Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperCover View Post
    So the 4th is the only time players need to score? Stop just being a constant hater. Just be a fan and STFU
    No bro, you need to STFU.

Where in that post did he suggest that 4th quarter is the only quarter he needs to score?
    Before you start telling people to STFU at least get some comprehension lessons.

Just in case you still don't tell it this is what MTM is saying,
    In the 4th quarter where you need production from your star players Simmons goes MIA.
    You don't think that is a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post

Where in that post did he suggest that 4th quarter is the only quarter he needs to score?
    Before you start telling people to STFU at least get some comprehension lessons.

In the 4th quarter where you need production from your star players Simmons goes MIA.
    I agree and understand what MTM is saying. We don't have any closers. Butler was our closer last year. (Still hurts that he is gone) but with Embiid hurt Simmons needs to get going. It goes for everyone who is on the floor come the 4th quarter. Get production from everyone.
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

Would the Sixers even entertain the idea of trading Ben? I Like Simmons a lot but I have my concerns with him and Embiid together on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Would the Sixers even entertain the idea of trading Ben? I Like Simmons a lot but I have my concerns with him and Embiid together on the floor.
    not now... after this season if we fail sure we should entertain moving on from 1 of the 2 in joel and ben... right now we need to try and trade for cp3... if that doesnt work go get rose...

as for the other guy that says my hate for ben... i just explained my take... if you are fine with ben just being an all star then no big deal but ben has superstar/top 5 player potential and settles to letting other guys do the work in big situations or forces them to improve.... again tonight ben simmons was amazing but it was a ton to do with the team giving him space over him as a pg etc giving the team space because he refuses to shoot..

here you go.. amazing game but take a look at our main issue

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comm..._is_what_peak/

that is just insane and sad and shame on the lakers for allowing it but good for us... i do not hate ben simmons.. i love his insane defense and everything else but i dont expect ben simmons the all star not with his skill set.. i want ben simmons top 3-5 player in the world and he will never make/take that jump if he refuses to get better with shooting/fta and becomes a passer in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post

Why is scoring the only production that matters? He actually generated a decent amount of points in that time through defense, rebounds, and assists.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Why is scoring the only production that matters? He actually generated a decent amount of points in that time through defense, rebounds, and assists.
    again its the skill set... how many of his assists were just the drive spin/pass to a covered guy for a stupid shot that goes in the 4th? in the 4th teams clog lanes and tighten the defense more and he becomes really ineffective and again he is still an all star talent even with that... when we drafted ben did you expect all star or the next lebron? now he wont be the next lebron but with this dudes skill set he can be a superstar if he got better in game and he doesnt.... in the 4th the team does everything in their power on offense to either help or cover up for ben and ben does everything in his power to leave it on his teammates and that to me is just wrong when he could be a top 5 player... the defense is amazing no doubt... but you cant score 15 points in 9 games without joel with 2 of those games being 11 of those 15 points... thats 4 points in 7 games when we need scoring and we def need the scoring because we go on like 4 plus minute fg drouts... now whatever has gotten in him over the last like 4 games he is aggressive and i can live with that nomatter if it doesnt equate to outside or 10 foot jumpers because he is now making his fts which would be huge for the playoffs... this is all about playoffs... if ben is limited to 4 points in the 4th against much better teams in 7 games we are ****ed nomatter who goes off.

also ben has been an insane defender this year and defensively joel has still been better... ben gets **** on for not shooting but we ignore his 4th quarter lack of scoring... joel gets **** on for not going inside and we ignore him not being able to live inside because he is doubled because of ben... joel is not great offensively this year and its because of the spacing no doubt yet because he is a top 7 or so player we are starting to wonder why he cant carry in the post season because of his talent but ignore bens talent in the process even though ben as very good as he is is the number 1 defensive force stopping joel embiid in the nba... think about our expectations and how we have them for joel but are ignoring the insane disgusting selfishness of ben simmons and that selfishness is why he stinks with scoring in the 4th quarter because the lanes clog and ben will never ever go outside of his comfort zone but our 7 foot 2 monster keeps openly stating he will and he will do whatever for them to help them win..... its a joke

Can we trade Horford for Harrison Barnes? Hydro would be dying at that suggestion, but the reality is he doesn't fit with Simmons or Embiid at all. Not my ideal trade or position -- realistic though?

Let's hope the Thunder don't sell off everyone and still make the playoffs..we desperately need that additional first this year
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 02-02-2020 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Can we trade Horford for Harrison Barnes? Hydro would be dying at that suggestion, but the reality is he doesn't fit with Simmons or Embiid at all. Not my ideal trade or position -- realistic though?

Let's hope the Thunder don't sell off everyone and still make the playoffs..we desperately need that additional first this year
    if we trade him it legit needs to be for cp3 or something... if we cant trade him then we should look to trade Joel this off season if we fail miserably... Id keep joel over ben but not now that we are achored with horford... its a shame we had colangelo forced on us and now elton tbh... if we lose early in the playoffs brown needs to go and we need to make some really tough decisions in terms of joel/horford/ben.... just pathetic.

we were suppose to play bully ball and use our size etc..... yet we play like the rockets but without the shooters... Our bigs yet again shot 10 3 pointers..... ITS THE SYSTEM... we chuck 3s and turn it over and we cant win on the road... If we can dominate at home and stink on the road and our system sucks why/how is that not a coaching issue? Nationally televised game tonight they showed BS coaching his team out of a timeout followed by brett coaching the sixers.... BS was like a noble prize winning professor teaching his people while brown was like a 4th grade gym teacher... Why is this so hard?

-brett brown... 2 minutes left in the 3rd down like 20.... um um there is a lot of time left.. a long game left... we need to um match their intensity .... GOOD JOB COACH.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 02-02-2020 at 05:15 AM.

This team is so frustrating on the road. It is the same story every road game - piss poor defensive, continue to jack up & keep missing 3s and questionable coaching.

hey guess what... we suck on the road and the night before a big game our 4 top players are all partying at the superbowl... amazing right? news destroyed them over it here in philly saying they all lack a winners mentality and at this point they aint wrong sorry. Get smacked by the celtics... go down to the heat and party up at the superbowl... totally legit while we sit in 6 and likely finish outside of the top 4 spots in the east

no accountability on this team at all from top 2 bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    if we trade him it legit needs to be for cp3 or something... if we cant trade him then we should look to trade Joel this off season if we fail miserably... Id keep joel over ben but not now that we are achored with horford... its a shame we had colangelo forced on us and now elton tbh... if we lose early in the playoffs brown needs to go and we need to make some really tough decisions in terms of joel/horford/ben.... just pathetic.
    I can't see CP3 as an option unless it's a three team trade, Thunder have no use for Horford.

Agreed though..no idea how they settled on Elton Brand who had almost zero experience to handle the assets that were still available. It's pathetic how poorly those assets were used and the end result as a middling team that doesn't fit together.

Brown will have until the playoffs, but a poor showing would almost certainly end his time here.

heat have 3 point shooters galore... we do not.... we have taken 8 more 3s so far lololololololol. How many times out of the half do we watch the other team make adjustments and we do NOTHING?

keep chucking them 3s boys while butler/dragic go down and run offense.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast