Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dave Roberts future as Dodgers manager?

Very simple question, do you see Roberts back as manager of the Dodgers next season, or will his managing of the pitching staff in this series, amongst other post-season failings, force the Dodgers to look in a different direction for 2020?

he is bad but he will be back.... the blame is just going to roberts and kershaw and that is really unfair... it doesnt even go 5 games if seager and belli arent utter ****... those 2 were just as bad or worse and a bigger part of the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he is bad but he will be back.... the blame is just going to roberts and kershaw and that is really unfair... it doesnt even go 5 games if seager and belli arent utter ****... those 2 were just as bad or worse and a bigger part of the loss.
    Anyone can go cold for a handful of games. I put way more blame on Roberts and Kershaw.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Absent-minded Andrew Friedman will not hold him accountable. If this were the pre-sabertard era, he'd be gone in an instant.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

Absent-minded Andrew Friedman will not hold him accountable. If this were the pre-sabertard era, he'd be gone in an instant.
    i hate your take on saberstats but you are actually correct here.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    As Spliff said, you can't really blame guys for having a few bad games. Except for Pollock, seriously?? Jesus Christ.

I don't know if we can call Roberts saber minded. Dude is almost as bad as Mattingly. He should've been fired in 2015 when he pinch hit Utley for Pederson with Familia on the mound. Next hitter up was the pitcher and then he only had AJ Ellis left on the bench to bring in #Dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc Wreaker View Post
    As Spliff said, you can't really blame guys for having a few bad games. Except for Pollock, seriously?? Jesus Christ.

I don't know if we can call Roberts saber minded. Dude is almost as bad as Mattingly. He should've been fired in 2015 when he pinch hit Utley for Pederson with Familia on the mound. Next hitter up was the pitcher and then he only had AJ Ellis left on the bench to bring in #Dumbass
    they were horrid man... like not even close... its hard to blame hitters for having a few bad games but we can blame pitchers for maybe a bad outing plus an inning ? that is my overall point... kershaw is **** and a choker but who really deserves the most blame here? Kershaw wasnt kershaw in his first start and he ****ed them from the pen but again Belli and seager were awful.

Kershaw pitched well in the 7th, why not bring him back in the 8th? If you use Maeda in relief then who starts Saturday (assuming Ryu stats Friday)?

When Bochy did post game interviews he would disclose his strategies of what was next in what situation, maybe Roberts had lots of plans and this situation was predetermined with what moves he would make based on what happened. I doubt he waited until between the 7th and 8th to try and figure it out. I think if Kershaw doesn't get the out in the 7th he doesn't bring him back (I didn't watch 8 or 9, I figured the Nats were toast the way Kershaw pitched).
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Contract extension..

My bold prediction is he will be managing the Giants next season.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Kershaw pitched well in the 7th, why not bring him back in the 8th? If you use Maeda in relief then who starts Saturday (assuming Ryu stats Friday)?

When Bochy did post game interviews he would disclose his strategies of what was next in what situation, maybe Roberts had lots of plans and this situation was predetermined with what moves he would make based on what happened. I doubt he waited until between the 7th and 8th to try and figure it out. I think if Kershaw doesn't get the out in the 7th he doesn't bring him back (I didn't watch 8 or 9, I figured the Nats were toast the way Kershaw pitched).
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    My bold prediction is he will be managing the Giants next season.
    No, Gabe Kaplar will be, he's exactly the kind of guy that Farahn loves.

He signed a 4 year extension last year, he has 3 more years on his contract, he will for sure be back...he shouldn't be...but he will.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    He signed a 4 year extension last year, he has 3 more years on his contract, he will for sure be back...he shouldn't be...but he will.
    i was going to say, he just signed a contract extension right
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

I guess we can close this thread...

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodge...rn-next-season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast