Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would win this best-of-7 series?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team 3 Stacks

7 38.89%
  • MBT's Team

8 44.44%
  • GM's vote here

3 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    The difference is that Klay Thompson can do numerous things offensively that JJ canít do. When Reddick is not hitting the three ball there was major floor spacing issues and heís essentially useless when heís not hitting with terrible defense.
    Can he, though? Klay isn't exactly a super versatile offensive player. The guy's an unbelievable shooter, but he doesn't create for himself, and he's not someone who's constantly attacking the basket and/or drawing fouls. He was even assisted on 75% of his 2-point field goals last season, which is absurdly high for a wing averaging 20+ points per game. And his 2.0 FTA per game last season is just laughably low.

Klay is what he isóan unbelievable spot up shooter. But (like Reddick), when he goes cold from the perimeter, you're not getting a lot else from him.

Harris was a late add on a team that didnít have a gel on offense, he shot over 40% with the Clippers. Yes, of course? You can do that when you have maximum shooting that this team does Ė Hell, Brett Brown did it with TJ McConnell. Simmons was played as a PF/C during spurts of games for matchup problems.
    I just don't see Augustin playing a ton of minutes with Simmons on the court. I think you're overplaying that hand a little bit here.

Bogdanovic is an upgrade three-point shooting, but overall as well. Along with Jonathan Isaac who shot 3.5 attempts at a 32% clip to keep the defense honest. This team is a VASTLY better offensive and shooting team surrounding Simmons with no one to really clog the paint such as Embiid.
    Bogdanovic is not an "upgrade overall" to Jimmy Butler. That's an absurd statement, and you know it. As far as Isaac, I don't think that 32% clip is anything to write home about.

We have length in the starting lineup and off the bench to make up for Sabonis not being a premium shot blocker, we also have Ayton off the bench who provides that length and capability. Donít have to play Isaac 30 minutes a game, but Iíll take his length, steals, deflections, and blocks for spurts..at a highly efficient rate.
    Ayton is not a good defender. I wouldn't bank on him having a positive impact on that end of the floor if I were you.

Iím seeing one game against each other in 2019 so I donít really see a large enough sample size to create that type of view.
    Then you didn't look very hard. They played against each other twice last season and have played against each other four times since Sabonis was dealt to Indiana. Nurkic has clearly had the better of those matchups the last two seasons.

It's either Sabonis/Harris are slightly better or it's about even..so Sadds saying they are greatly superior isn't supported. Donít really think itís that much of a matchup problem actually. Donít see why Harris canít hold his own on the perimeter against Blake or down low..Blake just stat stuffs on a terrible team with no real options.
    Better at what? Are you really trying to justify Harris and Sabonis as superior players to Blake and Nurkic? I'd love to see you attempt to justify this. Let's see the data that backs up this ridiculous take. Because I don't imagine there's a sane NBA fan or analyst alive who'd agree with you.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 10-10-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Who is guarding Ben Simmons with numerous outside shooters? 6'1 Kemba Walker? Not quite sure where you are getting that because both Harris and Sabonis are better rebounders than Nurkic and Blake. If anyone is soft it's Blake Griffin. I also have Isaac off the bench who is a lengthy and extremely efficient defensive player to be pesky at SF/PF.
    Ben isn't a great offensive threat anyway. I'd let Rudy Gay defend him and settle for that result. I don't think Simmons is a dominant scorer that can takeover a playoff series.

If only Sabonis was a bad defender...?
    he's not a bad overall defender but he sure as hell cant protect the rim.

Sabonis is a solid rim protector....

Love both teams. After reading the arguments I'll go MBT's. Just think this is a better matchup for him. But wouldn't surprise me if whoever wins this goes far.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Sabonis is a solid rim protector....
    with 0.4 bpg and not amazing rim protection stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    with 0.4 bpg and not amazing rim protection stats?
    BPG don't really imply anything either way. Which rim protection stats were you looking at? Per 100 possessions he allows the same amount of points in the paint as Myles Turner. This is on the third best defense in the league mind you.

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061275...100Possessions

Not to mention his OPP Rim FG% (56.4%) ranks in near the 80th percentile in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    BPG don't really imply anything either way. Which rim protection stats were you looking at? Per 100 possessions he allows the same amount of points in the paint as Myles Turner. This is on the third best defense in the league mind you.

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061275...100Possessions

Not to mention his OPP Rim FG% (56.4%) ranks in near the 80th percentile in the league.
    Yes, but does it matter that Sabonis is often doing this against the opposing team's second unit? I'm not sure how you account for that, but I do think it's a hell of a lot easier to protect the rim against a bench than the starters. At least blocks are a nice way to judge how much a defender can get his hands on shots and affect shots around the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yes, but does it matter that Sabonis is often doing this against the opposing team's second unit? I'm not sure how you account for that, but I do think it's a hell of a lot easier to protect the rim against a bench than the starters. At least blocks are a nice way to judge how much a defender can get his hands on shots and affect shots around the rim.
    You don't need to get your hand on a shot to affect a shot...

But yeah, him going against backups may be a fair point. Kinda hard to tell though tbh. He played 25 mpg last season, which is high enough to inevitably play against some starters. His matchup data kind of implies the same?

https://stats.nba.com/player/1627734...atchup=Defense

Idk, I see a lot of bench guys and starters on that list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12