Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

49ers (4-0) @ Rams (3-2)

Big test here, important division game. We'll see how the offense works without some key pieces missing.

Starting to feel a little like last year. Seems every game they lose another key piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Starting to feel a little like last year. Seems every game they lose another key piece.
    They've got better depth this year. Skule has held up we'll in place of Staley for two games and Mosley looked great in place of Witherspoon last week. The McGlinchy injury is rough because we were already on our 4th OT with Skule, so now Brunskill comes in as OT #5.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Big test here, important division game. We'll see how the offense works without some key pieces missing.
    Goff doesn't do well under pressure, so our defense should be able to generate some turnovers. Hopefully the offense can keep the running game going without Juszczyk and McGlinchy.

^ agreed.

The Bucs showed the blueprint and they are nowhere near the team we are on either side of the ball.

The key will be to make them throw the ball early. The Rams o-line is in shambles. If we can get at Goff quickly with that 4-man pass rush, weíll make him make quick throws with 3 LBs taking away the middle.

But that means the offense has to execute early, especially if/when the defense creates opportunities for them. I still believe in JG. I think heís got everything needed to be great. Just want to see him minimize the mistakes.

Hopefully the blocking holds up for the next couple weeks as that seems to be far and away our biggest concern right now.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-11-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Goff doesn't do well under pressure, so our defense should be able to generate some turnovers. Hopefully the offense can keep the running game going without Juszczyk and McGlinchy.
    The Browns line has rated much better than the Rams line thus far this year so if they can continue what they were doing with the Browns it should be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    ^ agreed.

The Bucs showed the blueprint and they are nowhere near the team we are on either side of the ball.

The key will be to make them throw the ball early. The Rams o-line is in shambles. If we can get at Goff quickly with that 4-man pass rush, weíll make him make quick throws with 3 LBs taking away the middle.

But that means the offense has to execute early, especially if/when the defense creates opportunities for them. I still believe in JG. I think heís got everything needed to be great. Just want to see him minimize the mistakes.

Hopefully the blocking holds up for the next couple weeks as that seems to be far and away our biggest concern right now.
    I want to see JG go one game ... heck one quarter ... without throwing in the air or off his back foot.

When he uses proper mechanics the ball he throws is really great ... when and if.

Now Kittle is questionable?

Now Kittle is questionable?
    Kyle seemed to indicate he's gonna play.

I want to see JG go one game ... heck one quarter ... without throwing in the air or off his back foot.

When he uses proper mechanics the ball he throws is really great ... when and if.
    Yep. It's the most frustrating thing to watch

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

For sure. I still hope itís a matter of getting his feet under him in the metaphorical sense.

Inconsistencies in footwork aside, heís improving on progressing through his reads and has such a quick release. Heís still putting up great numbers and thatís, IMO, a reason to be excited.

I mean, Iíd rather be in our position with a really good QB who needs to make a few adjustments to be great than a team like the Browns whose QB put up stellar numbers because he was probably more confident than his skill level should allow, but seems to be hitting a wall because the league is figuring him out and rattling his cage.

Or the Rams; as much as I wanted Goff to succeed when he was at Cal, the books out on him. He can make all the throws, but heís not the kind of QB thatís going to put a team on his back.

I think, even if JG doesnít grow at all anymore, weíre still in better position at QB than 1/3 of the league. Having BDN backing him up is comforting as well.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 10-12-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Predictions?

Itís easy to peg us with our first loss of the season in this one with so many key players out, but Iím calling it another Niners win.

I think the Rams do minimal damage on the ground and are forced to throw early. Niners get after Goff all game and manage a pair of interceptions on forced throws.

Niners: 31
    Rams: 20

I think we get our first loss in this one. I think McVay will take advantage of Emmanuel Mosely on D, he played solid against the Browns but Kitchens is an inferior coach to McVay who I think will attack Mosely a lot more. On offense we've been able to help Skule out because of our ability to run the ball and quick passing. But, I'm worried about our ability to throw the ball if we need to. Having Aaron Donald providing interior pressure and Skule and Brunskill as the starting tackles could make for a long day for Jimmy G.

Prediction:
    Rams: 27
    49ers: 17

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I think we get our first loss in this one. I think McVay will take advantage of Emmanuel Mosely on D, he played solid against the Browns but Kitchens is an inferior coach to McVay who I think will attack Mosely a lot more. On offense we've been able to help Skule out because of our ability to run the ball and quick passing. But, I'm worried about our ability to throw the ball if we need to. Having Aaron Donald providing interior pressure and Skule and Brunskill as the starting tackles could make for a long day for Jimmy G.

Prediction:
    Rams: 27
    49ers: 57
    I do not respect this opinion. You are not allowed to have it.

Score fixed.

😋
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

For sure. I still hope itís a matter of getting his feet under him in the metaphorical sense.

Inconsistencies in footwork aside, heís improving on progressing through his reads and has such a quick release. Heís still putting up great numbers and thatís, IMO, a reason to be excited.

I mean, Iíd rather be in our position with a really good QB who needs to make a few adjustments to be great than a team like the Browns whose QB put up stellar numbers because he was probably more confident than his skill level should allow, but seems to be hitting a wall because the league is figuring him out and rattling his cage.

Or the Rams; as much as I wanted Goff to succeed when he was at Cal, the books out on him. He can make all the throws, but heís not the kind of QB thatís going to put a team on his back.

I think, even if JG doesnít grow at all anymore, weíre still in better position at QB than 1/3 of the league. Having BDN backing him up is comforting as well.
    I agree. I totally have hope for JG and I've seen his improvement.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast