Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did The Hype Catch Up To The Browns?

Iíll admit I didnít expect the Browns to start 2-3. The media really hyped to the Browns all offseason. Reminds me of our ďdream teamĒ offseason when everyone thought we were going to win it all. Iím not sold on Kitchens yet. Beckham besides one game is not playing up to his potential either. Not sure about this team yet. They beat the Jets which isnít a shock but then they go and beat the Ravens in Baltimore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

I am not sure about them but I do know their schedule gets much easier after week 10. If they can stay afloat until then they are in a good spot to still get 9 wins which might be enough to win the AFC North. That said they need to fix their O-Line desperately. If you starting Greg Robinson at LT you know the line is not good enough.

I think they'll be fine. They are really talented. It's clear they got ahead of themselves, but the division is pretty weak with Cincy and Pittsburgh with the injuries. Baltimore is pretty good but not so good that they'll run away with the division. So they have plenty of time to correct.

Plus, given the Browns history since coming back, being 2-3 is really quite good!

They certainly fooled me.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team

Next 5 weeks:

vs Seattle
    BYE
    @ New England
    @ Denver
    vs Buffalo

3-6 certainly isn't out of the question. There schedule does get significantly easier after that though.

When Baker wasn't able to use Landry well, I had a feeling Odell wasn't going to work out well either. You'd think one of then would be open every play, like Brown and Juju.
    Dak: 12,999 @ 66.7%, 7.6 per att, 79 TD, 32 INT
    Wentz: 11,801 @ 63.4%, 7.0 per att, 83 TD, 32 INT

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I caught the hype I admit. I thought theyíd be a playoff team for sure but so far theyíve looked arguably worse then they did last year which is crazy since some were saying browns and super bowl in the same sentence.

Your baby can't do this

No, they're just the typical example of a team that overachieved last year and everyone thought their splash pickups would jump them to SB status despite being a bad franchise and hiring a bad HC due to fear of losing him. I also said trading Zeitler was a bad move given that the OL wasn't letting Baker get touched last year and now he's playing like a QB that can't mitigate a leaky pocket.

I know the seasons not over yet, but somewhere this offseason I said Browns would not only not be a contender, they wouldn't even win their division.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I think they'll be fine. They are really talented. It's clear they got ahead of themselves, but the division is pretty weak with Cincy and Pittsburgh with the injuries. Baltimore is pretty good but not so good that they'll run away with the division. So they have plenty of time to correct.
    The division as a whole has 6 wins...3 wins are from division games, and the other 3 wins are against the Dolphins, Cardinals, and Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Next 5 weeks:

vs Seattle
    BYE
    @ New England
    @ Denver
    vs Buffalo

3-6 certainly isn't out of the question. There schedule does get significantly easier after that though.
    even if they do get to 3-6 after this tough stretch, it will be tough to get out of and find a wild card spot
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    The division as a whole has 6 wins...3 wins are from division games, and the other 3 wins are against the Dolphins, Cardinals, and Jets.
    Browns beat Jets and Ravens
    Steelers beat Bengals
    Bengals beat themselves

Those 3 have beat teams a combined 3-11, all 3 wins by the Ravens.....who've beat teams a combined 2-11-1
    So, while I think the Ravens are a solid team, they're the ONLY ones in the division appearing so....and they still lost to the Browns. Bills, Colts, Texans, even Raiders are all teams the Browns will have to leap to get into WC contention.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what your expectations were. If you were saying 12-4 or 13-3 then you were probably overcome with the hype.

I think the important thing to realize is that while they've played AWFUL football in 5 games... they're still 2-3. Just based off win percentage, they have the 2nd easiest schedule in the league for the remainder of the year, and that's including the Patriots + Seahawks coming up.

Let's look at it like this: Cincinnatix2, Pittsburghx2, Miami, Arizona, and Denver all have a combined record of 4-29-1. While I don't expect the Browns to win all of them (Steelers and Broncos got good chances to win), I'm not sure the Browns are guaranteed to lose against the Seahawks, Bills, and Ravens either.

While it all looks bad right now, there's still a lot of football left to be played. If Freddie can learn and improve (people were bagging Frank Reich last year when the Colts were 1-5) even marginally each game, along with some of our guys getting healthier (6 starters being out), Hunt coming back, etc... we could make a run and perhaps finish 9-7. That might be enough to win the division if we beat the Ravens the 2nd game, which will be in Cleveland.
    Last edited by Vee-Rex; 10-08-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

7 games might win the division. The Rats needed a fumble in OT vs. the Steelers practice squad qb to steal the W. They aren't looking good either imo.

Also, like Vee said its still early better to peak later and go into the playoffs hot/helathy/cohesive vs. Peaking at the wrong time for the Cle and Bal. Both these teams have time to shake up and or adjust.
    Last edited by Heediot; 10-08-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Figured theyd be a .500 team, they could still do that. I dont understand the people thinking they were gonna win 12

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast