing things defensively this year that he hasn’t done. Leaving his man. Jumping lanes.

But I guess you can suck on defense as long as you score. [emoji3577]

Lol. Parrot the same things over and over. No originality.

He’s doing things defensively this year that he hasn’t done. Leaving his man. Jumping lanes.

But I guess you can suck on defense as long as you score. [emoji3577]
    no need to be original when what is being said is flat out true... i know facts annoy the **** out of you... again they played 2 games without joel embiid and in both games ben has sucked defensively and in both games he went against fast guards who are smaller then him and can blow by him..... yet these 2 games are more concerning to you then ben simmons and 3 years of refusing to shoot lmfao.... adorable.

dont worry i am sure he will take a jumper by year 6.... it just takes time amirite?

And in both games he played different defense that what he normally does and out fast break opportunities were down and his offense struggled.

Good defense makes Ben a better offensive player.

And in both games he played different defense that what he normally does and out fast break opportunities were down and his offense struggled.

Good defense makes Ben a better offensive player.
    the best defense in the world couldnt make ben a better offensive player... just stop.... i dont give a **** what he does until he takes an actual nba ****ing shot holy ****.... its old now dude and you are clueless.... he plays **** defense against fast guards without embiid and you are more worried about defense over his offense even though his offense hasnt improved at all since he has been drafted?????? gtfo... you are flat out delusional... just move on... nobody gives a **** about bens defense because we understand basketball and all that has mattered is HE HASNT IMPROVED.... but its cool... joel is coming back to carry and ben doesnt have to show any offensive game outside of 7 feet until welp ever.

The fact that you can’t even have a discussion on anything other than “he can’t shoot” is telling. Alright. [emoji3577]Sixers board.

The fact that you can’t even have a discussion on anything other than “he can’t shoot” is telling. Alright. [emoji3577]Sixers board.
    the fact that he can play a season without shooting or 3..... is telling

6 games without a legit shot but yes lets be concerned about defense after 2 games without joel embiid.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    the fact that he can play a season without shooting or 3..... is telling

6 games without a legit shot but yes lets be concerned about defense after 2 games without joel embiid.
    lets give it a rest now

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    lets give it a rest now
    3 seasons..... his shooting isnt 6 games... see the problem? he stated if he is open he would take them and he has not... at all.

welp you guys win... i wont post in here anymore....i got a mod so worked up over ben simmons that he actually wanted to infract me in our home area for dodging the filter calling horkmaz kork ****.... i have been in the lakers area/packers/eagles/cowboys and so on and watch filters get dodged left and right and because someone gets so butthurt they actually try to throw around their power that they went out of their way to report something so silly... congrats

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast