Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    You guys crack me up. A line up that was inconsistent at best on the year and had the most embarrassing NLCS and we are losing our best bat and you dont see regression? Ok
    You think Ozuna was our best bat?

wRC+
    Edman - 123
    Goldie - 116
    Ozuna - 110
    Wong - 108

I think we'll be fine.

We could literally replace Ozuna with Kevin Newman of the Pirates and see nothing lost.

For guys that cite batting average a lot, it's odd to see Ozuna's .243 and then say he was our best hitter.

Losing Ozuna isn't an issue in the slightest. I wouldn't be surprised if Carlson could play everyday right now and do that.

Yes, the offense was inconsistent this year, and some guys really under performed (Goldie, Carpenter, Martinez, Molina, to name a few). But shouldn't that make you excited about the potential of improvements and how easy they should be to make? We were in the NLCS with a league average offense. Shouldn't make it hard to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    Thats just not true, as we have seen it here. It was a great year but we've seen bats come and go, be servicable to good for a year or two then fall off a cliff and be out of the game or get moved and find themselves again, away from whatever we do here.

They may not regress, the prospects may be legit but we have literally seen player after player be it position player or pitchers regress once they go around the league a couple of times.
    Yes, that happens every now and then. Also... every now and then a player like Edman comes out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I think we are a solid 90 win team, with the offense subject to the most volatility. We have a lot of players next year that will answer a lot about them moving forward depending how they play.

I dunno if we are going to get a MOTOB. But I can see us doing something with the outfield/maybe a third basemen of some form, and maybe one pitcher.

And we are likely a 90 win team again next year, but it might be good enough to win the division again. Cubs and Brewers don't have room to do much either. So next year very well could look like this year again.
    So... if you think we're a 90 win team, and not adding a MOTOB... I would guess we're viewing the team very similarly.

You guys crack me up. A line up that was inconsistent at best on the year and had the most embarrassing NLCS and we are losing our best bat and you dont see regression? Ok
    If a guy with an OPS+ of 107... and a negative defensively in LF is a make or break re-sign... we're in trouble.

For the record, I want to resign Ozuna. I think he'll have an OPS+ of 125 or more next year. I think his avg this year drove that number down, but his power and obp stayed very close to career averages.

But, let's not pretend he was this savior for our season. He was good for 2.2 WAR. Which is helpful, but certainly not this irreplaceable number.

Speaking of replacements... Soler would be solid, but he is not any better than JD Martinez in the outfield.

I'm seeing Stanton's name pop up again

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    So... if you think we're a 90 win team, and not adding a MOTOB... I would guess we're viewing the team very similarly.
    Yup

Depending on the MOTOB and where he is added, we could be a little better.

If, for example, we added Soler, and didn't play a Thomas/Arozarena/O'Neill left field next year, then that's probably an additional 3 wins, so now a 93 win team (range)

I'm seeing Stanton's name pop up again
    I don't see why he'd waive his NTC to come here now after he refused to two years ago.

I don't see why he'd waive his NTC to come here now after he refused to two years ago.
    It was said he might for the fact that he hasn't lived up to the hype in New York and were coming off making the playoffs

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Stanton can blow it out his *** at this point.

Stanton is done.. Hes aging and starting to show it.

Cubs hired David Ross as their manager. Gotta say this is a huge downgrade for them. I like Ross, and he knows what he's doing. But, I think he tops out as Mike Matheny (as a manager).

Stanton is 30, his age is not showing yet lol

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Stanton is 30, his age is not showing yet lol
    How much did Stanton play this year again?

How much did Stanton play this year again?

He had an injury plagued year

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Goold chat quick hits.

1. If a big time player became available for the right price the cardinals would do it, including taking on Arenado (but colorado wont being trading a player after they signed him a year earlier FA/ or extension isnt going to sit well with their future players/ free agents)

2. Carlson will be given every opportunity to start the season with the team but he has to earn it in spring and the cardinals will be bullish on what those requirements are. think a pujols or hicks type of spring where they cant not have him on the roster.

3. Will Smith they are interested in but not as much as we would like given they have lefties and have invested a lot into lefties the past few years. Wouldnt say no but theres going to be a caveat, that part wasnt disclosed.

4. Team will want to meet with MadBum. Will take him at their price. If you are willing to do this I dont know why you just wouldnt go beyond that at go all in on Cole. Not a shot at MadBum but Cole is clearly superior.

5. He answered rapjuicers question about Gorman where rap compared him to Wallace and Cox. Rap kind of got obliterated.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast