Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    Stupid int by jimmy but why not call a running play at the 1 smh
    Jimmy's interception was on Deebo. Go watch the replay. Deebo wasn't where he was supposed to be. He hesitated and stalled out trying to get to the spot. Similarly, the overthrow on the would be Coleman TD was on Coleman who turned the wrong way. Neither of those were on Jimmy. Jimmy's bad throw was the deep pass to Goodwin where he under threw it. Goodwin still should have caught it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Jimmy's interception was on Deebo. Go watch the replay. Deebo wasn't where he was supposed to be. He hesitated and stalled out trying to get to the spot. Similarly, the overthrow on the would be Coleman TD was on Coleman who turned the wrong way. Neither of those were on Jimmy. Jimmy's bad throw was the deep pass to Goodwin where he under threw it. Goodwin still should have caught it though.
    They're always on the QB... Same goes for him holding onto the ball too long, which caused the other fumble. In fact, the best evidence of this, is Kyle's play calling in the 4th... He wasn't going to let the offense and Jimmy G blow this game.

But overall a great game. The offense needs improvement, but they were without their tackles and FB. Their WR's are subpar, and Jimmy G was inconsistent at times, and wasn't able to get into rhythm at other times.

This defense is fun to watch. Hope Sherman is ok. Heard it was just a stinger. The pundits have said they haven't played anyone. Then I'll retort, they still haven't played anyone. But that D is legit. Championship caliber.

Didn't get a chance to give props to Jimmie "Hospital" Ward who has played two very very good games, probably the two best games of his career at safety.

Moseley is another find/keeper. I thought both tackles played relatively ok.

Disappointed in the special teams. Last two games, the punting, return game, and FG's have been collegiate level.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

The penalties have reduced for the team also which is great. In weeks 1/2, every 3rd or 4th down stop would be nullified by penalty. The team is no longer committing those.

I think later in the year, Jimmy G is going to have to establish that he can help win a game, maybe when the schedule gets tougher, and their regs return.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Congrats to the 49ers. Big test and they pushed the Rams around today. Didn't think they were the real deal, but they got talent and play fast and hard.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    The penalties have reduced for the team also which is great. In weeks 1/2, every 3rd or 4th down stop would be nullified by penalty. The team is no longer committing those.

I think later in the year, Jimmy G is going to have to establish that he can help win a game, maybe when the schedule gets tougher, and their regs return.
    His receiver crew stabilizing will help too. Pettis, Samuel, Dwelley are all relatively new to JG still.

Can Taylor come back this year? Are the 49ers going to take a big step on offense around week 10 when they get healthy?

Lakers, sorry bro, but Jimmy totally deserves the blame on that INT. I donít necessarily agree that Deebo missed his spot - Iím honestly not even sure Deebo was the intended target; GK was running an out route to that exact spot but was held up.

Deeboís route started with a fake screen to draw Peters in. Itís quite possible the play was designed for Deebo to have the option of staying flat or going to the back of the end zone. Peters read and reacted perfectly and sat on the more dangerous route.

I think what you saw as ďhesitationĒ by Deebo was purely him reacting to a bad throw considering it doesnít happen until after the ball is in the air. IMO, if Deebo did have an option route, then he made the right choice trying to stay in the flat where he had space to receive the ball even if he had a slim chance of scoring.

In either case, that ball shouldíve never been thrown to that spot given the way the two defenders played it
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-14-2019 at 02:43 AM.

Aside from the INT, I don't see much to complain about from JG. There was not a ton of time to throw on most pass attempts from what I saw. It wasn't a dynamic game, but it wasn't horrible either. His mechanics are gonna be hard to address while Staley and McG are out as teams are going to rush a lot. His dime to Kittle was a bad plant so it's not even an every throw issue.

Besides the bone head pick, I thought Jimmy played well. He constantly moved the chains on 3rd down, despite his clock being sped up without Staley and McGlinchy. I think he'll look much better once those guys get back.

Jimmy G also should have had a pick six to Fowler had he not dropped a gimme. He makes alot of across the field bad throws, the one to Tampa comes to mind as well.

However, he still has only started 18 games in his career lol. Its not like he is at his peak performance or ability yet. If Jimmy can progress with the D playing how it is, look out.

Also Ward has been a pleasant surprise, being used as a safety where he is comfortable makes a big difference. Moseley, Kwaun, all these guys have stepped up their game. Its amazing what a difference a pass rush makes

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Aside from the INT, I don't see much to complain about from JG. There was not a ton of time to throw on most pass attempts from what I saw. It wasn't a dynamic game, but it wasn't horrible either. His mechanics are gonna be hard to address while Staley and McG are out as teams are going to rush a lot. His dime to Kittle was a bad plant so it's not even an every throw issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Besides the bone head pick, I thought Jimmy played well. He constantly moved the chains on 3rd down, despite his clock being sped up without Staley and McGlinchy. I think he'll look much better once those guys get back.
    I agree with both of you guys - Jimmy played great all around for most of the game. That play was just a really bad one and highlights the chief concern with him.

R&G, I donít think anyone is denying that JG is really good at throws made on the run, and/or off balance/off platform, he just seems to do it too often in situations where itís unnecessary.

That particular throw was off his back foot with him jumping; the route (whichever he was throwing to) was off schedule; the pass was off target and he sailed it.

Heís getting better, Iím still encouraged. Just trying to be objective

The run game being less productive puts more pressure on Shanahan and JG, saying that the team converted 50% of their 3rd/4th down plays which is a real playcall/QB situation.

There is a lot of room to grow for sure, but there are also positive signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Those were on JG he threw a lob with multiple defenders.
    The one he threw to Coleman was too high.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Defense is legit, JG is not. Hope this defense can keep it up and stay healthy!
    I think you're right about JG . He ain't no Brady for sure .

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    I think you're right about JG . He ain't no Brady for sure .
    To be fair, Brady wasn't Brady right away either. He was good but he made mistakes.

The question is if JG takes strides during this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    To be fair, Brady wasn't Brady right away either. He was good but he made mistakes.

The question is if JG takes strides during this year?
    IMO

1) Yeah, he can make off platform throws, and thatís great, but he has to commit to getting his feet under him, squaring his hips, and throwing with his legs when he has the time - I think youíve mentioned this a number of times as well.

2) Continue to improve at progressions and stop staring down receivers. He gets away with this a lot during the drive up the field where thereís a ton of space for defenses to cover, but it gets more difficult as the team gets further into the red zone. In rewatching the play, I think this is why he threw the pick to Peters. JG was staring down the end of GKs route so Peters left his man, keeping him at a safe distance, and backpedaled to the spot.

3) Slow the game down by understanding itís ok to concede a play. Jimmyís great about extending the play and finding an off-schedule throw to make, but heís gotta learn, when it breaks down quickly, itís ok to throw the ball at someoneís feet or get out of the pocket and throw it away. As mentioned above, with Peters backpedaling, Jimmy couldíve passed to Deebo in the flat or just tossed it at his feet. Worst case scenario in either situation is that we lose a down.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast