Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would win this best-of-7 series?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fort Wayne Mad Ants

8 53.33%
  • G1's Team

4 26.67%
  • GM's vote here

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Redraft Playoffs: Fort Wayne Mad Ants vs. G1's Team

Fort Wayne Mad Ants (Homecourt Advantage)

George Hill/Fred VanVleet
    Victor Oladipo/Corey Brewer
    Joe Ingles/Wilson Chandler
    Jerami Grant/Jared Dudley
    Anthony Davis/Ed Davis

vs.

G1's Team

C- Joel Embiid - JaVale McGee
    PF-Al-Farouq Aminu - Omari Spellman
    SF- Evan Fournier - Cedi Osman
    SG- Malcolm Brogdon - Tyler Herro
    PG- Jamal Murray - Seth Curry

*note this is not real. please vote on who you think would win. This is the culmination of a group of users on PSD drafting players in a snake draft. Please look at each team and determine who would win in a SEVEN game series. DO NOT VOTE ON TEAM FANDOM LINES.

This is a huge mismatch for VC's team. AD is a fantastic player and easily a top 5 player but if there's one player he always has difficult against it's Embiid. AD can play Center or Power Forward but he clearly 100% wants to play PF which is why he's so adamant about having another big man with him, not only are you playing him out of position he wants but you're doing it against arguably the best C in the game and someone who physically imposes himself vs AD every time they match up.

Guard play, is another advantage as Brogdon/Murray > Oladipo(coming off a major injury) and Hill

this is a close match up but ultimately, this is a bad match up for the MadAnts as SinCity Raiders have the advantage at your strengths spots and would win this series.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    This is a huge mismatch for VC's team. AD is a fantastic player and easily a top 5 player but if there's one player he always has difficult against it's Embiid. AD can play Center or Power Forward but he clearly 100% wants to play PF which is why he's so adamant about having another big man with him, not only are you playing him out of position he wants but you're doing it against arguably the best C in the game and someone who physically imposes himself vs AD every time they match up.

Guard play, is another advantage as Brogdon/Murray > Oladipo(coming off a major injury) and Hill

this is a close match up but ultimately, this is a bad match up for the MadAnts as SinCity Raiders have the advantage at your strengths spots and would win this series.
    None of this is true. AD while didn't have a great scoring performance vs Embiid this past season, he was still a monster on the boards, recorded 5 steals and 5 blocks, while also dishing out 6 assists. So while his scoring may drop a bit, he's still incredibly productive in every other aspect of his game. Regardless, given AD's penchant for actually improving in the playoffs, I'm fully confident he can deliver here.

The whole thing about AD not wanting to play center is totally overblown as well. For one, he's said he's comfortable playing minutes at center during playoff matchups. Its also a fact that Anthony Davis has played more center in his career than power forward. In fact, per play-by-play tracking data Anthony Davis has logged 65% of his minutes at center over the past 4 seasons, including 91% of his minutes at center this past season. Davis' most productive seasons have all come at center and in fact his incredible playoff run from two years ago had him at center both rounds for 100% of his minutes. He averaged 30/13/2.3 that postseason. Its safe to say this is where he maxes out his utility.

Speaking of the 65/35 ratio, that's exactly the kind of minute split I have in mind for this series. With Ed Davis, I can play big, clog the paint and deny the bully ball aspect of Embiid's game. Ed Davis will get 20 minutes a night at center, leaving AD to get around 28 minutes at center and 12 minutes at power forward.

Playing big allows me to utilize a defensively stout front court of Ed Davis, who had the second highest Defensive Real Plus-Minus in the NBA this past season, along with Anthony Davis, who is not only an elite rim protector but is insanely switchable. I also outclass you in terms of rebounding. Ed Davis averaged 8.6 rebounds in 17 minutes per game this past season. That is an absolutely insane rebounding rate. Considering this, and the fact that the last time AD played Embiid he grabbed 16 rebounds himself, and averaged 13 rebounds a game in his last postseason appearance, I am going to absolutely crush you on the boards.

The rest of my team will outplay you as well. You have a team full of secondary creators, but no primary creators. I have two. Oladipo was the primary creator for the Pacers the past two seasons, and ranked in the 95th percentile in box creation this past season. Ingles was also the primary creator for the Jazz, respectively. Ranking 14th in the NBA in total assists, and in the 85th percentile in box creation, Ingles was the engine that got the ball moving into the right spots for Utah. Both of these guys are capable of creating for others and will split time as the ball handler.

You also fail to mention benches. You have maybe two actual players deserving to get minutes on a playoff team. Guys like Cedi Osman, Omari Spellman, and a rookie Tyler Herro aren't gonna cut it here. My back court rotation of Hill, Oladipo and Fred VanVleet will outplay your backcourt. Murray hasn't shown that he can actually play well without Jokic feeding him open looks. And while Embiid is a decent passer, his vision isn't even in the same universe as Jokic's. Murray was assisted on over 57% of his shots this past season, a mark none of my guards even come close to. The same goes for Malcolm Brogdon, who also was assisted on 57% of his shots this past season. You've essentially created a back court that is incapable of creating for themselves or for others at a high rate.

Finally, I've assembled a team of plus defenders at every position. I have multiple all defensive first team players in Oladipo and Anthony Davis, and guys whose defense shined in the playoffs. Ingles held Paul George to 33% from the field, 24% from 3, on a sky high 38.5 possessions per game in their 2018 series, while Fred VanVleet held Steph Curry to 33% from the field, 28% from three on 33 possessions. Curry had more possessions against VanVleet than any other player in the postseason.

This, paired with guys like George Hill, Jerami Grant, and Ed Davis who are known for their quality defense will be enough to win me the series.

Nothing is overblown, The man recruited C to face off against Embiid in the Finals, he knows he wants nothing to do with it.... even said this less than a month ago..

I like playing the four, Im not even going to sugarcoat it. I like playing the four, I dont really like playing the five, Davis said

Nothing is overblown, The man recruited C to face off against Embiid in the Finals, he knows he wants nothing to do with it.... even said this less than a month ago..

I like playing the four, Im not even going to sugarcoat it. I like playing the four, I dont really like playing the five, Davis said
    Yes, specifically in the regular season. Otherwise he's willing to, just like he was willing to in the past.

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/antho...or-the-lakers/

So in essence, hes willing to play some C and not play it full time or play vs big boy lineups.... yet, youre trying to get away with him play C vs Joel Embiid and or using Ed Davis a 610 PF (most likely 68/6o) against Embiid... looks like a bad matchup for you both ways.

Embiid and Davis essentially cancel each other out. But with a healthy Oladipo, I'll take the Mad Ants.

So in essence, hes willing to play some C and not play it full time or play vs big boy lineups.... yet, youre trying to get away with him play C vs Joel Embiid and or using Ed Davis a 610 PF (most likely 68/6o) against Embiid... looks like a bad matchup for you both ways.
    Lol Ed Davis played literally 100% of his minutes at center this season and has comparable points allowed in the paint averages as Rudy Gobert and Myles Turner

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061275...100Possessions

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061276...100Possessions

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061275...100Possessions

https://www.basketball-reference.com...davised01.html

Please point to me where Anthony Davis refused to play center in the past. He'll play it, because that's what he's played the past 4 seasons.
    Last edited by VCaintdead17; 10-09-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Yes Ed plays 17m, starts 1 game all season long, 0.4blocks... not only is he starting for your team... lol but he's going to shut down Embiid? you already found the elixir potion and magically made Oladipo 100% with no injury history.

Yea, I don't see it and that's not just because it's my team, but because it's actually a horrible matchup for you. We just watched Ed Davis get whooped on by Embiid in the playoffs.

game 2 6m 2pts, 1 reb
    game 3 10m 2pts, 2rebs
    was injured rest of series.

and yet he's starting and playing a full load vs Embiid.... lol

Yes Ed plays 17m, starts 1 game all season long, 0.4blocks... not only is he starting for your team... lol but he's going to shut down Embiid? you already found the elixir potion and magically made Oladipo 100% with no injury history.

Yea, I don't see it and that's not just because it's my team, but because it's actually a horrible matchup for you. We just watched Ed Davis get whooped on by Embiid in the playoffs.

game 2 6m 2pts, 1 reb
    game 3 10m 2pts, 2rebs
    was injured rest of series.

and yet he's starting and playing a full load vs Embiid.... lol
    Except Ed Davis isn't starting, he's just getting 20 minutes off the bench. Also, LOL at trying to measure defensive impact with blocks. Come on man...you're better than that. Oladipo is expected to be at 100% by January. Playoffs don't start till April bud.

Also LOL at your cherry picking of Ed Davis' performance. Why don't you go ahead and say why you ignored his game one? You ignored it because he had a great game. Played 25 minutes, got 12 points, 16 rebounds and had a team high +28 in plus or minus. He also held Embiid to 5/15 from the field. He sprained his ankle at the end of the game which is why he barely played the rest of the series.

Get out of here with this cherry picking, out of context nonsense.

https://nothinbutnets.com/2019/04/22...-davis-injury/

https://www.basketball-reference.com...904130PHI.html

Just like Ed Davis did when he was healthy this past playoffs, he and AD will bully Embiid all series long.

Oh you made it seem like hes starting. Didnt Embiid have 22-15 that game?

https://youtu.be/SEO7dIKbLxQ

This is what happens when AD plays Center vs Embiid

Oh you made it seem like hes starting. Didnt Embiid have 22-15 that game?

yeah on 5 for 15, while also being 0-5 from three lol. He was awful. -17 in Plus/Minus. 48% TS

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    yeah on 5 for 15, while also being 0-5 from three lol. He was awful. -17 in Plus/Minus. 48% TS
    So your plan against Embiid is to run AD vs him for 28m+?

Why on earth is Hill starting over FVV?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast