Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Just havenít seen champion level game changing effect from those types of bigs. Great complimentary pieces, not franchise cornerstones like they tried to hype him to be here.

Aldridge had a great career too. Just didnít amount to much at the end of the day. Those types of guys have less impact then they used to. The Spurs were never contenders with Aldridge. They squeezed into the playoffs just like the bosh led raptors.

Bosh was more of a true PF than Aldridge was. So if they tried to play bosh at C I assume the results would be the same or worse.
    I donít think Aldridge was that great tbh. I think he was over rated for most of his career. I remember he would quit mid way through a work out with old man Duncan. He thought that Tim and Pops were over working him and he just never improved on his game through out the years. He was what he was and as the league changed, but he never changed with it.

Bosh was a versatile big, he could work the mid range, he developed a consisted 3 pointer (in his prime) He could play off the ball, he could defend. He had a strong work ethic, was a team guy. LA was unhappy in Portland because he felt Lillard was getting to much attention and then *****ed and complained when he got to San Antonio. I donít think he will sniff the HOF and really if you want to compare them you can say LA at his best was a poor mans Bosh. If Bosh stayed in the league he could have further cemented his legacy but it was cut short. But take a look at what he accomplished in that short career. Take a look at his skills set and tell me what exactly would hold him back from being just as good if not better in todayís league?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-05-2021 at 01:57 PM.

Being skinny in todayís league is pretty normal too. The bruiser types are non existent. Most bigs are tall and lanky now, or are just small ball bigs. Itís not like a guy like Jokic is in the paint banging with prime Howard, or Shaq, or even Mourning. Those type of players are extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Being skinny in todayís league is pretty normal too. The bruiser types are non existent. Most bigs are tall and lanky now, or are just small ball bigs. Itís not like a guy like Jokic is in the paint banging with prime Howard, or Shaq, or even Mourning. Those type of players are extinct.
    Even if they exist, they can't even play in the playoffs anyway cause they just get injured. Embiid lost a **** ton of weight and still can't stay on the floor.

I'm sure atheletes dope but it's not in the way people normally think it is. Especially for NBA athletes, the injury risk of taking androgens is enormous compared to other sports for not much benefit. Anabolic steroids increase risk of tendon and connective tissue injuries. If you're a big why would you get juiced up when you're already pushing the boundaries of your health (most have gigantism, atrial fibrillation etc). Most bigs are trying to lose weight, not gain weight. If you're a guard why would you want to lose your speed, quickness and mobility by getting bigger?

When Russia got caught in the doping scandal, their athletes were taking meldonium to help with their stamina and recovery. It would make more sense to me that athletes are doping on **** like that than getting juiced up like bodybuilders.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Nah you're not wrong. If Bosh was drafted in this era he would be a beast. His career isn't that impressive because the Raptors mismanaged him. He had the potential to do more.

Bringing up Boucher actually works against him. The fact that Boucher can put up points and gets minutes shows you how different the NBA is today.

Christian Wood put up 20 and 10 without even trying and he's skinny af. No shot that Bosh can't do that.
    Aldridge put up 20&10 too. So did cousins. Iím not saying he wouldnít put up numbers.

Aldridge put up 20&10 too. So did cousins. Iím not saying he wouldnít put up numbers.
    You're knocking him for being too skinny. What does that have to do with Aldridge and Cousins putting up numbers?

Wifes a massage therapist and deals with a lot of rehab sports injuries. She says heís done for the playoffs.
    Done for the playoffs btw.

I think the Hawks would handle the 6ers with or with out Embiid. Hawks match up well against them

You're knocking him for being too skinny. What does that have to do with Aldridge and Cousins putting up numbers?
    Iím saying he was able to have more impact as a PF than he would have as a full time C.

Meh. Disagree. I donít think I said anything controversial. Cís have limited impact these days, especially when undersized and/or playing out of position.

Agree to disagree.

I want to feel bad for him and the 6ers, but **** them. Should have paid up for Lowry.

I'm sure atheletes dope but it's not in the way people normally think it is. Especially for NBA athletes, the injury risk of taking androgens is enormous compared to other sports for not much benefit. Anabolic steroids increase risk of tendon and connective tissue injuries. If you're a big why would you get juiced up when you're already pushing the boundaries of your health (most have gigantism, atrial fibrillation etc). Most bigs are trying to lose weight, not gain weight. If you're a guard why would you want to lose your speed, quickness and mobility by getting bigger?

When Russia got caught in the doping scandal, their athletes were taking meldonium to help with their stamina and recovery. It would make more sense to me that athletes are doping on **** like that than getting juiced up like bodybuilders.
    Could have been a stamina and recovery type. I donít know. I wasnít in the room.

Still if your muscles are repairing themselves so you can hit the gym multiple times per day thatís a huge advantage and would help with adding 20lbs of muscle mass in 2 months.

Could have been a stamina and recovery type. I donít know. I wasnít in the room.

Still if your muscles are repairing themselves so you can hit the gym multiple times per day thatís a huge advantage and would help with adding 20lbs of muscle mass in 2 months.
    lol u can take all the steroids u want and get liver damage and u still won't gain 20 pounds of muscle mass in 2 months.

Iím saying he was able to have more impact as a PF than he would have as a full time C.

Meh. Disagree. I donít think I said anything controversial. Cís have limited impact these days, especially when undersized and/or playing out of position.

Agree to disagree.
    that wasnt your claim at all rofl

that wasnt your claim at all rofl
    You can get up off the floor.
    Hereís the comment that sparked this whole thing.

He was paper thin until he cycled the offseason before leaving us. Hard to picture him having a career better than Aldridge or some of these other classic PF made C.

You can get up off the floor.
    Hereís the comment that sparked this whole thing.
    Yes you're suggesting hes too skinny. Whats wrong with you? Are you okay?

Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast