Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Just an odd story. We will never really know what happened but the players did publicly support him(i suppose they would have to when asked about it). Also, Nurse and Warren both denied the parts written about them.

This was Fred on Nate:

"Nate is one of the best coaches I've ever been around in my short life and he's an even better person," Fred VanVleet said earlier this year. "So, from day one when he showed up to Toronto and he worked me and Greg Monroe out before I even knew who he was, he treated me as if I was Kawhi Leonard and he kept that from day one all the way to the end and our relationship grew over time."

On a follow-up about Bjorkgren back in January VanVleet doubled down and went even further to sing his former assistant coach's praise.

"I'm telling you it's hard not to like Nate. If you don't like Nate, you’re crazy, there’s something wrong with you," VanVleet said.

Yeah so this doesn't mean it is unrealistic to think he lost the room and certainly being dismissed after one season can imply that he did. I just don't know what to make of this story.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Just an odd story. We will never really know what happened but the players did publicly support him(i suppose they would have to when asked about it). Also, Nurse and Warren both denied the parts written about them.

This was Fred on Nate:

Yeah so this doesn't mean it is unrealistic to think he lost the room and certainly being dismissed after one season can imply that he did. I just don't know what to make of this story.
    I agree, I’m just as puzzled. It’s seems so strange. Maybe there was one player that bumped heads with him, and the players just took his side being that the coach was the new face in the locker room he ended up being the odd man out. Who knows.

But hey id take him back as an assistant

Giannis just doesn’t have “it”

Sixers regret not trading for Lowry?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Sixers regret not trading for Lowry?

Doubt it if the rumoured asking prices were true.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Doubt it if the rumoured asking prices were true.
    What was the offer again? Was it Maxey that they were not willing to give up?

Another year where it seems like anyone can win it. The Nets are the favorites but I like the Suns' chances if Paul is able to return.

Why do players shoot so much better at home? I dont even know if the stats actually back that but it always seems that way in the playoffs. The Jazz cant miss right now.

What was the offer again? Was it Maxey that they were not willing to give up?

Masai wanted Maxey, Green, Curry, Thybulle plus multiple first rounds. Considering Lowry’s health, lack of long term commitment from Lowry, how well Curry has played and their total lack of depth; I highly doubt Morey is losing any sleep over this.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-16-2021 at 11:21 PM.

Masai wanted Maxey, Green, Curry, Thybulle plus multiple first rounds. Considering Lowry’s health, lack of long term commitment from Lowry, how well Curry has played and their total lack of depth; I highly doubt Morey is losing any sleep over this.
    I think it was Green or Curry. Other wise that’s a lot of salary.

Never mind, all those player add up to exactly Lowrys salary. Holy **** lol. That would have been a crazy trade if we got them to bite
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-16-2021 at 11:48 PM.

I mean considering how well some of them have been playing Lowry is a lateral move at best. Chances are Lowry gets injured and Morey gets memed on for making that trade while Raptors fans brag about Masai finessing another team.

That’s not what I heard. I heard 1st + thybulle + maxey and green. They’d be better off with Lowry than those pieces imo.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think it was Green or Curry. Other wise that’s a lot of salary.

Never mind, all those player add up to exactly Lowrys salary. Holy **** lol. That would have been a crazy trade if we got them to bite
    I was going to say that I'm pretty sure they needed to include all that salary. If it wasn't Curry, it would have had to be Mike Scott I believe to make the numbers work.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    That’s not what I heard. I heard 1st + thybulle + maxey and green. They’d be better off with Lowry than those pieces imo.
    The package you heard would need more salary. Mike Scott is the logical inclusion.

From a leadership/experience perspective, Lowry adds a ton, but losing Danny Green off-sets that a bit.
    Defensively, Thybulle and Green are 2 of their best wing defenders (with Simmons included as well)

I'd agree that they are probably better with Lowry, but it is quite a haul to give up for a 1 season rental. 76ers have a large window of contention still ahead of them. Throwing 3 young assets alongside a couple of your trusted veterans is a major gamble. I could see why he pulled the trigger on a much simpler George Hill deal instead.

Scott might have been part of Moreys offer but Masai wanted way more, which Morey said was insane. Masai even admitted he might have been asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I was going to say that I'm pretty sure they needed to include all that salary. If it wasn't Curry, it would have had to be Mike Scott I believe to make the numbers work.

The package you heard would need more salary. Mike Scott is the logical inclusion.

From a leadership/experience perspective, Lowry adds a ton, but losing Danny Green off-sets that a bit.
    Defensively, Thybulle and Green are 2 of their best wing defenders (with Simmons included as well)

I'd agree that they are probably better with Lowry, but it is quite a haul to give up for a 1 season rental. 76ers have a large window of contention still ahead of them. Throwing 3 young assets alongside a couple of your trusted veterans is a major gamble. I could see why he pulled the trigger on a much simpler George Hill deal instead.
    Not sure how much leadership you can provide in half a season with one foot possibly out the door. Plus Lowry claims he has been dealing with an injury all season so presumably he doesn’t even play that much in the second half either or gets injured trying to push himself.

The other aspect with trading the lot for Lowry is that it's not some trade you can easily undo later on. If they were to do this, Lowry would have had significant leverage over them during free agency. He could have easily leveraged that into a huge payday so that Morey could save face from losing all those assets for nothing.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-17-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Page 63 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast