Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cardinals bring back Wainwright for 15th season

Curious to see what the contract looks like. This past year seemed like a miracle that he pitched as well as he did. Hopefully that continues and we figure out a way to only pitch him at home lol

I don't think it seemed like a miracle at all. Lots of players are pretty goo in their upper 30's. He's not our ace anymore, but he is certainly a solid pitcher. His knowledge and leadership are worth having on the staff.

I'd imagine he has similar incentives like last year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they just signed the exact same contract.

Very cool, I figured they would wait until after the Rule V though due to the 40 man slot, but whatever.

Curious if this will be he and Molina's last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Very cool, I figured they would wait until after the Rule V though due to the 40 man slot, but whatever.

Curious if this will be he and Molina's last year.
    I seriously doubt it. I think they both play until they can't help the team. Then we're probably looking at bench coach and pitching coach of the future. With Molina in line to take the manager's job when Schildt is gone.

Ken Rosenthal reporting its 5 million in base salary and 5 million in incentives. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    I seriously doubt it. I think they both play until they can't help the team. Then we're probably looking at bench coach and pitching coach of the future. With Molina in line to take the manager's job when Schildt is gone.
    Oh God I hope not.

Molina is a mental midget and an emotional one at that.

I don't expect him to relay information like that.

I think he'd be fine as a bench coach, there for moral support though.

So it's $5M guaranteed, and $5M in incentives.

That puts us at $161M, and $166M budgeted....out of about $185M in spending ability.

So probably another $19M they can spend.