Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1336
    I mean it was technically true but it wasn't really Masai's fault. Raptors were engaged in talks to trade Demar. Nothing came of it so Masai told Demar that nothing was going to happen from those talks. Then two days later the Spurs' trade fell apart so they ended up taking Masai's deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Heíll get a higher APG cause heíll have more opportunities but that doesnít fundamentally change the fact that theyíre all low quality passes. So him averaging a couple more assists does nothing except help your fantasy team but it doesnít change the outlook of this team whatsoever. Like if you have a 20% shooter averaging 4 ppg on 10 FGA. They can increase their ppg if they get more shot attempts but you wouldnít want them to be taking more shots. Same idea.
    I think if he gets his ppg down to the 16ís or 17ís and adds a couple apg to his total itís a huge thing for this team. Doing that would probably mean he is taking smarter shots and shooting a higher percentage. Donít see how thatís a non factor.

You have no faith he can deliver higher quality passes if he is focused on getting everyone involved rather than feeling like he needs to carry the scoring load? I guess weíll see. Iím not going to judge him until we see him try to be that guy. Then Iíll decide how I feel about him in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I mean it was technically true but it wasn't really Masai's fault. Raptors were engaged in talks to trade Demar. Nothing came of it so Masai told Demar that nothing was going to happen from those talks. Then two days later the Spurs' trade fell apart so they ended up taking Masai's deal.
    I thought it was more that they met with him and NN and were discussing the plans for how he will be utilized next season. Then demar thought that meant he wasnít going to get traded.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think if he gets his ppg down to the 16ís or 17ís and adds a couple apg to his total itís a huge thing for this team. Doing that would probably mean he is taking smarter shots and shooting a higher percentage. Donít see how thatís a non factor.

You have no faith he can deliver higher quality passes if he is focused on getting everyone involved rather than feeling like he needs to carry the scoring load? I guess weíll see. Iím not going to judge him until we see him try to be that guy. Then Iíll decide how I feel about him in that role.
    it's not about faith, it's about understanding the game and knowing the limitations of his game. You don't need to literally see him in that role to see if he can be that guy. APG means absolutely nothing and is a ******* way of gauging playmaking. There are players on the team with less assists that have created way more points. FVV creates the lowest quality shot opportunities on this team. lol you think he's going to pass up shots? now that's some faith cause our half court offence is going to be so **** this year, FVV going to be letting shots fly. Besides his shot is the only thing that opens up his playmaking so it is an unrealistic goal. Also by focusing on point forwards and out of position playmaking, it's obvious that it won't happen, this is just their way of mediating that weakness.
    Last edited by ecart; 08-16-2021 at 05:34 PM.

I thought it was more that they met with him and NN and were discussing the plans for how he will be utilized next season. Then demar thought that meant he wasnít going to get traded.
    No he caught whiff of the trade talks and asked Masai. Masai said they had no plans to trade him cause the talks fell through. Kawhi wasn't the only trade on the table, there were others.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I dont remember that, did they? geez no wonder why he was so upset lol
    DeRozan posted on instagram after the deal something like, "been told one thing, outcome another. Aint no loyalty left in this game.."

Watching Bobby portis in the playoffs I totally forgot how he broke miroticís face during practise a few years ago.

Still lots of smoke around the raptors offer for Simmons. I think we have offered a similar deal to what we traded for kawhi.
    FVV, boucher, 1st this year.

And I think itís the best offer theyíve received.

Is siakam the 3rd best PF in the league when heís healthy?

Are Lebron / Durant considered 4s?

Giannis/AD/Zion/Sabonis /Randle/Collins/Green/Harris/Grant

Depends where you rank him among those players. I have him around 7th. If weíre not counting Durant\Lebron Iíd say 5th
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 08-31-2021 at 08:57 PM.

I think it was because they didn't actively shop him but the Kawhi deal came about. Usually unless youre actively shopping a player than you would be engaged talking to tgem.

Nah

Giannis, AD, Zion, Randle, Sabonis all played better than him last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Nah

Giannis, AD, Zion, Randle, Sabonis all played better than him last year.
    I consider AD a Centre.

But if you consider defence then I would only put giannis and Zion above siakam. Sabonis and randle are liabilities on defence.

I consider AD a Centre.

But if you consider defence then I would only put giannis and Zion above siakam. Sabonis and randle are liabilities on defence.
    But they played better than him last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    But they played better than him last year.
    I donít put much stock into last season alone, but they didnít play better than him defensively regardless.

Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast