Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Talent wins obie. Nats have lost everything after going home 2-0 and now heading back to Houston down 3-2. Nats are a talented team, Astros are just way more talented than the Nats

Talent wins… May be 55% of the time. There should never be a World Series favorite that is 2 to 1 odds to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    Talent wins… May be 55% of the time. There should never be a World Series favorite that is 2 to 1 odds to win.
    For real.

I'd go as high as the top favorites would be 65/35

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    For real.

I'd go as high as the top favorites would be 65/35
    Maybe in a regular season series, but the world series? You have to assume that both teams are great. To get a team to win 65% of their games for a season is great... impossible if they're playing elite teams the entire time.

Maybe in a regular season series, but the world series? You have to assume that both teams are great. To get a team to win 65% of their games for a season is great... impossible if they're playing elite teams the entire time.
    You are right

I wouldn't mind trading Wong either. Yet a lot of people love him but the reality is he's just an average mlb hitter at the 2nd base position. Which kills his value. Your not going to get anything special unless u include him in a package bigger deal. And Stanton. Would have loved to see him here a few years ago. His problem is the dude is just too much of injury risk now. And seems like just a d.h. hitter now.

Trade for Betts and sign Rendon. Call it an off season. LoL....I can dream...right.

Quote Originally Posted by jayboek View Post
    Trade for Betts and sign Rendon. Call it an off season. LoL....I can dream...right.
    If Rendon $30M, and Betts $20M

That's $25M for than we have budgeted.

Where we losing the other $25M?

I'd love to do something like that, but I don't see how that's even a little possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    If Rendon $30M, and Betts $20M

That's $25M for than we have budgeted.

Where we losing the other $25M?

I'd love to do something like that, but I don't see how that's even a little possible.
    Move Carpenter for prospects… Or in the betts deal

Move Carpenter for prospects… Or in the betts deal
    Red Sox are taking $0 back in salaries if they move Betts. The entire idea around moving him is for top level prospects who get paid peanuts.

I don't see us trading Carpeneter either, especially right as his extension begins.

Fowler, MAYBE. Maybe they can move Fowler. But that still is not enough.

astros just made will smith their number one target. never seen a ws where the home teams lost all 7 games. probably happened in the last 40 years, just dont recall it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    astros just made will smith their number one target. never seen a ws where the home teams lost all 7 games. probably happened in the last 40 years, just dont recall it.
    It's never happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    Talent wins obie.
    Not always. Always take the bet that pays more. It won't always win, but it pays more.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031