Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1387
    Anyways who ever made the suggestion has been asleep the last few weeks. Simmons value is currently lower than it already was after the playoffs. His character issues are on full display. Any team trading for him would be taking a significant risk. What if he’s unhappy in his new situation? What if he gets traded to a team he doesn’t want to be on? Will he play nice for a little few months and then the immature stuff resurfaces ?

I would argue that OG is currently the better two way player. So yeah I would expect those picks and swaps coming our way if we did a deal like that for Ben. Why would we give up the younger player on a way better team friendly contract and still give up picks when we’re clearly eyeing the future. It just wouldn’t make sense

Bol Bol liked a tweet suggesting the nuggets trade him.

My dream may come true. If this is a developmental year then I’d give up something for him. Maybe soemthibg like yuta.

Oh Celtics… please trade for simmonds. Think it leaves both teams lost at the end of the day.

Would be hilarious if they trade him for Ben after refusing to give Brown up for Kawhi or Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Would be hilarious if they trade him for Ben after refusing to give Brown up for Kawhi or Harden.
    Death.

they need to fire casey. dudes running nurse's motion offense from '18 with a historically garbage 3pt shooting team rofl.
    Last edited by ecart; 11-08-2021 at 06:40 PM.

they need to fire casey. dudes running nurse's motion offense from '18 with a historically garbage 3pt shooting team rofl.
    Not much any coach can do with that roster right now anyways. But they may want to go in a new direction. I don’t recall Casey ever being a great developmental coach. He was never really great with the young guys if my memory serves correct

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Not much any coach can do with that roster right now anyways. But they may want to go in a new direction. I don’t recall Casey ever being a great developmental coach. He was never really great with the young guys if my memory serves correct
    i mean part of coaching is adjusting to your talent. Casey just does the most trendy stuff without understanding its purpose. Like doing three man weaves with that roster is just asking for trouble and is a complete waste of Cade's skill set.

idk a lot of delusional Raptor fans credit Casey for our development. it's almost like Masai is a good drafter or something.

i mean part of coaching is adjusting to your talent. Casey just does the most trendy stuff without understanding its purpose. Like doing three man weaves with that roster is just asking for trouble and is a complete waste of Cade's skill set.

idk a lot of delusional Raptor fans credit Casey for our development. it's almost like Masai is a good drafter or something.
    Casey was fine as a head coach in my opinion. There was a certain amount of structure and accountability under his leadership that allowed him to be successful enough, but it clearly wasn't sufficient. His shortcomings strategically became very clear towards the end of his tenure. He liked to put players in boxes and have specific roles that made the structure clear and helped to earn wins in the short term, but it prevented some players from being able to grow beyond their strengths. (ie. Casey would never let Achiuwa play the way he has to start the year. He wouldn't want Barnes taking these pull up jump shots early in a clock, even if he is open).

Nurse has far better long-term perspective and much more intention behind the decisions he makes (both in play calls and how he asks his players to play).

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Casey was fine as a head coach in my opinion. There was a certain amount of structure and accountability under his leadership that allowed him to be successful enough, but it clearly wasn't sufficient. His shortcomings strategically became very clear towards the end of his tenure. He liked to put players in boxes and have specific roles that made the structure clear and helped to earn wins in the short term, but it prevented some players from being able to grow beyond their strengths. (ie. Casey would never let Achiuwa play the way he has to start the year. He wouldn't want Barnes taking these pull up jump shots early in a clock, even if he is open).

Nurse has far better long-term perspective and much more intention behind the decisions he makes (both in play calls and how he asks his players to play).
    My favourite thing about nurse is the head games he plays with the other team. That last boson series was an epic coaching showdown. Sad we won’t get to see nurse vs stevens anymore.

I think he was a mediocre coach with a strong support system which allowed him to find some success. The best demonstration of this is how his coaching staff evolved over time. None of the coaching staff he hired when BC gave him free rein, accomplished anything after Toronto, if anything (for some) those bottom dwelling Raptors teams were quite literally the highlight of their coaching careers. And coincidentally, our win totals increased as Nurse was given more and more responsibility.

IMO nothing in his coaching career suggests he is anything but mediocre.

I think he was a mediocre coach with a strong support system which allowed him to find some success. The best demonstration of this is how his coaching staff evolved over time. None of the coaching staff he hired when BC gave him free rein, accomplished anything after Toronto, if anything (for some) those bottom dwelling Raptors teams were quite literally the highlight of their coaching careers. And coincidentally, our win totals increased as Nurse was given more and more responsibility.

IMO nothing in his coaching career suggests he is anything but mediocre.
    I agree. I thought higher of him when he was here. But we hadn't had very good comparables as a franchise at that point. Nurse has certainly illustrated how uninspired our coaching has been.

I think some of the coach of the year selections we've seen come to Toronto have been very misleading for the fans as well. The award is often really poorly defined.

I agree. I thought higher of him when he was here. But we hadn't had very good comparables as a franchise at that point. Nurse has certainly illustrated how uninspired our coaching has been.

I think some of the coach of the year selections we've seen come to Toronto have been very misleading for the fans as well. The award is often really poorly defined.
    I think there's also a certain degree of fallacious thinking in that some fans believe that correlation implies causation. But changes in management, players, personnel etc are clearly strong confounders.

Also the game has grown so much these past couple years, I think coaching has become way more impactful. Being a charismatic leader that everyone likes just doesn't cut it anymore.

I think there's also a certain degree of fallacious thinking in that some fans believe that correlation implies causation. But changes in management, players, personnel etc are clearly strong confounders.

Also the game has grown so much these past couple years, I think coaching has become way more impactful. Being a charismatic leader that everyone likes just doesn't cut it anymore.
    Interesting take. I'm curious what changes in the game you feel have caused this to become the case? Is it mostly the use of different defensive schemes? The commonality of switching on the PnR? The way the floor is spaced so much with shooters now? All of the above?

Don't look now, but Washington is now 1st in the Eastern Conference. They must be so relieved to have gotten out of that Westbrook contract. Instead of a 45 million dollar anchor attached to Beal, they've now actually given him some quality depth. I do expect some regression however.

Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast