Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    And you would lose that bet. LMA was not as good as Bosh bro.

I really wish Jamie was still around so he can break down LMA for you the way he did for me. LMA was a mid range guy who wasnt the most effecient of big men and was mostly over reated through out his career. His biggest hurdle was his mentality because he was to concenred with other players getting more attention than him, and he would complain if Duncan or Pops pushed him to hard to elevate his game. Because he simply didnt have the work ethic. Duncan would out work him even though he was way older than him. That tells me alot.

Take a look at LMAs career a little closer. He was a diva. We cant even really compare their mentalities.

LMA was immature and would let things like Lillard getting more attention bother him. And Before Lillard it was Roy & Oden https://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12...lard-received/

Here's an article about nothing would make Aldridge happy. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...b1vfjci3rsrzlr

Here's one where LMA says hes unhappy with the spurs and wants to be traded because he wasn't enjoying himself. https://www.sacurrent.com/ArtSlut/ar...ring-offseason This is after a 67 win season and being eliminated in the 2nd round. What kind of player is not happy on a 67 win team with championship aspirations...

When Bosh went to the Heat he was willing to sacrifice all his personal accolades to win a ship. He took on a smaller role, he played off the ball, he didn't care if he was seen as the 3rd star. He didn't care if he had to be a spot up shooter on the 3 point line because Lebron dominated the ball. He did whatever was needed to win. He cried one time and it wasnt for attention, or that he was being worked to hard. It was because they lost and failed to reach their goal. That's how committed Bosh was to their cause. There's a huge difference there in mentality even if you don't want to accept that Bosh had the better skill set and ultimately the better career, then maybe this paints a better picture of why LMA was never successful.

I know exactly where you're getting the comparison from. Its from when LMA was drafted. His player comp before getting drafted was Bosh. But we have both players entire careers to compare since then and Its obvious that LMA didn't have the same impact or skill set as Bosh.
    Umm.. so youíre saying bosh was efficient when he was the guy in Toronto? Definitely not from the eye test. Havenít looked at advanced stats from his days with Toronto.

But yes. Bosh won when he took a major step back and became a complimentary piece. Just what I feel he would be best suited to play in the modern game.

Youíre saying he would be more impactful these days, Iím saying he would be about the same impact on winning. Can contribute to a winning team as a 3rd option. Will stuff stats and make some plays but at the end of the day the other guys need to make things happen.

If you look at Boshís run with the raptors and LMAís run with the Spurs... the w/l records seem eerily similar with both guys at the helm.

I cant find the article, but heres 3 posts from different forums where they talk about Aldridge thinking Duncan was crazy for working him out to hard.
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=263824
    https://boxden.com/showthread.php?t=2498759
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment..._and_lamarcus/

He didn't understand what it took to be a champion, didn't have the work ethic, he never worked on his is body, he started shooting 3s one season before he retired. When he was in his prime he was too busy competing with team mates for attention. I mean the guy was a loser lol
    K well since LMA is such an incendiary topic on this forum letís look at Towns, or if you want to call bosh ďa great floor spreaderĒ the a guy like Tobias Harris.

lol it's not incendiary. It's just mind bogglingly how you keep stressing "modern game" and you're completely sidestepping the most important aspect that determines whether or not a big stays on the floor in 2021.

You're comparing a guy who anchored one of the greatest pick and roll defenses of all time because of his unique ability to defend in space, which is the most important aspect needed of bigs in 2021. And then you're comparing him to players who can't even defend their own shadow in their own era and saying yuuuup same impact. How many guys can drop 20 and 10 and defend in space in this era? How many bigs can defend in space period in this era? How would he have the same impact as he did back then when he was an average post anchor on the Raptors? Makes absolutely zero sense. The rarity of his skillset alone already elevates his impact beyond what he produced in the late 2000s.

This doesn't even touch on the aspects of his offensive game that would be well suited for the game today.

It's like saying Reggie Miller would have more or less the same impact today and completely ignoring the fact that his 3pt oriented game in today's game would elevate his production to a completely different level.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-07-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Umm.. so youíre saying bosh was efficient when he was the guy in Toronto? Definitely not from the eye test. Havenít looked at advanced stats from his days with Toronto.

But yes. Bosh won when he took a major step back and became a complimentary piece. Just what I feel he would be best suited to play in the modern game.

Youíre saying he would be more impactful these days, Iím saying he would be about the same impact on winning. Can contribute to a winning team as a 3rd option. Will stuff stats and make some plays but at the end of the day the other guys need to make things happen.

If you look at Boshís run with the raptors and LMAís run with the Spurs... the w/l records seem eerily similar with both guys at the helm.
    We already established that Bosh is not a corner stone franchise player that will lead a team to a ship on his own. Thatís not the debate here. Itís simply that Bosh could play in todayís game and would likely be one of the better big men in the league because of his skill set.

K well since LMA is such an incendiary topic on this forum letís look at Towns, or if you want to call bosh ďa great floor spreaderĒ the a guy like Tobias Harris.

Iím not sure what the question is but Bosh was and still would be better than Harris if he was playing today.

Towns doesnít play any defense. And what does Towns do offensively that Bosh couldnít do? Towns kinda reminds me of Bosh in that last year that Chris was a Raptor.. Dude was averaging 24&11 50+% from the field 36% from 3.. The difference was that Bosh was draggin his crappy supporting cast to the playoffs.

I don't get why we need to constantly compare players, there are no two players who are identical. You know what it entails of to be a successful big man in todays league. Cant you look at a players skill set and determine if he would thrive or not?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-08-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    lol it's not incendiary. It's just mind bogglingly how you keep stressing "modern game" and you're completely sidestepping the most important aspect that determines whether or not a big stays on the floor in 2021.

You're comparing a guy who anchored one of the greatest pick and roll defenses of all time because of his unique ability to defend in space, which is the most important aspect needed of bigs in 2021. And then you're comparing him to players who can't even defend their own shadow in their own era and saying yuuuup same impact. How many guys can drop 20 and 10 and defend in space in this era? How many bigs can defend in space period in this era? How would he have the same impact as he did back then when he was an average post anchor on the Raptors? Makes absolutely zero sense. The rarity of his skillset alone already elevates his impact beyond what he produced in the late 2000s.

This doesn't even touch on the aspects of his offensive game that would be well suited for the game today.

It's like saying Reggie Miller would have more or less the same impact today and completely ignoring the fact that his 3pt oriented game in today's game would elevate his production to a completely different level.
    He likes to move the goal posts a lot. I think he understands what weíre saying. Bosh had a skill set that would thrive in todayís game. But he wants to keep the convo going lol

He likes to move the goal posts a lot. I think he understands what weíre saying. Bosh had a skill set that would thrive in todayís game. But he wants to keep the convo going lol
    I just donít think he would be MORE impactful in the modern era.

I just donít think he would be MORE impactful in the modern era.
    I don't really think you know what is entailed of a big man in the modern era. Especially since you spent like 2 pages talking about Bosh's weight bro lol. As if a guy 6'11 235 pounds is under sized some how.

Most bigs are usually skinny when entering the league. But that's not comparable to Boucher who is now 28 years old and still only weighs 200 lbs at 6 feet 9. Bosh was never that. Especially not by 28 years of age.

Literally your only argument has been size so far. and I've given you examples of guys who are 6'5 (Tucker) 6'7 (Covington) 6'8 (Theis & Williams) who all played or play the C position in todays game. So obviously Chris's size isn't what would hold him back. So what specifically is it that would hold him back in todays game? Its not range, its not his ability to get up and down the floor, its not defense because he could do all those things. So what is it? I'm really trying to understand your take on this.

talking impact is such a broad statement. The league in general is way more high scoring, so a big man who had the offensive weapons that Chris had back then, would def score more today, he would be shooting more 3's today, his defense would stay on par, there's no reason to think it would slide. Look back at the Team US roster before Bosh joined Miami, he was a monster in those Olympic games which is why Lebron and Wade wanted him to join them in the first place.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-08-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Serious question. How many bigs can actually defend in space, have decent offence and aren't injury prone? I feel like within that context, Siakam is a very valuable commodity. I can't think of many that fit the bill. Is there even 5? If you widen the parameters a bit to mediocre offence (i.e Draymond level), I feel like you still wouldn't even get 10 starters.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-08-2021 at 06:56 PM.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...en-695545.html

Wow the pacers already fired Bjorkgren. That didnít last very long.

How fair is it to fire him already when Warren was out all season, then they traded for Levert and he was out for a long time. What exactly were the pacers expecting from the coach

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...en-695545.html

Wow the pacers already fired Bjorkgren. That didnít last very long.

How fair is it to fire him already when Warren was out all season, then they traded for Levert and he was out for a long time. What exactly were the pacers expecting from the coach
    I don't think it was that. I think the players didn't like him. Even though Nurse said the rumors weren't true and Warren denied it, I think there's some truth to it. They only denied what was reported but maybe it was some other aspect of his personality they didn't like since the only person giving him glowing reviews is Nurse and Raptors players. Welcome back I guess.

I heard he is just good at Xs and Os but he can't relate or motivate guys and that is why he has stayed an assistant coach for so long. He couldn't get them to buy in to all the weird **** he was coming up with Nurse I guess lol.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-09-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I don't think it was that. I think the players didn't like him. Even though Nurse said the rumors weren't true and Warren denied it, I think there's some truth to it. They only denied what was reported but maybe it was some other aspect of his personality they didn't like since the only person giving him glowing reviews is Nurse and Raptors players. Welcome back I guess.

I heard he is just good at Xs and Os but he can't relate or motivate guys and that is why he has stayed an assistant coach for so long. He couldn't get them to buy in to all the weird **** he was coming up with Nurse I guess lol.
    Just seemed strange that he was never given a fully healthy roster to work with and they pulled the plug on him. To youíre point maybe it was stuff behind the scenes. If players arenít responding to the HC I guess it doesnít matter if he had a healthy team to work with or not

Just seemed strange that he was never given a fully healthy roster to work with and they pulled the plug on him. To youíre point maybe it was stuff behind the scenes. If players arenít responding to the HC I guess it doesnít matter if he had a healthy team to work with or not
    I think it is very hard for a new coach to come in and do all that weird **** that Nurse likes to do. I think Nurse got away with it because he built that trust up from his time as an assistant coach and his work with guys like Pascal and FVV in the 905. And Nurse's system isn't easy and is so different from the rest of the league. You have to put in more work physically and mentally to learn it. And if you have a ****** personality that **** just compounds.

Reminds me of Lebron trying to get Spo fired and tuning out Blatt cause he didn't want to do all that extra ****.

Rumours are he completely lost the room (and the organization). It is hard to keep your job if you don't have support on either end. I know it is just rumours, but it certainly doesn't seem like he built strong relationships in his time there. It is hard to be effective without having the trust of players and staff.

Would love to have an Xís and Oís Guy back.

Page 62 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast